• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess Atlus USA's next game reveal

Eusis

Maybe it's like that Ghostlight announcement and that other factors got in the way of timing.

... Maybe this is the same game Ghostlight's hinting at? Though I didn't follow all the hints, just the "this has had entries in Europe" and "takes place in an alternative history", but then one of them's supposed to be wrong anyway.

cj_iwakura

Maybe it's like that Ghostlight announcement and that other factors got in the way of timing.

... Maybe this is the same game Ghostlight's hinting at? Though I didn't follow all the things, just the "this has had entries in Europe" and "takes place in an alternative history", but then one of them's supposed to be wrong anyway.

Someone at the Atlus MB said it was supposed to be the week of the first, but that sure never happened. I guess Devil Survivor 2 takes priority.
(Which I'm quite excited for, but not as much as this.)

7threst

... Maybe this is the same game Ghostlight's hinting at?

That's what I was thinking too. But to me it seemed like a stretch. I still think Ghostlight is going to announce Gungnir.

cj_iwakura

Where's my Growlanser, Atlus?

I'm still believing but I expect some explanation >.>

Don't think we're not pressuring them at their message board.

For all the nothing it does.

I think they're waiting until Devil Survivor 2 comes out, but I hope to be proven wrong.

Well, they only said 2012, so they've got 11+ months to get the next hint out. :/

I'm still wondering where we'd be hint wise if Gungnir didn't get prematurely spoiled.

Eusis

Well, they only said 2012, so they've got 11+ months to get the next hint out. :/

I'm still wondering where we'd be hint wise if Gungnir didn't get prematurely spoiled.
Assuming it wasn't intended. This has happened so many times with Atlus I kind of expect they recognize the behavior of retailers and, at worst, had a contingency plan for whenever it was leaked. That, and didn't it pop up on Amazon the same day?

cj_iwakura

Assuming it wasn't intended. This has happened so many times with Atlus I kind of expect they recognize the behavior of retailers and, at worst, had a contingency plan for whenever it was leaked. That, and didn't it pop up on Amazon the same day?

Almost positive it was planned, unless they have one crack-shoot photoshop team.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can we not bump this until we get more news? I hate the "where is the announcement" type posts. We continue to sit and wait.

SOME people won't play with me till it happens, so yeah I want that too!

Patience please, you'll see enough of my shirtless Benimaru soon enough.

Just show me that Persona 5, playa.

We've been over this...

We won't get that until we get a few more Persona 3 and 4 ports and crossover fighting games.

Not to mention whatever Kazuma Kaneko & co. has been working on other than P2 EP on PSP or PS Vita.

TEJ

I'm tired of all this focus on Persona. I want them to make a SMT4, or SMT5 if you consider smt sj to be smt 4.

However i'd settle for a port/remake/whatever of smtn for the 3DS/Vita :)

Eusis

I almost wonder if SCEA rejected Grow1 anyway, the game didn't look as good as I thought it would've when I searched on Youtube, and while that wouldn't stop me from playing it COULD make SCEA decided it's too subpar to be a retail release. Grow IV being a decent enough looking 2D game would probably help its case though.

cj_iwakura

I almost wonder if SCEA rejected Grow1 anyway, the game didn't look as good as I thought it would've when I searched on Youtube, and while that wouldn't stop me from playing it COULD make SCEA decided it's too subpar to be a retail release. Grow IV being a decent enough looking 2D game would probably help its case though.

More that SCEA don't care about that anymore. The flood gates are open.

And I mean Growlanser of any kind, I or IV. I'm not particular anymore.

Eusis

More that SCEA don't care about that anymore. The flood gates are open.

And I mean Growlanser of any kind, I or IV. I'm not particular anymore.
I had forgotten about that... but Grow1 WAS released in 2009, when they probably still cared. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried, failed, and when the time came that they could go at it again they decided to go for the newer title. Or it was THAT reason Atlus skipped in the first place with no SCEA involvement, who knows. It does seem either way that GrowIV is an easier sale beyond the fact it's the more recent release.

cj_iwakura

I doubt Atlus even looked at Growlanser when it was released. Especially after V bombed.

It was announced at the same time Persona 1 was, so even though I was optimistic, the two being simultaneous left me pretty certain it wasn't happening.

Vamphuntr

... I mean they are letting NIS publish games on PSP so there shouldn't be any issue on that front.

Volcynika said:
Anger and a lack of patience will win! How can they lose?!?!

Well I already have I on psone and IV on PS2 so patience is not really a problem. Anyway, I'm not the one that started a terrible guess our next game reveal and stopped posting clues. According to posters here, the clue was supposed to be posted last week so fans are not responsible for the uproar.

I guess Atlus is busy cutting features from Devil Survivor 2 :p so we should hear from them soon. I just opened my copy of P2 IS last week and I noticed you can't create quests at the theater?

cj_iwakura

... I mean they are letting NIS publish games on PSP so there shouldn't be any issue on that front.

Well I already have I on psone and IV on PS2 so patience is not really a problem. Anyway, I'm not the one that started a terrible guess our next game reveal and stopped posting clues. According to posters here, the clue was supposed to be posted last week so fans are not responsible for the uproar.

I guess Atlus is busy cutting features from Devil Survivor 2 :p so we should hear from them soon. I just opened my copy of P2 IS last week and I noticed you can't create quests at the theater?

I originally thought it was due to laziness, but that may not be the case.

Someone at GameFAQs claims:

Because it was essentially broken by the rest of the localization. It was highly dependant on the original dialog system, when it was reprogrammed to handle english text it broke the quest creation system.

Vamphuntr

It was pretty dumb to hate Atlus USA for the quest thing, anyway, since Atlus Japan does the programming.

But it's okay to hate them for choosing terrible fonts? :p

Oh and the voice acting in the US version of P2 IS is really atrocious. The localization is great but the voices are really bad. Maya's voice is terrible and Sasaki's (the manager of the idols) voice made me roll on the floor laughing.

Aeana

But it's okay to hate them for choosing terrible fonts? :p

Yes, because they do choose those. Nich has talked about it before!! And Nich even designed the font in the NA version of Etrian Odyssey. (I'm sorry for hurting your feelings with that one, man. :()

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
VqvGx.png

"cause i totally woulda fucked you otherwise"

Eusis

NIS games, internally developed ones anyway, have larger and colorful/decently detailed sprites. When the viewpoint's far enough away in Grow1 they bear more of a resemblance to the GBA Fire Emblem map sprites, and that may be harder to sell on the PSP, whether to SCEA in 2009 or to consumers period.

Eusis

That's more of a stylistic choice though, same with Half Minute Hero. It's possible SCEA doesn't discriminate, but I wouldn't be surprised if they recognized the difference. Not that we'll know for sure at any rate, GrowV tanking's probably enough justification anyway with IV being long enough after its release.

Top Bottom