• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Horns

I wonder if there will be 3 trailers by the time the game comes out? With each trailer being narrated by one of the 3 protagonists.

3 characters will be awesome, but I won't truly appreciate it unless it's got a branching storyline. Imagine the possibilities...

The dirty looking guy on the left looks just like some actor but I can't think of his name

edit: Scott Adsit, which would be hilarious casting

pargonta

significance on the leafs?

i'm not a pothead but it's not the signature cannabis plant right... it's probably supposed to alude to that or farm crops... or maybe not...

maybe it's a bigger symbolic idea

edit: more likely a visual motif on united states currency ala a dollar bill.
i'm loving this economic core of the game. good shit.

Dabanton

I wonder if there will be 3 trailers by the time the game comes out? With each trailer being narrated by one of the 3 protagonists.

Well R* used the picture of the black guy on the trailer countdown they posted this week.

So it maybe based around him.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"Over the course of 18 pages (our biggest cover story yet!), we introduce the three main protagonists, discuss the groundbreaking way you use them, and explore the reimagined Los Santos – the biggest open world Rockstar has created to date. "

Hype!

1254334927_celebratioqsrjk.gif

/\/\/\/\/\ Proud Blazer fan myself!!!

Awesome. I'm glad that they have three characters. I hope it culminates in an epic ending.

I wonder if they'll have you play same missions from different perspectives.

Derrick01

Banned
I can only imagine how Houser will write these 3 guys' stories. They'll all be somewhat different but then they'll all end up with "wanted to escape a life of crime but ends up getting dragged back in" to lead to the point we take them over.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
think each protagonist represents an arc in their specific city? or all 3 interwoven throughout

that's what they did with GTA4 and the dlc. I don't think it quite worked in that game but it's definitely a good idea so hopefully they nail it this time.

dreamfall

I think three perspectives could work well in an evolving story. I always loved Arillaga/Iñárritu- perhaps put it together like Amores Perros or 21 Grams!

Shifting times! Changing seasons! Double crossing! FOR IT!

Dabanton

I can only imagine how Houser will write these 3 guys' stories. They'll all be somewhat different but then they'll all end up with "wanted to escape a life of crime but ends up getting dragged back in" to lead to the point we take them over.

Naw the first guy sounds like a thrill seeker. Who was out but came back in.

He sounds happy to be doing this stuff.

BFIB

"Groundbreaking"

Maybe you can switch between each character at any given time?

Tri-Op with each person playing each character?

nashb81

Neo Member
I wonder if this game will take place across different time periods....

Edit: Also it looks like GI is down again. I guess they underestimated the power of GTA.

dreamfall

I need one of these guys to be a real piece of shit- murdering psychopath with utter disregard. No anti-hero, no good guy motives, just money for hire!

Hmm, Multiple protagonists is fine but what I don't want to happen is to suddenly be locked into playing one of them specifically when they might not have access to something one of the other characters has.

KingKong

I bet it will be something like you can co-op the story with 2 other people, or switch in between them for every mission

So, you have a bunch of missions to do for each character to lead up to 'big' missions that all 3 are part of, and then you pick which one to play in that

Megasoum

Banned
You getting it for PC?

As the Tablets is supposed to be straight away.

Yeah you need to buy it via the gamestop website for PC... They say "Ship in 24h" and they repeat that in the description below but I imagine they won't take that long to ship a code basically...

I rewatched the first trailer the other day and realized that the convertible cars are actually convertible now. It's a nice touch to be able to put the top up and down.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
"Over the course of 18 pages (our biggest cover story yet!), we introduce the three main protagonists, discuss the groundbreaking way you use them, and explore the reimagined Los Santos – the biggest open world Rockstar has created to date. "

Hype!

discuss the groundbreaking way you use them

tumblr_mb90ajJo821rw5rky.gif

Guy on right = upper class?
Guy in middle = middle class?
Guy on left = lower class?

bullshit speculation

Looks like it. Something like: "3 very different people, from 3 different walks of life are brought together to share an unlikely destiny, after they each became victims of the economic crisis sweeping the country and the city they call home..."

Not sure how I feel about 3 main characters....

I usually prefer a centralized story with 1 character...

I dunno, after 10 hours I was bored to death with Nico's story. All GTA's can drag too. I think this will keep it fresh, and has the opportunity for some really unique moments.

Top Bottom