• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Stock Market & Insider Trading Thread: Scratching that BAWSAQ itch

Twinduct

dat HAL stock ...

make-it-rain-arab.gif

Looking at that gif and realising I won't be able to do that ever :<

AndyVillan

Neo Member
Ok, BAWSAQ is at a different price for each character in my game, for example:
HAL
Michael - 7.69
Franklin - 5.56
Trevor - 5.69

What? Am I missing something?

tranciful

These guys are organized and trying to manipulate the market http://www.reddit.com/r/GTAVstocks/

Going to repost myself from OT

Going to consider taking part in the insider trading at /r/GTAVstocks but I have a feeling it's going to be messier than they expect. They have a scheduled selloff on Monday for Pisswasser, but I imagine the hours leading up to that are going to be absolute chaos and anybody who actually waits for the scheduled time is fucked. I'll be waiting to buy into whatever their next choice is as soon as they announce it (might try to predict it -- so far they just pick whatever's lowest), but I'll play it safe and sell it as soon as I see a good return.

But I think I like BurgerShot best so far. No community to muck it up. Buy at $3.XX, sell at $5.XX (or high $4.XX) -- decent return, predictable. I've done that several cycles so far no bruises yet.

I'm also considering investing in prep for GTA:O (stuff I imagine players will be buying in-game, mostly weapons) but it's hard to tell if player activity will have as big of impact as trading activity so I'm not sure how reliable it'd be.

Ethics aside (ethics in my stock market lol), is saving a game, betting it all on something, and loading a previous save if the stock hoes bad a viable option? At least on the LCN?

yenny

Neo Member
Maybe I'm missing something, but the last two Lester missions I did told me about stocks that I couldn't find on LCN (Fruit/iFruit and the car company whose name I've forgotten). I assumed they were on BAWSAQ, since BAWSAQ was down for some odd reason (I assumed due to story reasons), but now I understand that BAWSAQ is actually tied to the online game and thus shouldn't even be affected by single-player events. So what gives? How come I can't find the stocks?

BAWSAQ is only down if your not signed in to psn/xbl as it runs from what the community is doing.

Grinchy

Banned
BAWSAQ is only down if your not signed in to psn/xbl as it runs from what the community is doing.

Sometimes I find that it says it's down when I first load the game up. If I switch characters, it's immediately up again.

Kurdel

Banned
I tried to cheat the LCN and it didn't work.

Putting a waypoint and fast traveling from the top of the map to the bottom to pass time does not affect the stock. I spent 5 days doing this and the price graphic did not change at all, but the days did advance.

I have too much money. Ive bought all properties. My garages are filled with supercars, I buy a Rhino tank everytime I want an airport rampage.

God bless the stock market.

How does LNC actually work? I spent an hour at cluking bell or whats i called destroying loads of their trucks and killed employees and the stock continued to rise...

I think in Rockstar's attempt to avoid the rags to riches cliche in IV and V they have taken away some of the appeal to property ownership, but left all the busy work involved.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I find it annoying that they compute percentage change. It's supposed to be amount change divided by original price, not amount change divided by the new price. A stock can not lose more than 100% of it's value, damn it.

Another example of the poor life lessons GTA is teaching our children.

Oh my god, as you hit + for buying a stock, a song comes up louder and louder the longer you go. The song says..'Smiling faces, smiling faces~!' I don't know the song name though. Hilarious.

Embearded

How does LNC actually work? I spent an hour at cluking bell or whats i called destroying loads of their trucks and killed employees and the stock continued to rise...

Try buying some TacoBomb stocks, then go destroy their trucks (edit: Cluckin Bell trucks) and fuck em up a little! I did this but instead of TacoBomb i bought BurgerShot stocks and kinda worked! It did go 0.75 up in a few minutes and i sold!

Here is a table with the rival companies:
Screen_shot_2013-09-24_at_16.26_.17_.png

I'm up thousands of real world dollars in a week since buying TTWO as soon as the blowout sales figures were released. Haven't reached the stock market in the game yet.

Try buying some TacoBomb stocks, then go destroy their trucks and fuck em up a little! I did this but instead of TacoBomb i bought BurgerShot stocks and kinda worked! It did go 0.75 up in a few minutes and i sold!

Tried many times with different rivals but earned more from random stocks.

Hip Hop

I will not be starting my campaign over to do the Lester missions,

I'm getting the $200 million achievement somehow though, that is for sure.

Derrick01

Banned
Thanks to that chart I just put $80,000 from Trevor into Cluckin' Bell since the stock had tanked to under $30. Now to find me some taco bomb trucks. I saw plenty throughout my time playing but now that I'm looking for them I'll probably never see any.

MYeager

Try buying some TacoBomb stocks, then go destroy their trucks (edit: Cluckin Bell trucks) and fuck em up a little! I did this but instead of TacoBomb i bought BurgerShot stocks and kinda worked! It did go 0.75 up in a few minutes and i sold!

If you're destroying Clucking Bell trucks, they routinely drive in and out of their HQ in Paleto Bay. Oddly, I found the PostOP headquarters there but the truck that keeps spawning there is a GoPostal van

MYeager

I will not be starting my campaign over to do the Lester missions,

I'm getting the $200 million achievement somehow though, that is for sure.

I believe it was Andrew. in the OT thread that mentioned you can spend 30 million on a stock, sell it all to get it right back and repeat and that counts towards the 200 million spent goal.

darkpower

Banned
So yeah, I'm still unsure what you have to do to even BUY stock in something. Nothing ever brings up what location I go to to buy into something. It would be nice for the story line to impact how much money to know how to add money for the story line to impact in the first place.

Like, do I have to complete the main story to be able to play the stock market? Do I have to drive to a specific location? Visit a site in-game? Use the Social Club? I've yet to see where you actually make the investment at!

So yeah, I'm still unsure what you have to do to even BUY stock in something. Nothing ever brings up what location I go to to buy into something. It would be nice for the story line to impact how much money to know how to add money for the story line to impact in the first place.

Like, do I have to complete the main story to be able to play the stock market? Do I have to drive to a specific location? Visit a site in-game? Use the Social Club? I've yet to see where you actually make the investment at!

Internet on your phone.

Hip Hop

I believe it was Andrew. in the OT thread that mentioned you can spend 30 million on a stock, sell it all to get it right back and repeat and that counts towards the 200 million spent goal.

Does it have to be over 30 million? I have about 17 million per character.

I'll try it out right now.

EDIT:

Thanks for the tip, I just got the achievement by using my millions that I had.

pushBAK

Vote this gets posted to the OP.

Lester will send you an email with a link on how to trade.

Top Bottom