• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Jim said:
I literally heard this morning, again, that the "official" bundle will not be available on launch day (more like weeks later). So I'd still say it isn't confirmed, but still possible.

One thing is for sure... the bundle itself is 150% confirmed, along with it being exclusive to the PS3. Absolutely 0 information about a U.S. bundle either way.

If it is bundled weeks later, then Microsoft probably had something to do with this after all.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Why is it that the only commercial I've seen of GTA is the Gamestop one?

Where the hell is the marketing blitz from MS?

Maybe it'll come two weeks prior or something. Hmmm.

Mojovonio

Banned
chubigans said:

I still don't think this will do as much for MS as people think.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Mojovonio said:
I still don't think this will do as much for MS as people think.

From what it sounded like, MS was going all out with making sure the public knew GTA was now a 360 franchise too. And...I've seen nothing from MS, from Rockstar, just a bundle from Sony weeks afterwards.

Dibbz

Havn't been keeping up with this news so let me get this straight.

Sony have a GTA 4 bundle for Europe that will go for £289 and will be released together with GTA 4 (29th)?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dibbz said:
Havn't been keeping up with this news so let me get this straight.

Sony have a GTA 4 bundle for Europe that will go for £289 and will be released together with GTA 4 (29th)?

Not sure about price, but it is 100% confirmed to be launched about a month after the game release.

Firewire

Banned
mabuza said:
well since all the retailers are listing for 29th, i imagine it will be 29th.

Yeah, something weird is going on with that. I can understand 1 retailer screwing up the date, but there are several now listing it as the 29th.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
chubigans said:

I bang my head so often because I repeat this so often. How Microsoft markets is to do a heavy advertising campaign so that you can't really escape it. Last year, the price drop happened on August 8th and Madden dropped August 14th. Microsoft started running the Gears of War trailer in movie theaters and stores 10 days before it sold at launch. That trailer was first shown on Xbox Live on October 25th and the game launched 12 days later. It's going to come.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Agent Icebeezy said:
I bang my head so often because I repeat this so often. How Microsoft markets is to do a heavy advertising campaign so that you can't really escape it. Last year, the price drop happened on August 8th and Madden dropped August 14th. Microsoft started running the Gears of War trailer in movie theaters and stores 10 days before it sold at launch. That trailer was first shown on Xbox Live on October 25th and the game launched 12 days later. It's going to come.

I guess we'll wait and see. The Gamestop commercials aren't doing them any favors though.

Elios83 said:
It's launched the same day the game is released on the market.

Nope, confirmed by Jim:

Jim said:
I literally heard this morning, again, that the "official" bundle will not be available on launch day (more like weeks later). So I'd still say it isn't confirmed, but still possible.

Elios83

Firewire

Banned
Elios83 said:
I could say, confirmed on the 29th by the retailers I know who have ordered the thing in first person ;)
Moreover if you look at the online stores who have publicly commented on the bundle they tell the same story:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/retail-confirms-playstation-3-gta-iv-bundle
The bundle has a RRP of GBP 299 and will go on sale the same day as the release of the highly-anticipated Rockstar game.

This is why Sony needs to get of its ass and release a PR statement in regards to this right away.

Jim

chubigans said:
Nope, confirmed by Jim:

I'm not confirming anything officially. I'm just passing on an update I was provided with this morning.

I've heard differeing reports though also, so we can't tell either way. I'm just saying, don't be completely surprised. The BUNDLE is confirmed (edit: again, not by R* or SCEE, yet).

keyrat

Do you think their not announcing it yet has to do with an agreement with Rockstar, wanting to one-up the competition, or just that they feel it's a better move to announce it when it's available so people don't forget?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Elios83 said:
I could say, confirmed on the 29th by the retailers I know who have ordered the thing in first person ;)
Moreover if you look at the online stores who have publicly commented on the bundle they tell the same story:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/retail-confirms-playstation-3-gta-iv-bundle
The bundle has a RRP of GBP 299 and will go on sale the same day as the release of the highly-anticipated Rockstar game.

Jim said:
I'm not confirming anything officially. I'm just passing on an update I was provided with this morning. I've heard differeing reports though also, so we can't tell either way. I'm just saying, don't be completely surprised. The BUNDLE is confirmed.

Ah, I see. Well there's only 19 days left, surely we'll get an official word any day now?!

mabuza

Banned
i'm guessing they still want to sell consoles now on the back of gt5 prologue, than have people wait. we might get an official announce tommorow or next week monday, when its closer to launch.

Elios83

mabuza said:
i'm guessing they still want to sell consoles now on the back of gt5 prologue

Of course they're still riding on the GT5P bundle, in the meantime:

bartsmitgtaa.jpg

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/...dle-looking-increasingly-likely-picture/3509/

mabuza

Banned
Psychotext said:
That's all based on the date shopto have put on their site... which could very well be a placeholder (I wouldn't blame shopto for assuming it's going to be on that day, it would make sense).
dude, shopto are the retailers and they've confirmed it. they're not some gaming blog. its as official as it can get.

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
I'm not confirming anything officially. I'm just passing on an update I was provided with this morning.

I've heard differeing reports though also, so we can't tell either way. I'm just saying, don't be completely surprised. The BUNDLE is confirmed.

Jim you're famous once again! They have this up on N4G quoting you directly! (the 150% post)

Wollan

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Wollan owned!
MGS4 bundle in Europe.
I haven't promised anything. ;)
Just said SCEE stated there wouldn't be a EU bundle (they did this two days after US announcement).

Elios83

Wollan said:
I haven't promised anything. ;)
Just said SCEE stated there wouldn't be a EU bundle (they did this two days after US announcement).

Wollan you non believer :D , SCEE was the first to announce the MGS4 bundle :p
In October, when they launched the 40GB Sony Spain said they were working on a MGS4 bundle to be released during Easter (that was before the game got delayed :/).
Of course with two big bundles planned before the MGS4 bundle hits the market they cannot unveil it like SCEA which clearly had nothing planned except for it in terms of bundles.

Jim

Firewire said:
Jim you're famous once again! They have this up on N4G quoting you directly! (the 150% post)

oi vey... do people seriously think the official bundle is a fake anyway? It's the release we're debating here.

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
oi vey... do people seriously think the official bundle is a fake anyway? It's the release we're debating here.

Its just all console war crap over there! Facts get skipped over, its actually kind of sad!

Dabanton

Agent Icebeezy said:

We're due a R* website update i expect the advertising campaign to coincide with that.

If following MS usual methods i expect the proper advertising campaign to start sometime next week.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Guy Legend said:
Woah, MGS4 pack for Europe too. It had better be the 80gb system....

Is it doable for Sony to add software BC via a firmware update in the future?
Or I'm going to say bye bye to PS2 BC forever if I buy this no-bc systems?

I'm not asking if they're going to do it, just wanna know if at least is possible.

Dash Kappei said:
Is it doable for Sony to add software BC via a firmware update in the future?
Theoretically... but that's a seriously expensive project that they may not decide is actually worth doing.

MercuryLS

Banned
If Sony makes a 40Gb bundle with GTAIV and a 80Gb Bundle with MGS4 for both NA and EU they are some smart motherfuckers. GTA appeals more to casuals so it makes sense to pack it in with the cheaper system, MGS even though it's popular with some casuals, is a franchise that appeals to more hardcore gaming enthusiasts.

MS's DLC means jack shit if Sony gets that GTAIV bundle to the US $400.

Banned
MercuryLS said:
If Sony makes a 40Gb bundle with GTAIV and a 80Gb Bundle with MGS4 for both NA and EU they are some smart motherfuckers. GTA appeals more to casuals so it makes sense to pack it in with the cheaper system, MGS even though it's popular with some casuals, is a franchise that appeals to more hardcore gaming enthusiasts.

MS's DLC means jack shit if Sony gets that GTAIV bundle to the US $400.

Do we know the price of this bundle yet? Are they really going to be giving GTA IV away for free?

Top Bottom