• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I buy GW2 from the Green Man Gaming prepurchase will I get the beta registration code right away? And will the game be tied to my Anet account when it comes out so I can redl the client forever like I could with GW1 and not use GMG shit?

bounchfx

Get on my level.

8Xtey.jpg

I can't freakin' wait for GW2. Goodbye, social life.

dude they should give you a free account.

Complistic

If I buy GW2 from the Green Man Gaming prepurchase will I get the beta registration code right away? And will the game be tied to my Anet account when it comes out so I can redl the client forever like I could with GW1 and not use GMG shit?

I don't think GMG is doing pre purchase. Pretty sure Anets only allowing certain retailers to offer it.

Yeah, I got a code right away at checkout and made an account on the GW2 site.

Complistic

I thought my almost 1200 hours was way too many. Dammmn. Really the only portion of the game I never really got into was guild vs guild and that endgame nightfall stuff.

Dusky

Damn, 67 months?

You have my respect.

I know a lot of my hours were spent AFKing for tickets or hats, I'm sure that's probably the case with you too?

Yeah AFKing does add to it a bit, although not for hats and tickets lol...

gw080.jpg

GW had some great times, it's still one of the most refreshing online games iv played, can't wait to finally get my hands on GW2 XD

Trey

almost over 9000 o_O

Over 83 months, which is a little less than 7 years. So for almost one-seventh of the time since account creation was s/he logged in at the very least. I don't think I've spent a seventh of my time on anything besides sleeping.

I wonder if there are any ten thousand hour play time folks out there.

Dusky

Over 83 months, which is a little less than 7 years. So for almost one-seventh of the time since account creation was s/he logged in at the very least.

I wonder if there are any ten thousand hour play time folks out there.

I have a mate in my guild who's clocked in at 11k.

If Koreans still played today then there numbers would be quite something.

Also the guy who claimed the first r15 used to average 8 hours a day or something ridiculous, so yeah there are quite a few out there I imagine.

Jira

Trying to get into GW1 but the game is so laggy for us Australians. :( I'm getting constant ~350ms.

That ping you see isn't indicative of your actual ping. I get 150-200 and I'm 2 states away from the servers and I don't have any latency issues when at that point you'd start to see a 1-1.5 sec delay in other games.

Midou

I played a bit when it first came out, but right now it's like 150 hours across 3 characters (2 PvE, 1 PvP) and 19/50 HoM.

Arksy

That ping you see isn't indicative of your actual ping. I get 150-200 and I'm 2 states away from the servers and I don't have any latency issues when at that point you'd start to see a 1-1.5 sec delay in other games.

It's not uncommon to get rubberbanding even in instanced zones. I would be walking through a field and suddenly about 5 mobs appear on me and kill me.

CaLe

Hey guys, quick question...

I preordered the game about a week ago and haven't received any news from them... Nothing.

Is that normal.. ? Will we hear from them closer to the public beta only...?

ShaneB

My goodness, seeing all these "time played" shots is bringing back bad memories. I guess it's the one fear I do have of returning to an MMO. I definitely do have an addictive personality, and when I played WoW, I really fell apart.

I know GW2 is doing a lot of things to avoid the need of feeling like it's a constant race and the need to always play, so that is a good thing, but ugh, when I think of all the time I spent playing WoW, man it makes my brain hurt :( I guess it's easy to justify it by saying well I'd just be spending the same time playing other games, and that may be true, but it's the addiction factor that worries me, but I think it won't be as such a major issue with GW2, given how things are structured much differently.

Jira

I preordered the game about a week ago and haven't received any news from them... Nothing.

We'll get the client Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

CaLe

They'll probably send the client link to the email you registered your account with.

I meant using which credentials. I don't remember entering any when I purchased the game...

If I did, I forgot them :)

Hopefully there's a way to recover them...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I'm not sure, but Jira might not be understanding you...

Did you get a key, register your account, etc?

Did you prepurchase or just preorder?

The beta weekend starts a week from today.

Jira

I meant using which credentials. I don't remember entering any when I purchased the game...

If I did, I forgot them :)

Hopefully there's a way to recover them...

Oh, yeah sorry I wasn't too sure what you were referring to. That's odd that you didn't create an account. Did you get an email from ANet saying thanks for registering or anything? Where did you get the game and did you pre-order or pre-purchase?

CaLe

Yep sorry guys, I did pre-order, create an account and enter the key.

My bad, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks to 1Password, I was able to remember what my credentials were :)

Next week can't come soon enough !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom