• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced Indefinitely to a Hospital Rehab Program

Draugoth

Gold Member
the 18-year-old hacker who leaked GTA 6 clips has been sentenced to life in a hospital prison. He hacked Rockstar at a hotel using an Amazon Fire TV Stick while in police protection.

GB43rVoXQAAalNu

Past News:

Last edited:

Mr Moose

LIFE, man. For hacking a GAME TRAILER.
Not just GTA.

A mental health assessment used as part of the sentencing hearing said he "continued to express the intent to return to cybercrime as soon as possible. He is highly motivated."
The jury was told that while he was on bail for hacking Nvidia and BT/EE and in police protection at a Travelodge hotel, he continued hacking and carried out his most infamous hack.
Despite having his laptop confiscated, Kurtaj managed to breach Rockstar, the company behind GTA, using an Amazon Firestick, his hotel TV and a mobile phone.

Ansphn

And he would still do it? Send him to the Chinese camp or North Korean camp seriously. He will come back a new man. U.S needs to create a program with China, Russian and NK to send some people to their rehabilitation camps.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Menace to society.

If he's fit to rejoin us on the outside, he'll be out sooner than later.

Fake

Do you really not understand the difference between a game and real life?

Are you for real?

Is not me that censor and remove jokes from old games because hurt some snowflake feelings. Looks to me that 'some' games are real life and others don't.

I calling the double standarts here.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

And he would still do it? Send him to the Chinese camp or North Korean camp seriously. He will come back a new man. U.S needs to create a program with China, Russian and NK to send some people to their rehabilitation camps.
Better yet, sentence him to hacking the North Koreans and Chinese, he has obvious talent.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Are you for real?

Is not me that censor and remove jokes from old games because hurt some snowflake feelings. Looks to me that 'some' games are real life and others don't.

I calling the double standarts here.

Yes, I am for real.

You're out of your mind if you're implying that it's okay to hack and steal data from a company because the games they create have illegal activities in them.

Jakk

leaking grand theft auto gets you more years in jail than actually committing grand theft auto.

Wrap that around your head
Did you even read the article? He is responsible for more than leaking GTA footage. He is autistic and he expressed intent to keep on doing stuff like this. What do you thing should be done with such individuals? And it's a hospital, not actual prison. Besides:
He will remain at a secure hospital for life unless doctors deem him no longer a danger.

Go_Ly_Dow

Holy clickbait thread title from OP.

He is on indefinite hospital hold and it looks like for rehabilitation. He can be cleared and released by a physician.

An accomplice was sentenced to a year and a half in a rehab program.

This. He had priors and committed the hack whilst already in trouble for them. He's been violent in custody it says and has a high chance of reoffending according to the judge.

Factoring in his autism they've essentially put him in a psyche ward indefinitely until deemed safe for release by the doctors. So it's on him now to get a 2nd chance/3rd chance.

Last edited:

Fake

Yes, I am for real.

You're out of your mind if you're implying that it's okay to hack and steal data from a company because the games they create have illegal activities in them.

I never said that lmao. Re-read my post.

I find the sentence too much. I never said that this crime should be forgiven LOL. And my post was about double standarts, aka my opinion, not about he is getting free pass for doing crimes.

Feel free to defend this life sentence.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I never said that lmao. Re-read my post.

I find the sentence too much. I never said that this crime would be forgiven LOL. And my post was about double standarts, aka my opinion, not about he is getting free pass for doing crimes.

Feel free to defend this life sentence.

You said

Thats too much for a game that promote violence and thiefs.

In no reality should a company creating a piece of fiction containing violence and theft ever have any bearing whatsoever on a real-life sentence.

I feel like this shouldn't need to be explained, but here we are.

Last edited:

Fake

You said

In no reality should a company creating a piece of fiction containing violence and theft ever have any bearing whatsoever on a real-life sentence.

I feel like this shouldn't need to be explained, but here we are.

You sound a bit confuse about my reply. Let me help you understand:

Thats too much
- Talking about the time this boy will get in prision.
for a game that promote violence and thiefs.
- Personal opinion. Direct related about the crimes inside the game GTA5.

Hope this clear out.

Buggy Loop

This is fucked up

Rich peoples have fleeced billions out of peoples and they get a slap on the wrist, worst, maybe like a sanction paid off by a fraction of the money they stole.

This is not a system to be proud of.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Holy clickbait thread title from OP.

He is on indefinite hospital hold and it looks like for rehabilitation. He can be cleared and released by a physician.

An accomplice was sentenced to a year and a half in a rehab program.

WOW! So clickbaity too. How is this allowed?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

Hope this clear out.
I think they completely understood your post and you are just reiterating exactly what the point was.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This is fucked up

Rich peoples have fleeced billions out of peoples and they get a slap on the wrist, worst, maybe like a sanction paid off by a fraction of the money they stole.

This is not a system to be proud of.

Eh, I bet theres a real high chance he gets picked up by the gov to work for them (or someone else), just like what happened with people like George Hotz. We'll just never hear about it until years from now. Theres no way this kid with his extreme "talent" gets to rot away in some "hospital prison" for the rest of his days. The kid is essentially a weapon (or an extremely valuable tool) and plenty of big people want that kind of talent.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Hope this clear out.

There was nothing you needed to clear up. Your opinion is insane and objectively wrong.

skit_data

Some people make strange life decisions. Going by the article he hacked Rockstar using a rubber band and a set of match sticks, so he's clearly not incompetent when it comes to this stuff. He could probably have made a lot of money, but I guess he preferred regular meals and has a thing for men in white lab coats.

Last edited:
That's the clickbait version of "dude remains in a psych center until he's cleared due to his habitually criminal behavior".

He did not get life in prison.

Elysium44

Banned
When white collar crime results in a harsher sentence than murder/rape.

Money is more important than people's lives apparently.

Money impacts people's lives too, he cost people a lot of money and stated he intended to keep on doing it, so he's where he needs to be. He can get out whenever he decides to start behaving himself like the rest of us do.

Top Bottom