• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - Releasing September 17th, 2013

Dabanton

I'd hope so, since they're tauting it as something groundbreaking.

I'm salivating at what they could do with it.

I mean they seem like the only dev who makes open world crime games that bother with MP and thus give their games very long legs. SR only has co-op. Volition basically threw in the towel for MP in SR2. SD is lucky it even came out so a lack of MP is expected still disappointing though as once you've played through there is nothing to really do.

For GTA:V I'm expecting an expanded freeroam. We know gangs are coming and will carry over from Max Payne 3.

RDR and MP3 lets me know they learned from the appalling frontend of GTA:IV MP which was pretty shitty and took ages to get into a game and made sure certain modes died a death after a while.

GlamFM

Banned

I mean they seem like the only dev who makes open world crime games that bother with MP and thus give their games very long legs. SR only has co-op. Volition basically threw in the towel for MP in SR2. SD is lucky it even came out so a lack of MP is expected still disappointing though as once you've played through there is nothing to really do.

For GTA:V I'm expecting an expanded freeroam. We know gangs are coming and will carry over from Max Payne 3.

RDR and MP3 lets me know they learned from the appalling frontend of GTA:IV MP which was pretty shitty and took ages to get into a game and made sure certain modes died a death after a while.

Persistent world maybe?

UrbanRats

I actually think the coop in SR2 and 3 is brilliant.
Sure it's not an alternative mode, but it's so seamless that it's fantastic to drop in and out without hassles.
Especially since it's one of the few modern games that supports LAN on PC.

Still, i'm expecting R* to push things forward on this front.

GlamFM

Banned
They won't do these for GTA.
They did those to sell people on new or in any case obscure IPs, but on GTA is better for them to keep some mystery aura and prestige around it, teasing with only cinematic trailers, letting the name itself sell the game.

have they actually said so? Or is that just an assumption. I loved the gameplay series for RDR!

Top Bottom