• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

dreamfall

you know, with the whole 'bigger than GTAIV, RDR, and SA combined' including interiors thing, i really really wish they'd have some buyable properties.

;__________;

Sometimes I wonder if maybe Rockstar could do a much smaller map, but more dense. Like make all the buildings have interiors. Still, the countryside in addition to an urban locale will be beautiful.

Those now removed pictures increased hype +100. Masked characters, crazy break ins, high octane escapes. Heists, heists, everywhere. By far my favorite kind of scenario in any medium.

Derrick01

Banned
I caught those scans before they were taken out, good lord the game is going to look crazy good.

It's also guaranteed to run like shit on ps3, my only console :(

yes, I was planning to play tonight it, but I can't I have to comment GTA V infos and read again the preview and rewatch the unbeliveble screenshots.
My xbox is on on my right, sometime I got disturbed by the sounds of friends connecting.

Yep, GTA V is so amazing that it's infos are better than other actual games! Gonna re-read for 20 hours.

So much information. Bit much to take in really. Can't wait to see the switch system in action. Sounds the most interesting.
Noitced the motorbike is going into a duplicate of this tunnel, was last used in that TDKR thingy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoffarth/4680444451/
You'll probably see a lot more familiar places. They have taken many photos and movies from LA and modelled Los Santos and surrounding areas based on that footage. Going to be good.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There's more images in the digital GI release than the one you can see on the leaks. There's some pages where you can click on thumbnails to show multiple images.

I've seen them all now.

Crazyorloco

Also, Obama's re-election. Rockstar is the Illuminati CONFIRMED.

Halo 4 released on election day. I think there's something to that also.

On topic: I hope we can vote in GTA V.

Also, any news on how we get away from cops in GTA V? I hope it's harder to escape.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well me too (I have the sub on the GI site) but since a lot of people are relying on scans they will probably miss many images.

Sadly i can't buy the magazine but i've seen them all. Those are not from GTA forums.

Better driving controls
Good enough for me. Love the direction they went with IV. My only problem with IV was the way that the animation system got in the way of gameplay. Like it had to spend time calculating the animations before it let you press the button to do it.
I'd rather have 3 smaller cities + countrysides than 1 huge ass city whose layout I will never remember.
Good thing you can use a GPS.
So I can switch between three people in a mission? Hmm...
What worries me is that they say "most of the time" if they create an experience where I can switch and I get used to playing that way. Then they take it away I just see it as ruining the experience in the same way people berate Metroid for taking away all your tools.
Any word on gangs? Every GTA up until 4 had a big presence on gangs. I don't even remember 4 having any.

Having played San Andreas this year, after IV the gang stuff was great fun. Would love to see that thing return, especially as a multiplayer affair.

The fact that there are going to be less characters and 3 protagonists are going to be apart of this tightly knit crew really excites me.

More focused GTA for the win.

Derrick01

Banned
So I can switch between three people in a mission? Hmm...

I got the impression it won't be 3 on every single mission but I could be wrong. I did read the part about each character having side missions that are more personal like dealing with families so maybe each mission does have the 3 guys.

Mastperf

I hope that if multiple discs are required, the other disc will be an install disc so no swapping is needed. It's a lot easier and cheaper to buy storage for the 360 now so it would probably work out pretty well.

Izick

Halo 4 Drops on 11/6.............Rockstar drops info in GTA5 two days later.......people forget Halo 4 exists.

Tell that to people on my friend's list people on Xbox Live almost anybody I know everyone. I think it is just a coincidence that the news and H4 release were so close.

this sounds fucking godly. so ambitious. TOO ambitious?

need next gen version. ( :( )

We'll get a Nextbox/PS4 edition of some kind for sure. Too much money for them not to do that. Will likely be a launch title for both systems.

Sometimes I wonder if maybe Rockstar could do a much smaller map, but more dense. Like make all the buildings have interiors. Still, the countryside in addition to an urban locale will be beautiful.

I thought that as well, but honestly, how fun would it be if ever interior was there? I mean, you can only do so much with them. I agree that it'd be cool and more atmospheric, but it really would add nothing from a gameplay perspective.

Skimmed over the article and basically its looking as though they're fixing all the shit I loathed in GTA IV.

I loved RDR and the more they structure GTA IV like that the better off they'll be.

Halo 4 Drops on 11/6.............Rockstar drops info in GTA5 two days later.......people forget Halo 4 exists.

Umm no. Skimmed the article got the info that there was on offer and now I'm going to play Halo 4 because it exists. GTA V Spring 2013...whatever that means.

Gotdamn, the screen of Michael on his cell phone at night is the most Michael Mann shot of a video game I've ever seen. Right down to that blue filter look.

UrbanRats

Still no mention of animals (aside from dogs and birds). :(

That said, the 3 characters mechanic sounds crazy and the world it's going to be pretty huge AND detailed.
The part about Trevor using the gasoline to burn the truck, damn..

cripterion

Just came in this thread to scream : HYPE!!!!!!

Don't care if I have to play on my rusty 360, I'll be double dipping for this G.O.A.T!

Denzar

Some of those screenshots look unreal!

Than again, I though Max Payne 3 looked unreal for consoles too. Then I saw it with my own eyes...

I'm not really sure what lots of interiors add to a sandbox game. Back in the PS2 gen as a kid I always wanted every building to be enterable, but the ones that are in the latest games are pretty dull. You can go up and have a shoot-out and... that's about it?

I'd rather have some big, unique indoor environments, but have the focus on crafting a city as a whole.

In GTA 4 all the interiors were basically portals to a bunch of different mini games, which is incredibly boring to me.

Top Bottom