• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Guide] Reporting Blizzard to the Better Business Bureau (Easy steps+links)

Christ. I feel for the BBB at times like these, when they have to feign sympathy and respond nicely, when what they really want to say is "are you fucking kidding me?".

kenta

Has no PEINS
Complaining to the BBB about Blizzard would accomplish just about as much as complaining to Jerry's Donut Shop about Blizzard. They're not in any way associated with the government, have no authority over anyone, and their standard business practice is to remove complaints against a company if the company pays to be a member. So yeah, your time is better spent elsewhere

chiablo

People are seriously reporting Bioware and Blizzard to the BBB for such a petty thing?

1eawK.png

I like how everyone is dismissing these complaints, but if it was a beta for Mass Effect or some Capcom fighter GAF would be losing their collective shit.

I like how everyone is dismissing these complaints, but if it was a beta for Mass Effect or some Capcom fighter GAF would be losing their collective shit.

I got the annual pass the second it was announced, have been a subscriber since wow vanilla launch and haven't gotten in and yet i still think these complaints are pants on head retarded.

chiablo

Didn't the exact same thing happen with the Starcraft II beta? Blizcon attendees got SC2 beta codes and they didn't get access until the very end of the beta.

Fool me once, shame on Blizzard, fool me twice, shame on the Blizzard customer.

Scirrocco

Didn't the exact same thing happen with the Starcraft II beta? Blizcon attendees got SC2 beta codes and they didn't get access until the very end of the beta.

Fool me once, shame on Blizzard, fool me twice, shame on the Blizzard customer.

It happens a lot of times with a lot of different companies. The funniest was probably Cryptic. Buy a life time subscription to champions online (over $200), get access to the Star trek online beta! And people did get access... about two weeks before the game launched.

They really need to stop making beta access an incentive out of beta access. That way, games actually get tested, instead of briefly previewed by people who feel they are there as a reward rather then obligated to make the game better. They make more money out of the gate by getting people in on these schemes, but in the long run, it makes games, especially mmos, worse off.

It happens a lot of times with a lot of different companies. The funniest was probably Cryptic. Buy a life time subscription to champions online (over $200), get access to the Star trek online beta! And people did get access... about two weeks before the game launched.

They really need to stop making beta access an incentive out of beta access. That way, games actually get tested, instead of briefly previewed by people who feel they are there as a reward rather then obligated to make the game better. They make more money out of the gate by getting people in on these schemes, but in the long run, it makes games, especially mmos, worse off.

I still remember people buying lifetime subs to hellgate london and then the game got taken down like 5 months later.

Christ. I feel for the BBB at times like these, when they have to feign sympathy and respond nicely, when what they really want to say is "are you fucking kidding me?".

Why would they care? This is what the BBB do, and then they get companies like Blizzard to pay them a fee that basically screens the complaints so that most dissapear. BBB is a racket used to squeeze money out of companies. Someone complains about your company, the BBB calls the company to discuss "options" which all involve paying the BBB to treat you as a certified member of theirs that gets protection from the complaints. You don't pay the BBB, and they freely post up the complaints and lower your company's rating in their system.

I hate when people abuse the BBB.

That's all it's used for, any whiney person can post a complaint to the BBB, make up any story, and they will post it while they make money off the whole thing. BBB has nothing to do with the government or have any power, it's a private institution.

Lothars

No I think it's the fact that this is a stupid thing to go to the BB for because they are still guarenteed beta access and it's barely been out.

Blizzards wording should have been better but as long as they are still given access to the beta, it shouldn't matter one way or another.

I still remember people buying lifetime subs to hellgate london and then the game got taken down like 5 months later.
Yeah that was me, I am still pissed about that.

No I think it's the fact that this is a stupid thing to go to the BB for because they are still guarenteed beta access and it's barely been out.

Blizzards wording should have been better but as long as they are still given access to the beta, it shouldn't matter one way or another.

Yeah that was me, I am still pissed about that.

I bought the collectors edition but luckily didn't bite on the lifetime sub, feel for you though.

Draxal

Blizzard handled this poorly, since by now they should of known the community would react like this.

I am just waiting for the apolog...non apology post by Ray Matus... Mike Morhaime post in the next couple of weeks.

sazzy

hmm...

I did not buy whatever pass thing people are talking aboutI was ressurected by a friend, I did not play heavily since 2007, I only paid for a single month after my 7 day trial, and even then, I am letting that expire as I feel like I do not enjoy the current state of the game.

The site the email is directing me too is the blizzard site and account management. Before I click it, I would like to know if it possible to get a beta invite if you are not a pass holder, I do not want to get into anything shady. The MOP beta icon is showing up on my account management.

If this is a real invite, then its wasted. Im sorry, but I do not feel like testing the next xpac.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4247125309

Friend of mine in guild who used a SoR on his old account that hasn't even used up its full 7 days of game time has gotten a MoP beta invite.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4246995514

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm so angry that I plan to resubscribe to my long dormant account JUST to cancel immediately! Those brutes deserve no less!

V_Arnold

Where is V_Arnold? He's bound to have a good spin on this lol.

And by the powah of Zlatko, I am here, summoned!

..whatever. Not a good move by Blizzard.
On the other hand, I am sure they cannot instantly switch on a beta for 1 million people.

My stance on this will be determined whether ALL Annual pass buyers will get in within the next four weeks OR within the next three months.

If everyone gets in within one month's time, then I am okay with this. If not, then I am not.
But whether it is a small delay or not, they should not have advertised the feature with it*

*We bought it anyways, because of the nice way of getting a free D3, not because MoP beta access. :D

zlatko

Banned
And by the powah of Zlatko, I am here, summoned!

..whatever. Not a good move by Blizzard.
On the other hand, I am sure they cannot instantly switch on a beta for 1 million people.

My stance on this will be determined whether ALL Annual pass buyers will get in within the next four weeks OR within the next three months.

If everyone gets in within one month's time, then I am okay with this. If not, then I am not.
But whether it is a small delay or not, they should not have advertised the feature with it*

*We bought it anyways, because of the nice way of getting a free D3, not because MoP beta access. :D

The only part I'm not feeling in this post is the "switch for 1 million." They were clearly tracking how many people they had going into it, and at this point they've dealt with multiple moments where they have to open gates for so many users at one time with expansions.

I would have just tried to section it out on how to do the 1 million bit by bit via saying at 5AM people in this region can start, at 9PM this region can start, etc, so the initial flood is only 100-200,000 at most at once. This is perfectly manageable given Blizzard's track record like mentioned earlier with launching their expansions. Yeah there are some hiccups when they do launch anything, but it's better to do that, then go with the route they did here to get egg on their face.

D3 <3 Can't effing wait.

Thoraxes

It's almost like everybody never reads the terms of service that they agreed to when they signed up for the service.

But you wouldn't not read a legal contract you signed in exchange for a service, would you? I know how much people love reading those.
Is this serious? Hasn't the beta only been live for like a day? REALLY people.

Tell me this isn't serious.
Only just a little over 12 whole hours it's been up.

-Provide immediate beta access to Mists of Pandaria
Which wasn't what was advertised, nor the wording that was used. You are guaranteed access when it goes up, not the instant it occurs, which means as long as it's up and for the duration of it, you'll get in. Now if you never get beta access ever, then there's a problem.

As someone primarily signed up for D3 only, and got included in the first wave of MoP invites, I still sympathize.

I understand why Blizzard can't include everybody immediately, but they shouldn't have promised something like that to begin with if they knew they wouldn't be able to accommodate it." Guaranteed Access to the beta when it goes live", pretty blatantly implies day one access or close to it. Saying anything else is simply being disingenuous.

Though expecting a day one invite for a million people is unrealistic. If everyone doesn't have their invite a week or two from now, I think people start to have a basis to complain on.

The right thing for Blizzard to do is allow anyone who doesn't have their invites after a week or two to drop their Annual Pass, but give up any of the perks that it would have given.

I really doubt they would get very many takers.

sazzy

As someone primarily signed up for D3 only, and got included in the first wave of MoP invites, I still sympathize.

I understand why Blizzard can't include everybody immediately, but they shouldn't have promised something like that to begin with if they knew they wouldn't be able to accommodate it." Guaranteed Access to the beta when it goes live", pretty blatantly implies day one access or close to it. Saying anything else is simply being disingenuous.

Though expecting a day one invite for a million people is unrealistic. If everyone doesn't have their invite a week or two from now, I think people start to have a basis to complain on.

The right thing for Blizzard to do is allow anyone who doesn't have their invites after a week or two to drop their Annual Pass, but give up any of the perks that it would have given.

I really doubt they would get very many takers.

good post

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I'll say this about the annual pass:

I read a post where someone's kid got in (younger account, subscription lapses, less time played, bought the annual pass later) and he hasn't yet.

In a few weeks or a month if I see a lot of discrepancies like that reported and I'm not in yet, I'll probably be mad (How long you've been active and the date you signed up are the two known factors). They had to write a filter system or whatever, so some hypothetical wrong parses right now aren't a big deal.

Fair is fair, yanno. I'm all about fair-ness. But that's a while away and it's undisputed that all 1million cannot be invited day 1.

But freaking out in under 24 hours is crazy.

forrest

formerly nacire
Put your money where your mouth is. Cancel your WoW subscriptions and Diablo 3 preorders.

I'm currently waiting to get into the MoP beta just like the rest of the Annual Pass participants. I read the stipulations of the Annual Pass and I wasn't expecting to get in within the first 24 hours of it starting. I think anyone who expecting anything else is being a bit delusional and overreacting. Be patient, your turn will come just like the thousands of other people who aren't in at the moment, but are guaranteed beta access via the Annual Pass.

This thread and the existence of this guide just reinforce my experience that no one singular group of fans hates, complains about, and disagrees with one another more than Blizzard fans.

Sophia

Entitled generation? Or entitledest generation?

Believe it or not, some of us actually had to pay for this. The Annual pass removes most subscription methods, including my preferred one of tacking it on the phone bill.

Just because you've let corporations shit all over you your entire life, doesn't mean we will.

i thought the main stipulation of the annual pass was diablo iii, personally :p

The copy of D3 always struck me as the worst part of the deal, considering it won't come with pre-order or CE bonuses.

And talk about first world problems, man. MMO-Champ forum debris should never be taken seriously by anybody. Ever.

Being promised something, then having it changed after you pay, and being upset about it makes us entitled? Stop defending bullshit.

Can you find for me the part of the promise that says every AP holder would get in during the first wave of invites?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Please realize that GAF, and the Internet, is not some single entity for you to bash when it's convenient. It's a large group of very different individuals. That's why you'll find lots of people defending both sides of this issue, just like you would find lots of people taking both sides if a similar thing happened like in your examples of a Mass Effect beta or Capcom fighter thing.

Different people have different opinions, but they are all a part of GAF, just like you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Being promised something, then having it changed after you pay, and being upset about it makes us entitled? Stop defending bullshit.

We were promised beta access and the beta just started less than 24 hours ago and betas always have multiple waves. Give it time before you get your invite. Some of you are so damn impatient.

Rokam

Minimum purchase amount necessary to qualify for the DIABLO III OFFER does not include tax. No adjustments will be made on prior sales. Blizzard Entertainment accepts no responsibility for registrations which, due to a technical error or any other reason, are not delivered or which are delayed. LIMIT ONE FREE STANDARD EDITION OF THE DIABLO III PRODUCT AND ONE OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BETA TEST FOR THE NEXT WORLD OF WARCRAFT EXPANSION PER BATTLE.NET ACCOUNT. Eligible participants who have multiple World of Warcraft licenses associated with the participant&#8217;s Battle.net Account may participate in the offer for more than one of their World of Warcraft licenses and will receive one (1) Diablo III license that will be added to their Battle.net Account, one (1) opportunity to participate in the beta test for the next World of Warcraft expansion, and a World of Warcraft in-game mount for each World of Warcraft license that the participant has associated with their participation in the offer. No substitutions or cash equivalents. Offer subject to change without notice. No delay or omission by Blizzard Entertainment in exercising or enforcing any right or remedy contained in this offer shall operate as a waiver thereof or of any other legal right or remedy available to Blizzard Entertainment. This offer is only valid through the Battle.net online gaming platform, located at www.battle.net.

Reading is fun. This from the Terms of Use not the FAQ.

Risible

People throw the word "entitled" around far too easily now.

Disclaimer: I don't play WoW. However, if I signed up for something and one of the things promised to me was access to a beta "when it goes live" and then the day before it goes live the company changes the terms on their site to read "beta access granted in waves" you better believe I'm calling bait-and-switch.

That's just plain shitty. Why people would defend Blizzard is beyond me.

Top Bottom