• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX 1650 Review Thread.

You should still be seeing pretty good performance with a 980 and that CPU, honestly I would just overclock not only the CPU but the GPU as well.

How exactly do I overclock? (apologies if that's a dumb question)

I do get decent performance but it could always be a little better, I worry about some upcoming games like Cyberpunk 2077.

On average I upgrade about every 3 years, it's been 3 years since I bought the card, however I'd love to get as much mileage as I can out of it.

How exactly do I overclock? (apologies if that's a dumb question)

I do get decent performance but it could always be a little better, I worry about some upcoming games like Cyberpunk 2077.

On average I upgrade about every 3 years, it's been 3 years since I bought the card, however I'd love to get as much mileage as I can out of it.
You can get a lot of extra life out of hardware by overclocking it, pushing your CPU to 4.2 or 4.4 Ghz could elongate its usefulness by a couple years, a GPU overclock a year or more.

If you're interested in overclocking start watching some Youtube videos on it and what you need, or need to do. Register here https://www.overclock.net/ and look for information. It's a pretty simple process once you understand how it works and what you're doing.

You can get a lot of extra life out of hardware by overclocking it, pushing your CPU to 4.2 or 4.4 Ghz could elongate its usefulness by a couple years, a GPU overclock a year or more.

If you're interested in overclocking start watching some Youtube videos on it and what you need, or need to do. Register here https://www.overclock.net/ and look for information. It's a pretty simple process once you understand how it works and what you're doing.

Thanks.

Not as terrible as I first thought, but it's still overpriced when compared to the 570 where you can get for 130 or less.

The go to card for peeps who just put in a gpu in an OEM.

This is a very nice upgrade from the 1050ti for those peeps.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Not as terrible as I first thought, but it's still overpriced when compared to the 570 where you can get for 130 or less.

no, its not. There is absolutely no fucking reason in the world for anybody to even remotely consider this POS excuse for a video card.

At its price point, the 570 just decimates it in price and performance. There is simply no reason to get a 1650.

no, its not. There is absolutely no fucking reason in the world for anybody to even remotely consider this POS excuse for a video card.

At its price point, the 570 just decimates it in price and performance. There is simply no reason to get a 1650.

570 will use too much power for some folks. But ya, still a bit overpriced. But if you you're psu limited it's a hell of a lot better than a 1050ti.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
570 will use too much power for some folks. But ya, still a bit overpriced. But if you you're psu limited it's a hell of a lot better than a 1050ti.
giphy.gif

Wrong dude. Even if the PSU is too pathetic to support a 570, its still a much better buy in that the money you save buying a 570 can be put toward a better PSU.

500W PSUs are available for under $40 such as this one from Thermaltake.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...00W psu&cm_re=500W_psu-_-17-153-233-_-Product

Spend $160 - $180 and get a 1650 with shit performance.
Spend $130 and get a Radeon 570

Or in the scenario you present:
Spend $130 + $40 = $170 for the PSU + 570.

Once again there is no goddamn reason to buy the POS 1650.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world

I have a Dell Optiplex with a 750 TI and I wouldn't 'upgrade' to this trash card if they paid me

I could get a RX 570 and upgrade my Power Supply for about the same price as a 1650

Upgrading from a 1050ti would be even more of a joke

MAYBE if they had included turing NVENC it would be worth while for HTPC's or small form factor PC's with TFT power supplies but they did not

The 1650 just doesn't make any sense at all at its current price point (should be $90-$110 USD MAX)

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Wrong dude. Even if the PSU is too pathetic to support a 570, its still a much better buy in that the money you save buying a 570 can be put toward a better PSU.

500W PSUs are available for under $40 such as this one from Thermaltake.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153233&Description=500W psu&cm_re=500W_psu-_-17-153-233-_-Product

Spend $160 - $180 and get a 1650 with shit performance.
Spend $130 and get a Radeon 570

Or in the scenario you present:
Spend $130 + $40 = $170 for the PSU + 570.

Once again there is no goddamn reason to buy the POS 1650.

Not everyone is comfortable upgrading their psu.

I mean I would do it and you apparently, but there are people who don't feel comfortable doing it and will just refuse to do so.

TacosNSalsa

MAYBE if they had included turing NVENC it would be worth while for HTPC's or small form factor PC's with TFT power supplies but they did not

So it doesn't have the new NVENC encoders that the others have?? I was thinking this would be great to put into a dedicated stream/recording PC and the new encoders are quite capable .

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Not everyone is comfortable upgrading their psu.

I mean I would do it and you apparently, but there are people who don't feel comfortable doing it and will just refuse to do so.
Being comfortable/uncomfortable is not a good reason to justify getting blatantly ripped off.

This is a terrible card/ value in pretty much every way.

Being comfortable/uncomfortable is not a good reason to justify getting blatantly ripped off.

This is a terrible card/ value in pretty much every way.

That's some people tho. Just because we know how to do something doesn't mean everyone does.

Funny thing is I'm actually agreeing with you in most ways.

That should have been around 130 bucks max to compete with 570.

Dat green tax doe.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That's some people tho. Just because we know how to do something doesn't mean everyone does.

Funny thing is I'm actually agreeing with you in most ways.

That should have been around 130 bucks max to compete with 570.

Dat green tax doe.
We can agree on that.

I still think this is a decent upgrade for laptops and other systems where power draw and thermals are important to consider. This'd be great for a fanless PC for example (after removing the fans it comes with). Yeah, it's a niche thing, and it's a shame this isn't a bigger upgrade and a better value, but it's still important IMO to have efficient cards like this.

JRW

Guys please don't buy this card lol.. Nvidia holding back drivers until release day should be enough of a red flag, also just watch this review:

Last edited:
Top Bottom