• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy | Reval Trailer

if ur going to give me a Guardians of the Galaxy and i can only play as Starlord. The game better be GREAT. Not ok.

If all 4 characters are playable u can get away with ok or good. But this is like if Avengers only had u playing as Kamala Khan the whole time.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This is the C team to CD's B team on Marvel? Looks appaling.

Neolombax

Looks good. The interpretation of the characters look fine to me. They dont need to be carbon copies of the comics or movies. Gameplay looks fun and engaging. Looking forward to see more.

Looks pretty good to me but I didn't buy/play/get burned by avengers. I agree that starlords face and hair are attrocious but the other characters look pretty good to me. Optimistic on this one.

Something about the character designs just really bother me. Not that they dont look like the actors, but something else thats harder to put my finger on.

Also Drax and Rocket sound too similar.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The gameplay trailer looked good to me. Other than the constant talking. This was a problem in the second movie too. Trying way too hard.

Looks like a game that should have released 2 or 3 years ago when Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Avengers: Infinity War were on everyone's TV screens. Game doesn't look bad, but doesn't look good either. The most horrible sin however is that Deus-Ex is still in the backburner for these stupid licensed Marvel games.

Green_Eyes

Dialogue is actually kinda decent...but puny Drax with a puny voice; butt ugly Gamora with even worse voice acting; douchey Star Lord; janky animations, gameplay and more makes me write this off especially since it's coming as soon as Q4 this year.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Finally watched it, like the chracter designs compared to Avengers, 80s sound track is a plus. The voice acting is iffy for me. rocket looks great. The different enemy designs is way better than the constant bots Avengers had. Waiting and seeing how it reviews before getting. I still ended up getting avengers which I enjoyed but knew it's issues and waited for a big sale.

Kagey K

Banned
I think I might get some enjoyment from yhis, but I feel it will either be discounted for BF or Xmas.

Will pick it up then.

Nico_D

I thought this looked considerably better than Avengers back when that was revealed.

But it can go either way.

Yeah aside from the alpha footage with hard fps-dips, how can anyone say, this is "good" combat? You get to play seemingly the weakest member of the group with his little pew pew guns, that seem to make standard enemies into bullet sponges.
The ordering-system seems to be the crutch for not being the Avengers-Multiplayer-DLC it would have become, had that been a better game.

Let them look like the grey suits of Disney want (there are 4! - FOUR! - interchangeable suits for Starlord before there is stable gameplay!), but that combat is shit!

McCheese

They should pony up for the MCU actors or pivot harder towards the comics.

Rocket was always a cockney in the comics, they also made it clear he's supposed to sound like one. It's only in the film he has an American (Bradly Cooper) accent, which I recall some fans were unhappy about.

Yet In this "totally not based on the MCU" game he also sounds like Bradly Cooper?

Surejan.gif

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So much wrong with that trailer.
The shitty decentered camera, that cringy "fantastic!" ("Aaaw... awen't you a vewy special boy?"), Starlord's stupid hairstyle and stupider jacket, the boring combat with those action breaking menus...
At least they're consistent with the shitty movies.

Last edited:

drezz

Hope I dont sound like a broken record when I say... They all sound like the same person, even Groth.
That might be my ESL thing reacting, but watching the gameplay demo gave me a harder time then any other game figuring out who is who.
Tought it would be the simplest thing to have at least the voice actors be as diverse as the actuall cast, and not the same luke warm Sammy, Sam and Sammajaya, doing the voice lines.

Fox Mulder

Looks like a game that should have released 2 or 3 years ago when Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Avengers: Infinity War were on everyone's TV screens. Game doesn't look bad, but doesn't look good either. The most horrible sin however is that Deus-Ex is still in the backburner for these stupid licensed Marvel games.

The timing doesn’t really matter, but people would be way hyped for this if Avengers wasn’t dogshit.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
Coming to Switch too so that’s where I’ll get it off the road! 🙌🏾

Please be as good as Avengers. And yes I loved Avengers and all the content coming!
The fact that it can run on switch not a concern to anyone on the scope of the game?
What year do we live in? Did Witcher 3 not arrive on Switch? Was the scope of that game compromised (since that’s where you are taking that statement)?

Last edited:

blackjon24

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is a game about family, rad tunes, and saving the galaxy. In this exclusive interview, we sat down with the game's Senior Gameplay Director to discuss the gameplay systems in Guardians, the design of the Guardian Request System that allows players to wield the powers of the Guardians of the Galaxy while playing as Star-Lord, and more.

Top Bottom