• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 Press Beta [Prepurchase Is Live]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

:/

Even with all the shitty low quality videos you can tell the animations look really great. They all look super fluid.

Movement looks a little floaty... remind of me Uncharted 1.

I know it's way to early to know but I do hope 2 580gtxs is enough to run this max settings at 60FPS.

Lol, don't worry about it.

Jira

They mentioned in the Gamebreaker stream that stuff like Tequatl/The Shatterer and the like are indeed nerfed in demos at conventions and will take real strategy to take them down.

Jira

People told me the same shit about Old Republic. :/

I know Bioware blows and choose the worst possible engine for their game.

ANet has had 12 years of experience with this engine, their CEO created and wrote Battle.net and the Warcraft 3 engine. Besides, the game isn't tech heavy at all and it's all art that makes it look so good. Also, the renderer is currently in DX9, they've said they're working on getting all of the low end hardware stuff out of the way first and then will work on high end optimization. So people with DX9 cards can play, while DX10 cards and such will see improvements, but it's not required.

nataku

Regina Buenaobra said:
Hey guys, you’ve probably seen that we’re taking sign-ups for a chance to be in the GW2 beta. https://beta.guildwars2.com/
One of the things we need to test is World vs. World, a massive PvP format where hundreds of players fight each other in three-way battles against other shards.
We need tens of thousands of people to test this!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/q3glu/ama_on_guild_wars_2_world_vs_world_tomorrow_8am/

Wonder how many applied.

Ashodin

oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit, that means for SURE beta is the weekend after next, they need people quick to stress test the servers for WvW, the press numbers weren't enough!

Jira

oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit, that means for SURE beta is the weekend after next, they need people quick to stress test the servers for WvW, the press numbers weren't enough!

Yeah, I've known for a long time the main focus for their public beta testing was WvW and server stress testing and general tweaking/bugs.

Helmholtz

I have a question. If I chose to represent a small guild, say of ~10 people, would we be screwed in terms of gaining enough influence to purchase upgrades for our guild?

Jira

I have a question. If I chose to represent a small guild, say of ~10 people, would we be screwed in terms of gaining enough influence to purchase upgrades for our guild?

Nah, theoretically you just wouldn't gain stuff as fast as larger guilds. If it's setup anything like WoW's guild XP, a dedicated few is more beneficial than a bunch of undedicated players who are unable to get things done.

My WoW guild in Cataclysm was about 7 or so people and we were able to gain more XP than guilds over 10x our size.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Nobody responded to my logo... :(

Oh well, maybe I need to go back to the drawing board!

Yeah, even though with "Guardian" you didn't intend it to indicate the profession, there's still too much of a connection that can be easily made. We need a different word.

Helmholtz

Nah, theoretically you just wouldn't gain stuff as fast as larger guilds. If it's setup anything like WoW's guild XP, a dedicated few is more beneficial than a bunch of undedicated players who are unable to get things done.

My WoW guild in Cataclysm was about 7 or so people and we were able to gain more XP than guilds over 10x our size.
I'll prob just make the GAF guild my represented one and keep it that way for as long as it's active

Ashodin

Yeah, even though with "Guardian" you didn't intend it to indicate the profession, there's still too much of a connect that can be easily made. We need a different word.

I guess "Guild Assault Force" is the best choice.

Unless someone comes up with a better G word.

Tankman

I've been waiting for this game since its been announced, but damn I'm happy it isnt coming out until at least the semester ends.

Teknoman

Really hope I get into the beta. Played the original for quite some time, but couldnt really participate in battles since I was stuck with 56k.

Ferny

So spoke to Jira and he's going to help head up the official GAF GW2 guild.

Edit: Website scratched...we're going to do a dedicated thread in community for guild related discussion.

Ashodin

So spoke to Jira and he's going to help head up the official GAF GW2 guild. What I was thinking was setup something like Czar had setup for SWTOR where we had an external small site where we could setup guild events and things of that nature to not clog up the OT when it is made. Also, since there will be some sub-GAF guilds that have been talked about on here, i'll add a little section so they can also use it for the same reasons. I think Maxrpg said he was making his own sort of GAF guild I think.

Site isn't quite done and it'll be pretty basic at first but once it is up, we'll use it to start gauging how many people are interested in joining by doing signups there or here in PMs to either Jira or myself just so there arn't a bunch of "I'm in" posts when we should be posting cool videos and puns (looking at you Retro) so just wanted to update everyone real quick on that.

Oh, really? Well that's disheartening.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So spoke to Jira and he's going to help head up the official GAF GW2 guild. What I was thinking was setup something like Czar had setup for SWTOR where we had an external small site where we could setup guild events and things of that nature to not clog up the OT when it is made. Also, since there will be some sub-GAF guilds that have been talked about on here, i'll add a little section so they can also use it for the same reasons. I think Maxrpg said he was making his own sort of GAF guild I think.

Site isn't quite done and it'll be pretty basic at first but once it is up, we'll use it to start gauging how many people are interested in joining by doing signups there or here in PMs to either Jira or myself just so there arn't a bunch of "I'm in" posts when we should be posting cool videos and puns (looking at you Retro) so just wanted to update everyone real quick on that.

I'm interested in doing this.

Helmholtz

No offense, but I don't like the website idea. I'd prefer a dedicated thread in the community forum since this is a guild whose home base is neogaf.

Wallach

No offense, but I don't like the website idea. I'd prefer a dedicated thread in the community forum since this is a guild whose home base is neogaf.

Yeah, why do we need a website? We have one. We're on it, and we all can easily contact each other here already.

Ferny

Yeah, why do we need a website? We have one. We're on it, and we all can easily contact each other here already.

It wasn't so much like an end all be all website for everything related to the guild but I honestly didn't even think of the thread in community which is a better idea anyhow.

So what we'll do is just start a thread in community and we'll do signups and all that cool guild stuff there. Helmholtz = genius

Trey

GAF

Good Ass Food

Geeks and Freaks

Great Ascot, Freddy

Good At Frisbee

Great Aunt Fredonia

Grade-A Fighters

Getting A Ferret

Go Away, Fool

God Ain't Fair

Grand Ascalon Faithful

nataku

I have a feeling ArenaNet might be offering some guild community features through a new GW2 website anyway come launch.

Wallach

It wasn't so much like an end all be all website for everything related to the guild but I honestly didn't even think of the thread in community which is a better idea anyhow.

So what we'll do is just start a thread in community and we'll do signups and all that cool guild stuff there. Helmholtz = genius

Word. I guess it's probably still months away from being important anyway.

Ferny

It's disheartening because I was thinking I was a part of the official guild, not a subsect of it.

Only reason I brought up having a subsect of it was because in the other thread, you said you were starting your own GAF guild for people who wanted to play late at night. Was that not you? Sorry if i'm confused.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

whats the name.

Helmholtz

Glad you like my suggestion :p
You can just update the OP of the thread with all the up to date guild info/events, and discussion can take place in the subsequent posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom