• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA6 will release in 2025

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

lMLwbTr.jpg

"News" doesn't mean what you think it means. 🤔

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I thought I’d care more about this than I do. It probably as to do with them waiting a full gen, and at least half or more than half a gen of the next between releases of true. On the upside, might really play well oh the PS5 Pro or XSXX.

So it will have been 17 years since the release of GTA IV, the beginning of the HD era of GTA games.

It's crazy to think how much time has passed but I'm excited we may finally see a new rendition of Vice City.

Uh what?

How could they plan specifically for that date that far ahead?
It's just another rumored leak. The same info was posted yesterday talking about a 2024-2025 release.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

First, this is a rumor and not news.

And:

Xellos

I'm sure it will be incredible but AAA development is kind of nuts these days. 2000's Rockstar would have released a dozen games in 12 years. These days it's maybe 2 and GTA Online updates.

Hugare

What were you all expecting?

Its not like R* were scratching their balls since GTA V launched. They've remastered the game, worked on GTA Online and launched whats arguibly their most ambitious game yet with RDR 2.

And with GTA VI they will be making a city environment for next gen. Imagine the work they will have to put into it to make a big city game at that fidelity.

Wasnt expecting anything less. Shit will be massive.

Last edited:

Dark Star

2025? I’ll be an old man. I was in a senior in high school when GTA5 came out. At the time I didn’t even realize how big of a deal it was. I didn’t even play it from start to finish on PS4 until like 2016.

It will be nice owning a PS5 Pro or whatever in 2025. I hope the world is in a better place by then.

To be fair, Rockstar gave us RDR2 in 2018, which is considered like-new in gaming, so it actually makes sense for them to only now be starting official design, writing and production for GTA6. It’s going to be biggest game ever if it surpasses the size of GTA5.

Last edited:
I don’t get why people are surprised, I knew this would be ways out once they announced the next gen version of GTAV.

They would not have wasted resources making a next gen version of GTAV if 6 was coming out soon.

What’s actually surprising is seeing gamespot report this as if Rockstar made a official statement. Gamespot must be very desperate for traffic to do this. Wow

Last edited:
I remember there was only 4 years between GTA games. Ah the good old days!

GTA Online is the worst thing to ever happen to GTA. TakeTwo got really fucking greedy.

no chance. surely production started right after GTA 5
Of course but who knows when it went into full development. I doubt everyone at Rockstar North has only been working on GTA Online and helping RDR2 for this last 8 years. There will have been a team working on GTA VI from around 2014 most likely.

I think what makes most sense is that 2014-2018 GTA VI was in design/pre production/planning phase with a small team. 2018/2019 after RDR2 was out GTA VI goes into full development and comes out 2025.

This has allowed them to milk GTA Online for longer, put out PS5/Xbox Series versions of GTA V this year, and then release GTA VI toward the end of this generation so that they can do what they did with GTA V and release a remaster of VI for next gen (PS6).

Top Bottom