• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV episodic content officially now Xbox 360 exclusive thx to SCAT MONEY

NG_Kris

Luckyman said:
So they didn't actually pay anything if it sells according to expectations.

This is basically right, except I'd say that they didn't actual pay anything EXTRA if it sells according to expectations. It's just an advance payment that Microsoft was planning (or expects) on paying Take-Two anyway. No matter how you cut it though, it's a lot of money, advance or no.

It's funny, because even though this payment is new to all of us, apparently all the analysts knew about it for quite some time now, because it's rather discreetly buried in past financial statements.

NG_Kris said:
This is basically right, except I'd say that they didn't actual pay anything EXTRA if it sells according to expectations. It's just an advance payment that Microsoft was planning (or expects) on paying Take-Two anyway. No matter how you cut it though, it's a lot of money, advance or no.
I don't think they'll be missing any of it from the time it's gone until it gets paid back. :D

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
_leech_ said:
$10 x 5,000,000 downloads through the life of the game? May be possible.

i would be more surprised that there would even BE 5 million copies of GTAIV sold total on the xbox360 before being surprised at a 10 dollar price point. Its gonna have to be at least 30 (and that'd be HALF the price of the retail product). I'm predicting like 2 million on 360 (3 million lifetime). Don't know if a 1:5 attach rate is too high or too low, though (sounds too high, personally)...and there's no way in hell that every single person buying a copy of the game is going to be downloading the extra content too.

i just dont see it exceeding 50 million + any other overhead charges in any huge capacity...

Ragnarok10

new GTA4 info from a turkish xbox magazine

1) When you move, there is a slight vibration with every footstep when you run

2) The HUD has been removed- no health or armour indicators, it is all visual- and if you have armour, you actually have a bulletproof vest which visually deteriates

3) Flamethrower and rocket launcher are still in the game

4) Explosions are larger than ever, and there is a mission in the game based on creating an awesome chain reaction of car explosions- apparently this looks awesome

4) Cars dont explode unless you blow them up- ie they wont explode if you just keep crashing or hitting them- you have to rocket launch into them

5) Niko doesnt get tired- you can run forever, it just wont be as fast as previously.

6) more RPG elements, ie - for a mission, you must catch the train at 7pm, and if you dont, you dont get to do that particular mission (they just gave this as an example, the scenario isnt confirmed in the game yet)

7) Gore is back and better, bullet wounds show, blood appears where you shoot people, they limp if you shoot them in the leg, and hold their arm if you shoot their arm. Apparently when you run someone over it is disturbing (but they gave no more detail)

No eating, girlfriends, keeping fit- but your skills do improve over time (driving etc)

9) Secret vehicles and "plenty of goodies" at 100% completion- no more details given (either not revealed or simply not known yet)

10) Land size is bigger than the 3 cities (not country) in SA put together

11) graphics are better than Saints Row- draw distance is literally as far as you can see

12) new trailer will be on the internet 28th of June

bud

Ragnarok10 said:

1) When you move, there is a slight vibration with every footstep when you run

2) The HUD has been removed- no health or armour indicators, it is all visual- and if you have armour, you actually have a bulletproof vest which visually deteriates

3) Flamethrower and rocket launcher are still in the game

4) Explosions are larger than ever, and there is a mission in the game based on creating an awesome chain reaction of car explosions- apparently this looks awesome

4) Cars dont explode unless you blow them up- ie they wont explode if you just keep crashing or hitting them- you have to rocket launch into them

5) Niko doesnt get tired- you can run forever, it just wont be as fast as previously.

6) more RPG elements, ie - for a mission, you must catch the train at 7pm, and if you dont, you dont get to do that particular mission (they just gave this as an example, the scenario isnt confirmed in the game yet)

7) Gore is back and better, bullet wounds show, blood appears where you shoot people, they limp if you shoot them in the leg, and hold their arm if you shoot their arm. Apparently when you run someone over it is disturbing (but they gave no more detail)

No eating, girlfriends, keeping fit- but your skills do improve over time (driving etc)

9) Secret vehicles and "plenty of goodies" at 100% completion- no more details given (either not revealed or simply not known yet)

10) Land size is bigger than the 3 cities (not country) in SA put together

11) graphics are better than Saints Row- draw distance is literally as far as you can see

12) new trailer will be on the internet 28th of June

LIES

2.4 million downloads each x 2 episodes x 15 bucks per episode would generate 50 million in royalties for Take-Two (at the 70% royalty rate).

davepoobond

jet1911 said:
lol in caps

????

GTA San Andreas did 4 million or so on the PS2 when there was a huge userbase.

I dont think its that far out of whack for a prediction. I was more conservative because of the 60 dollar price point, and then higher price of entry for the both consoles compared to the previous iterations.

and that's JUST for the 360.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
2.4 million downloads each x 2 episodes x 15 bucks per episode would generate 50 million in royalties for Take-Two (at the 70% royalty rate).

I'm pretty sure the DLC will be more than 15 bucks a pop if it's going to be something along the lines of a GTA stories type expansion. I expect to see prices slightly below whatever the story games retailed for initially.

davepoobond

Metalmurphy said:
12 Million acording to Wikipedia

its a worldwide number, for the multi consoles.

oh and i should probably mention i was talking about the original version, not the special edition shit

Ragnarok10 said:

1) When you move, there is a slight vibration with every footstep when you run-Awesome.

2) The HUD has been removed- no health or armour indicators, it is all visual- and if you have armour, you actually have a bulletproof vest which visually deteriates.-Not so sure about this. If they can make it very clear as to what is going on, then cool. If not give me my HUD.

3) Flamethrower and rocket launcher are still in the game-These age GTA Staples. Come on.

4) Explosions are larger than ever, and there is a mission in the game based on creating an awesome chain reaction of car explosions- apparently this looks awesome-HOT! DO WANT!

4) Cars dont explode unless you blow them up- ie they wont explode if you just keep crashing or hitting them- you have to rocket launch into themI tried to do this in Crackdown, and it wasn't quite what I expected. If they can nail this, it would be godly.

5) Niko doesnt get tired- you can run forever, it just wont be as fast as previously.Nice. The whole tired thing was rather annoying.

6) more RPG elements, ie - for a mission, you must catch the train at 7pm, and if you dont, you dont get to do that particular mission (they just gave this as an example, the scenario isnt confirmed in the game yet)Errrrr, if you can keep yourself from having a lot of missions requiring certain times, than it will be good. If it turns into a Dead Rising cluster**** that would not be good.

7) Gore is back and better, bullet wounds show, blood appears where you shoot people, they limp if you shoot them in the leg, and hold their arm if you shoot their arm. Apparently when you run someone over it is disturbing (but they gave no more detail)Maybe I am sick, but this sounds awesome....except for the running over thing. If it is really that disturbing, I might not do it anymore and that is too much fun to not do.

9) Secret vehicles and "plenty of goodies" at 100% completion- no more details given (either not revealed or simply not known yet) Nice.

10) Land size is bigger than the 3 cities (not country) in SA put together Larger and much more dense.

11) graphics are better than Saints Row- draw distance is literally as far as you can seeI expected no less from Rockstar.

12) new trailer will be on the internet 28th of JuneSTILL JUNE 29th for the US. It is a timezone difference.
My thoughts.

damisa

davepoobond said:
????

GTA San Andreas did 4 million or so on the PS2 when there was a huge userbase.

I dont think its that far out of whack for a prediction. I was more conservative because of the 60 dollar price point, and then higher price of entry for the both consoles compared to the previous iterations.

and that's JUST for the 360.

San Andreas sold an estimated 14 million just on the PS2. It was the best selling game of last gen.

dubai bought this for only 50 million more than MS just paid:

QE2.jpg

Top Bottom