• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V: Story Mode |OT| Aw shit, here we go again, again, once more.

I think it might actually be impressive.

Rockstar has a history of testing out the new consoles with remasters, Bully with 360/PS3, and GTAV with the PS4/XBO versions. And they’ve always been great at those remasters. GTAV particularly seemed like almost a modular game, like they designed it to be updated again and again…..It’s just been forever since they did, it never got a mid gen Pro/One X update, and it was surprising it didn’t get one considering it’s their most profitable game.

Last edited:

YCoCg

I think it might actually be impressive.

Rockstar has a history of testing out the new consoles with remasters, Bully with 360/PS3, and GTAV with the PS4/XBO versions. And they’ve always been great at those remasters. GTAV particularly seemed like almost a modular game, like they designed it to be updated again and again…..It’s just been forever since they did, it never got a mid gen Pro/One X update, and it was surprising it didn’t get one considering it’s their most profitable game.
It never got a patch because they couldn't sell it. Same reason why RDR2 on consoles will never get a patch to run at 4k60, but might get a remaster down the line.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
not even a 5600x and 3080 can run rdr 2 in 4k/60 without dlss2

giphy.gif

Aren't Xbox new Zealand boys able to play this ? Didn't preordered because I'm certain it will be a clusterfuck
Same but I'm ill with the Corona so might do that region change and play early.

Update: performance mode runs at a solid 60. PRT and fidelity modes are kinda shit legitimately can't see what RT is being applied to. As for the expanded. Nothing new was added.

Last edited:
Same but I'm ill with the Corona so might do that region change and play early.

Update: performance mode runs at a solid 60. PRT and fidelity modes are kinda shit legitimately can't see what RT is being applied to. As for the expanded. Nothing new was added.

Granted they aren’t RT reflections but it’s a night and day improvement between modes.

Last edited:

Myths

This guy is supposedly playing the PS5 version now.

Eh… I mean it could be modded too. Just through controller. Really easy to do for views but if not, then I guess. I’m already spoiled by having modded the hell out of the PC version.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
LOL 10 bucks aint shit. That's how much I spend to wash my car at the gold coin car wash every week.
What kind of logic even is this?

10 bucks is 10 bucks, it doesnt matter what you spend it on and spending it on something shit doesnt change anything, the item is still shit.

You spending it on a car wash, every week, just tells me that you're a lazy sod with disposable income. It has zero bearing that Rockstar feel the need to charge for an update that actually adds nothing but you feel the need to berate people who dont spend on it..

What in the actual fuck even is that? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I can only hope you were being satirical, if not, well. More power to you (y)

bitbydeath

Load times need fixing, takes about 15 seconds to get into single player, which is at least 10 seconds too long. The PS5 controller implementation is perfect though, it flashes red and blue when cops are on you, haptics are finely tuned, feeling bumps of all sizes and hearing the police radio through the controller is just *chefs kiss.

Kilau

Load times need fixing, takes about 15 seconds to get into single player, which is at least 10 seconds too long. The PS5 controller implementation is perfect though, it flashes red and blue when cops are on you, haptics are finely tuned, feeling bumps of all sizes and hearing the police radio through the controller is just *chefs kiss.
Yeah the load times looked very unimpressive for current gen, way better than last gen but still too long.

The DS4 did all that annoying stuff too, lights and sounds.

bitbydeath

Yeah the load times looked very unimpressive for current gen, way better than last gen but still too long.

The DS4 did all that annoying stuff too, lights and sounds.
I haven't played since the PS3 gen, so it's all new to me.
Haptics are definitely a win over standard rumble though.

Rykan

What kind of logic even is this?

10 bucks is 10 bucks, it doesnt matter what you spend it on and spending it on something shit doesnt change anything, the item is still shit.

You spending it on a car wash, every week, just tells me that you're a lazy sod with disposable income. It has zero bearing that Rockstar feel the need to charge for an update that actually adds nothing but you feel the need to berate people who dont spend on it..

What in the actual fuck even is that? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I can only hope you were being satirical, if not, well. More power to you (y)
Doesn't it add several new graphical features like Ray tracing?

Put on fidelity mode for a quick look and it definitely looks better than the PC version. Lighting has been improved considerably and colours have more depth and punch to them but that might be down to the improved Lighting. Draw distance is again better but I never had it pushed out on PC so maybe it's better on PC at higher settings. Anyone noticed higher traffic density and more peds? As that's supposed to be improved as well.

Yamisan

Just wrote that for everyone who wants to give this world a try for free.
Also personally I enjoy GTA Online's single player content more than GTAV's so I have zero urge to get the story mode now.
$10 is free pretty much. If $10 is more than free to someone they need to rethink their life and get off games.

Look run and plays better than cyberpunk so that's a positive.

This is actually kinda a nice upgrade to the console version. I've been playing this game on PC since 2015 and kinda ignored the last version because of the choppy FPS.

GTAV at 60 is peak game!

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Played it for 2 hours on PS5:
  • Performance mode resolution drops too low, it's looks awful on a 4k panel.
  • HDR implementation is broken. It makes everything glow like in Oblivion on 360.
  • "Texture improvements" = sharpening filter.
  • Traffic / pedestrians density seems to be way lower than max settings on PC.
  • Draw distance way lower than on PC.
  • It's a 10 year old game that can't run in native 4k at 60FPS. Let that sink in.
10$ well spend. It's laughably bad.

Hakiroto

Is there any indication yet of any noticeable differences between PlayStation 5 and Series X? I'm not trying to start an argument about the two platforms; I just mean that if there's frame rate dips, I'd maybe choose Series X for VRR. If the DualSense features are great, maybe that'd mean PlayStation 5. I guess there'll be a Digital Foundry video soon but I was wondering if there's anything out there yet. Thanks, everyone. Hope you have fun (buying the game for the 4th time like I'm likely about to do).

Played for an hour or so and it’s good for the £7 I paid.

Fidelity mode looks really great at times and the performance on Series X feels rock solid to me, I’m not sure how much VRR helps but I’m quite sensitive to frame drops and couldn’t see any.

Calling it now, the PS5 will have the edge on this and the comparison vids are going to be a bloodbath lol
I’m not so sure. I checked out a stream yesterday and thought that I could see this strange stutter on PS5. This may have just been the stream but it didn’t look like a smooth 60fps.

After the couple of hours I put in on the Series X, it seems to run at a solid 60. I’ve certainly not noticed any issues anyway.

Last edited:

Salz01

I checked it out last night on PS5. Seems like a decent update. It’s not a complete remake, but a pretty decent upgrade from the PS4 version. Funny note, I started from beginning again, and then at Franklins house watched liked like 10 mins of princess bubblegum anime. It’s so great, never saw it or noticed before. Penis staff for the win….

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I gotta say despite being my like 6th playthrough of GTA5 story, 60fps feels so dam good on this game.
Its also that a gen7 game is still the best modern day open world, the missions are still incredibly fun.

I gotta say despite being my like 6th playthrough of GTA5 story, 60fps feels so dam good on this game.
Its also that a gen7 game is still the best modern day open world, the missions are still incredibly fun.
Yeah, last time I played it was the PS4 rerelease, so almost 8 years ago, and playing it again now almost feels fresh despite having an overall idea of where the plot is going. It still holds up ridiculously well against other open world games.

While I think RDR2 is probably the better open world in terms of detail, this has just a more fun tongue-in-cheek attitude that can keep a smile plastered to my face in a way RDR2 just can’t since it’s considerably more straight faced in terms of it’s characters and plot (not that that’s bad, it’s just takes a different tone and is more ‘drama’ than ‘fun’)

Top Bottom