• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Pc version is running on $300 Android phones

It is time for Take 2 to port GTA Online to mobile.

Windows emulation on Android is booming right now

Winlator, DarkOS, Mobox ... all of them evolving rapidly.

People can run Witcher 3 on a phone. Better than the Switch version, no less.

It's wild
Interesting that they are able to emulate Windows decently enough to run GTA 5 on it.

Last edited:

Hugare

the fuck is happened? the scene it's exploding

Its nuts.

I'm playing Alan Wake, Fallout 3 and Ground Zeroes on my Odin 2

that is cool! i wonder how long you can play using the phones battery lol
Odin 2 has 8000mh

It can last 5-6h of PC emulated games no prob. Probably better than Steam Deck (original, not the newer one perhaps)

Oh and Switch games on docked mode, better than the Switch. Plus better battery life, screen and ergonomics

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut

Its nuts.

I'm playing Alan Wake, Fallout 3 and Ground Zeroes on my Odin 2

Odin 2 has 8000mh

It can last 5-6h of PC emulated games no prob. Probably better than Steam Deck (original, not the newer one perhaps)

Oh and Switch games on docked mode, better than the Switch. Plus better battery life, screen and ergonomics

I can confirm for yuzu

Fahdis

So uh, what? Steam should really just make an app with active downloads for phones now where we can play through some form of emulation.

StereoVsn

+ Active cooling and 8000mh battery

+ Hall sensor sticks + great construction and etc.

It's the perfect handheld, imo. I love mine.

The value is crazy
I wish the screen was like 7” or more, it would be perfect then. Not like anyone is putting that into their pocket and going out anyways.

Hugare

I wish the screen was like 7” or more, it would be perfect then. Not like anyone is putting that into their pocket and going out anyways.
Personaly I think it's perfect

'Cause if it was bigger, it would enter Steam Deck territory.

Portability (tho limited in this case) is one of the pros of Android handhelds

I dont use it out of home, but it's easier to bring it my parents home for example due to its smaller size.

Steam Deck would look like I'm removing a small child from my backpack

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Personaly I think it's perfect

'Cause if it was bigger, it would enter Steam Deck territory.

Portability (tho limited in this case) is one of the pros of Android handhelds

I dont use it out of home, but it's easier to bring it my parents home for example due to its smaller size.

Steam Deck would look like I'm removing a small child from my backpack
I think if Odin kept similar form factor and just increased the screen a bit, portability would be essentially the same since you are putting it in backpack either way.

Steam Deck has much deeper grips, 7.4” screen (or large bezels) and trackpads. Think more Switch OLED size.

StereoVsn

who cares? With the lack of good AAA games this gen, people are revisiting old glories, that still are lookers, and if you can play them on the go better yet
Yep, would you rather play Witcher 3, Skyrim or New Vegas vs say Starfield? 😉

coffinbirth

On mobile devices yes
ARM is designed to run without cooling and be efficient
Now imagine these chips with active cooling and big size like on a switch
I have an Ayn Odin 2 Pro, and it's honestly amazing. Can do fullspeed Switch emulation, Windows emulation, crazy battery life, is dockable and cost me $400. Active cooling, fan controls, performance settings, GPU drivers, hall sensing sticks with replaceable caps. My only gripe would be the lack of emulators vs. Windows. Still need Xbox, 360, PS3 and Wii U. Emulating an OS and running emulators within that for things such as Xbox 360 and PS3 is just too much for the little bastard, haha... but the fact that the option is even on the table is willlld.

0724204e74b924ec2cdd16a73149d982.jpg

coffinbirth

HAHAHA, I should've read the rest of the thread before I replied to him. I own one and it's fantastic. Has gotten way better since that video even, with system and GPU driver updates:) And yeah, I end up using it waaaay more than my Steam Deck.

Last edited:
yup... x86 CPU are doomed....
A lot of people have slept on Apple Silicon M series because you have to buy a Mac but it will become impossible to ignore ARM for PC once Qualcomm Snapdragon X Elite becomes available later this year

x86 will be dead on desktop except for specific legacy applications before 2030. Once the transition starts it will happen fast

Last edited:
Top Bottom