• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTRevival (Spiritual Successor to GTR2) In Development

Senua

Gold Member
Developed in Unreal Engine 5, GTR is back! Ian Bell(end) is leading the project with shit loads of the original Simbin team, the guys who made arguably the greatest racing simulator or all time, GTR2.

So far only PC is confirmed, but console releases have been hinted at on twitter, sorry...X

Gtr2-win-cover.jpg

And yes, WMD is back! but not yet...Stay tuned.

Follow Ian's twitter for constant updates and screenshots of the game, it's looking pretty dang tasty and cannot wait to finally see some gameplay.

Screenshots

F8ATm2RWMAAbg_I

F8FdZq0WEAAV8e-

F8FGWJSXIAAFL97

F3p00WQWwAAs6RP

F5W__KxXEAAv9O1

F8YQHyfX0AAMfMU

F2HTN7RXoAAZ2Tr

Last edited:

amigastar

GTR 2 is my favorite sim of all times so i'll look forward to this one. I hope it remains it sim roots.
Just watched a video on GTRevival and it will feature heavy AI Voice support. Looks awesome.

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

Been following it for some time, GTR2 is goat, still have physical version (and Steam version ofc).

Great to see that someone understands that we want mid 90s to early 2000s GT machinery (while other, more mainstream names khm khm generally ignore it).

Also great to see that mister, doctor Stephen Baysted is also on board.

Can't wait to hear some greatness continuing the soundtrack lineage.

Senua

Gold Member
Been following it for some time, GTR2 is goat, still have physical version (and Steam version ofc).

Great to see that someone understands that we want mid 90s to early 2000s GT machinery (while other, more mainstream names khm khm generally ignore it).

Also great to see that mister, doctor Stephen Baysted is also on board.

Can't wait to hear some greatness continuing the soundtrack lineage.

Yup, they'll be some modern stuff too (see below) but they know what we want really. GIMME THAT SALEEN

F8Tr9WnWgAAX1yT

F5XANR-WQAAkToO

Klik

He could license a better engine than poorly optimized bugfest ue5, or make one himself. Now the game's going to be an unoptimized bugfest that runs like shite on a 5090
Which engine? Project Cars 2/AMS2 sliding fest? AC engine is 10 years old..

ACC, which is most realistic GT3 driving simulator, runs on UE4. UE5 could be also great. Unless you have 5 years old cpu/gpu you should be happy about UE5

Top Bottom