• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

I just think the game should only have sim/pro physics and supplement your skill level with assists. It seems odd to have two vastly different driving systems in one game.

keyrat

gutterboy44 said:
After playing GTP lately I really do hope GT5 has one unified physics setting because it is kind of bullshit that you get the same trophies (in game trophies that I guess inevitably lead to PSN trophies) when having way easier physics. The F40 in arcade physics is so easy to drive in GTP but a god damn hand full on pro.

I don't think Kaz cares much about your trophy collection.

Same thing can be said for rain in cockpit view vs bumper cam. In cockpit view the visibility when raining is way worse than if you use the bumper cam. It's just how it is.

MrPliskin

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
I just think the game should only have sim/pro physics and supplement your skill level with assists. It seems odd to have two vastly different driving systems in one game.

Not really. Having two different physics systems combined with the varying degrees of assists means that this game can cater to an absolutely huge audience. I think it's to the benefit of the game, really.

The only time I see this being an issue is online. Even then, private rooms allow you to set up your own rules, and you can more or less be competitive within your own group of friends.

darkwing

MrPliskin said:
I've been trying to follow this thread, but it's hard, so I'll ask again :lol

Have any of the folks who got it early talked about how transfer data works from GT5P or GTPSP?

you can only play the imported cars in Arcade mode

-viper-

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
After playing GTP lately I really do hope GT5 has one unified physics setting because it is kind of bullshit that you get the same trophies (in game trophies that I guess inevitably lead to PSN trophies) when having way easier physics. The F40 in arcade physics is so easy to drive in GTP but a god damn hand full on pro.
Even if that is the case, It's not like the casual player is even going to attain 20% of the trophies on that list!

Besides, they're only trophies. Sure, it's nice to get some, but if you think about it, they're kinda useless. :p

AndyD

aka andydumi
keyrat said:

Same thing can be said for rain in cockpit view vs bumper cam. In cockpit view the visibility when raining is way worse than if you use the bumper cam. It's just how it is.

Right. Trophies are trophies, but this is a game and gameplay comes first. They can't force everyone to use cockpit view or no assists or whatever to get trophies. The point is to race and enjoy the game, be it from 3rd person cam, cockpit or bumper or whatever you like.

keyrat said:

True, the whole trophy thing aside, I think it would be nice to have everyone playing the same game just with a few assist tweaks differentiating the lot. Arcade physics v. Pro/Sim are insane in GTP. I don't even feel like I have to try in Arcade, old school GT game of slam on the brakes late and turn in with perfect grip.

It just don't see any reason why the game shouldn't run 100% on pro physics, especially after seeing a few of the new assist options implemented in GT5. From the assist descriptions it seems that with them all on it would basically make any mode "arcade" mode.

MrPliskin said:
Not really. Having two different physics systems combined with the varying degrees of assists means that this game can cater to an absolutely huge audience. I think it's to the benefit of the game, really.

The only time I see this being an issue is online. Even then, private rooms allow you to set up your own rules, and you can more or less be competitive within your own group of friends.

I think that simplifying the game by removing the 'normal' option is much better for catering to beginners and veterans alike. It makes the step from full assist to a more sim like setting more gradual. It also makes implementing leaderboards more manageable.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Photo thread now, yes or no? I'm seeing tons of crap already. Debating on posting it in a few hours if we are already getting some clean shots.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MrPliskin said:
I've been trying to follow this thread, but it's hard, so I'll ask again :lol

Have any of the folks who got it early talked about how transfer data works from GT5P or GTPSP?

I think with GT PSP you need to transfer your save over to your ps3 (iirc)

Bobo

LiquidMetal14 said:
Photo thread now, yes or no? I'm seeing tons of crap already. Debating on posting it in a few hours if we are already getting some clean shots.
No. No point if hardly anyone (no one) can contribute.

h3ro

LiquidMetal14 said:

I was kind of hoping the thread would be full of our own GAF pics, not random leak pictures. I'm gonna spam pics of the "Drive what you drive in real life" races like crazy. :lol

I'd say wait until launch. Up to you bud. :)

Despite him being a dolt, I have to admit that tekken90 is doing a better job of stoking the hype train boilers at this point than Sony is. The "big suprise! It's gonna be legend" teaser for the day guarantees I won't be far from a browser.

Despera

Banned
FUUUCK!!!

While I was talking to one of my friends he told me he already bought GT5 like 3 days ago. I said "WHAT!?" and asked for proof...

dsc00025wq.jpg

dsc00026yo.jpg

dsc00027lv.jpg

dsc00028li.jpg

Problem is that he's in the far west and I live in the far east. Hopefully this means we already have it, didn't bother to ask any local retailer for the past couple of days. Shops are closed now, gonna check them out real soon.

Like I said, we always get games early ;)

darkwing

h3ro said:
I was kind of hoping the thread would be full of our own GAF pics, not random leak pictures. I'm gonna spam pics of the "Drive what you drive in real life" races like crazy. :lol

I'd say wait until launch. Up to you bud. :)

yeah this makes sense, lets wait

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
LiquidMetal14 said:

wait you got your copy already?

PM ME!

Oh thank god, all of the rims are just in one menu. No more clicking between each brand to look at a list of three rims.

I swear to god GT games of the past had menus that flowed as smoothly as curdled milk down ape's ass.

SmokyDave

Alucrid said:
Having never really seriously played a GT game, how difficult is it going to be to afford the premium cars?
It'll take some doing to buy all the cars (not sure about Premium Models, they'll cost the same as their equivalent Standard Models I'd imagine) but it shouldn't be prohibitively expensive.

Yes, Che, that's some pointed bolding.

Alucrid

Banned
SmokyDave said:
It'll take some doing to buy all the cars (not sure about Premium Models, they'll cost the same as their equivalent Standard Models I'd imagine) but it shouldn't be prohibitively expensive.

Yes, Che, that's some pointed bolding.

Ok, that sounds good. I mean, there's really only two cars I'm dying for anyways.

R8 and GT-R 4 lyfe.

h3ro

Just saw what the preorder bonuses were. I'm getting a carbon fiber Merc SLR from Amazon. I'm a Nissan guy, anyone want to trade me their Best Buy GT-R code for the SLR one?

If you don't want the SLR and you also have a 360, I'd be willing to give up some exclusive avatar Halo helmet they sent me. :lol

UFRA

LiquidMetal14 said:

OT isn't up, and 99% of GAF doesn't have the game yet, these photos are mainly coming from GT Planet.

There's no reason to rush it out if only 2 people are going to post in it lol.

Alucrid

Banned
h3ro said:
Just saw what the preorder bonuses were. I'm getting a carbon fiber Merc SLR from Amazon. I'm a Nissan guy, anyone want to trade me their Best Buy GT-R code for the SLR one?

If you don't want the SLR and you also have a 360, I'd be willing to give up some exclusive avatar Halo helmet they sent me. :lol

I'm ordering from Amazon and I'm getting a GT-R.

Edit: oh, in game? Whoops.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
gutterboy44 said:
Despite him being a dolt, I have to admit that tekken90 is doing a better job of stoking the hype train boilers at this point than Sony is. The "big suprise! It's gonna be legend" teaser for the day guarantees I won't be far from a browser.

Hopefully it's all GT4 tracks that have been hinted at.

darkwing

gutterboy44 said:

he said that?

Some of these photos are really making me double take wether I am looking at a game or real life. Simply astounding graphical quality.

Debating wether to go to a midnight launch at Gamestop. I have all of that week off so I might as well. In the meantime I should start making up my custom soundtrack list.

Omiee

gutterboy44 said:
Yep, the other vids are up, now just waiting for the big surprise.

did anybody back up all his vids, or is there a page where i can find all of em, he has set them to private so i cant see them from his account on youtube

Top Bottom