• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT7 hits 2.0 user rating on Metacritic after review bombs regarding server issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTM

Banned
What was Sony thinking with this one?

The game has F2P model but priced at 70 bucks. A bit scammy as well that Sony only activated the MTX after the press reviews.

I don't usually care about games being always online but if it's the case, then make sure your infra is rock solid and it doesn't go down because of issues on the publisher side.

hLcEkShh.jpg

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It appears to me that Sony has been driven into a corner with this, and it makes sense. With this constant race to bottom with MTX it was only a matter of time before consumers became tired of this always online bullshit.

The industry really needs to change gears and return to the starting line of what consumers actually want from there products. Only then can legendary titles like Grand Turismo return to pole position.

kingfey

Banned
This is gamers overreaction. But I can't blame them. They have no power, especially when the creator is Tone deaf about the situation.

Sony could have handled this situation better. But instead, they drafted EA letter of an apology, and got the community riled up.

Last time MS did this with FM7, community were pissed off. Hope Sony does the same thing, and correct the situation.

It's still going down?
I mean...those 30 hours were a mess but the game is still great.

I'm sure with all the events and stuff still to be added, it's going to be okay.
I bought the 25th anniversary edtitions and have almost 2,000,000 credits after over 20 hours playing it, which means i have more money than when i started the game and never spent anything that i got from that edition so far...

GT is not meant to be "finished" in a few weeks after buying it.

That said...they were still a mess for changing rewards, that roulette system is shit, you just know you'll get a crappy amount of money 99% of the times and some stuff needs to get better. But as i mentioned, it's Gran Turismo and even "always online" it's the most addictive Gran Turismo experience i'm having since the PS2 era back when i was a kid. That says it all to me. I dropped Horizon Forbidden West for this. Never in a million years i expected that.

kingfey

Banned
It's still going down?
I mean...those 30 hours were a mess but the game is still great.

I'm sure with all the events and stuff still to be added, it's going to be okay.
I bought the 25th anniversary edtitions and have almost 2,000,000 credits after over 20 hours playing it, which means i have more money than when i started the game and never spent anything that i got from that edition so far...

GT is not meant to be "finished" in a few weeks after buying it.

That said...they were still a mess for changing rewards, that roulette system is shit, you just know you'll get a crappy amount of money 99% of the times and some stuff needs to get better. But as i mentioned, it's Gran Turismo and even "always online" it's the most addictive Gran Turismo experience i'm having since the PS2 era back when i was a kid. That says it all to me. I dropped Horizon Forbidden West for this. Never in a million years i expected that.
Having a 30 hour outage for a game that was SP for long time, in the 1st 2 week is not normal.
Keep in mind that this was a maintenence. Future updates would have these issues. This affects people's play time.

Imagine you are hosting a tournament, and the game decides to go in to a maintenence. That tournament is gone, until the game goes back live. You can't do anything, because the game is always online.

That is the downside for this always online. And worst, the game is not f2p. You have to pay $60-$70 for the game. That is what fuels this outrage.

Last edited:

RyRy93

I love GT games but I also like that they have difficulty maintaining the service. This may change things for the better.
It was just taken down for a large bug so they don't "have difficulty maintaining the service", GT Sport has worked great for years.

In this particular instance shutting the game down because it's always online has stopped people from corrupting their saves.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I seriously hope they would consider to remove the online feature.

Always online to prevent cheaters my ass.

Markio128

Just saw your history and you’re out here on a rampage trying to defend the MTX 😂

It’s your choice if you wanna be taken for a fool by Sony. As you can see, not everyone enjoys that.
Mate - I haven’t needed to buy any car using MTX, so I haven’t been fooled by anybody. In fact, they won’t be getting a single penny from me. More to the point, I haven’t needed to pay for any car using MTX, so I don’t really know what to say.

FrankWza

I have no issues with a f2p game having cosmetic MTX.

I was also able to play the campaign offline as you should.
What car did you need to buy to complete any specific race that was locked behind a paywall in GT7?
Would have been another story though if I had paid full price for it and it was similar to GT7.
Ah. So the only time a game can have MTX is if you receive it for free?

Rivet

Nobody cares about review bombing. I don't know why people still waste their time doing that. Publishers only look at critics review scores on metacritic.

yurinka

Having a 30 hour outage for a game that was SP for long time, in the 1st 2 week is not normal.
Keep in mind that this was a maintenence. Future updates would have these issues. This affects people's play time.

Imagine you are hosting a tournament, and the game decides to go in to a maintenence. That tournament is gone, until the game goes back live. You can't do nothing, because the game is always online.

That is the downside for this always online. And worst, the game is not f2p. You have to pay $60-$70 for the game. That is what fuels this outrage.
No, the 30 hours downtime wasn't due to a maintenance.

Yamuchi explained it, they released a game update that had a very rare bug that prevented people to play in both consoles that wasn't reproduced in the testkit (testkits are the testing consoles for QA that are basically like a retail console but are able to run unpublished games). This kind of bugs that happen in retail consoles but not in testkits are common but typically are very small issues, very rarely are this big.

Obviously they only saw this issue when they released it. 30 hours was the time required to investigate fix, test and release a new game update that fixed this issue. It's a rare issue that shouldn't happen again, there shouldn't be this kind of long downtime every time in the future updates, in the same way that they didn't have it in the previous ones.

Regarding the tweak and rebalance of the game economy and related difficulty or rewards yes, this is something common in GaaS. Like many other things of the game they get rebalanced with tweaks depending on the game metrics. Some are kept the same, some go up an other go down. Depending if players play (or complete successfully) too much or too little certain races, or if they buy too much or too little certain cars, they'll increase or decrease these things in different game updates.

Godot25

Banned
Funniest shit is that many PS fanboys (including here on GAF) supported Sony's decision to have fucking 80€ AAA games with shit like "at least we will have complete product without microtransactions"

And yet...here we are...

So we have 80€ AAA games riddled with microtransactions and economy that is literally tuned to support predatory shit like this, where I need to play for 20 hours to earn one car. ONE!
Meanwhile, Forza Horizon 5, which is in Game Pass and retail copy costs 60€ is showering you with new cars every few seconds and don't have economy that exploits players.

For the Players? More like For the Payers.

Cool

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
They're gonna remove the negative reviews like they did with the last of us part 2.

But bombing like this on metacritic is the only way people can reach out to the devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom