• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator will be released for PC on December 14

Yeah. Users that own Sign get an additional 10% off, that I'm assuming will persist after the 10% launch bonus ends.

So right now Sign owners are getting 20% If you don't own Sign you have to pay about 5 dollars more.

2i0cFat.png

That's why I included the cost of the game for 20 dollars + DLC characters for comparison

You're right. But it's only those two I believe. So you'd subtract 5.49 from my Deluxe equivalent total, and 2.49 from the cost of the base game + characters.(Making them 78.93 and 35.97)

Not trying to put words in anyone's mouth. That's just my honest assessment of the arguments people are making.

If you don't think it's worth it that's fine. Ultimately that's up to each individual user. I'm just challenging the idea that games are intrinsically worth less/less valuable because of reasons like "late port"

Using an extra 10% for owning a previous game isn't fair when that's not a requirement on PS4 at all so that's pretty dishonest when claiming it's an apples to apples comparison. Even the 10% is bad when they got free characters and color pack so unless you compare 10% off to free characters and other DLC then your comparison is just imaginary.

Using an extra 10% for owning a previous game isn't fair when that's not a requirement on PS4 at all so that's pretty dishonest when claiming it's an apples to apples comparison. Even the 10% is bad when they got free characters and color pack so unless you compare 10% off to free characters and other DLC then your comparison is just imaginary.

I was comparing the absolute best deal available at this moment in time on both platforms.

Even ignoring Sign, you're still able to buy the game at the same price PS4 users did at launch (58.49 vs 59.99) and get everything they did for free(characters and eclipse set) + everything they didn't.

I was comparing the absolute best deal available at this moment in time on both platforms.

Even ignoring Sign, you're still able to buy the game at the same price PS4 users did at launch (58.49 vs 59.99) and get everything they did for free(characters and eclipse set) + everything they didn't.

Which is a nonsense comparison when it won't apply to the vast majority of people.

petran79

Banned
If you don't think it's worth it that's fine. Ultimately that's up to each individual user. I'm just challenging the idea that games are intrinsically worth less/less valuable because of reasons like "late port", and also that PS4 users are getting a vastly better deal here.

But they have to pay extra to play online

Momentary

Banned
This pricing thing reminds me about people flipping their lids when DARIUSBURST was released. People refused to pay $50 for a shoot'em up. It's like they really wanted to play it, but didn't think a shmup was worth that kind of money. It was released at the same time as the PS4 and Vita versions. Some people don't feel like certain genres deserve to be released at the same price point as other genres.

Skilletor

This pricing thing reminds me about people flipping their lids when DARIUSBURST was released. People refused to pay $50 for a shoot'em up. It's like they really wanted to play it, but didn't think a shmup was worth that kind of money. It was released at the same time as the PS4 and Vita versions. Some people don't feel like certain genres deserve to be released at the same price point as other genres.

Framing this as a problem with the genre and not ASWs release timing and update model misses the point, I think.

Again ASW is closing the gap and word is they are done with the yearly versions of the games.

I don't feel cheated by paying for the deluxe edition at all. I understand if people don't want to pay for it as it is cheaper on PS4. I would just rather support the fact that I want fighting games on PC the same day as consoles.

Then again I guess people will complain when this actually does happen and it's full price anyway :|

PS: People saying "Just buy it on PS4 instead." You do know that not everyone owns a PS4 or not everyone wants to own a PS4 right?

Thanks for the clear up, as the page doesnt make it apparent that you get all of revelators stuff just that it comes with sign + everything from sign and base version of revelator.

Just make sure you get the right one. There's a Deluxe Bundle and a Standard bundle.

The Deluxe comes with all the DLC. Standard comes with just the base game.

Kioshen

Well I've made the plunge and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I'm having trouble switching P and K from my muscle memory coming from a SF background and the game doesn't recognize my TE-Kitty modded stick properly as far as button layout goes so I had to readjust everything.

Going through the trials for Johnny right now and it's weird having to pace myself. I press the buttons too fast thinking the game goes faster than it appears really. I don't know why the opponent pops out of the dust trial combo though after having pressed D 3 times in a row. You need to start this chain really early if not the other character pops out. I'll have to experiment further.

petran79

Banned
Considering that only version of Guilty Gear on PC was Reload for over 10 years, including user patched online play, Revelator is a huge step.

Pejo

Gold Member
Damn the playerbase is non-existent in this game on PC. I really wish they could have worked out cross-play. I tried for 20 mins to find a single match of any connection strength, and the only ones search came up with were too weak to join.

I'm really enjoying the single player stuff though. I have like 5 characters left to run through arcade for the color 17 unlock, and I watched the entire story mode. It's a shame there weren't more action scenes, as the Slayer one was awesome.

Still, really in-depth for a fighting game story. I kinda miss the old GG story mode that actually let you fight during it, though.

Also, really excited to finally learn who "that man" was.

FACE

Banned
Damn the playerbase is non-existent in this game on PC. I really wish they could have worked out cross-play. I tried for 20 mins to find a single match of any connection strength, and the only ones search came up with were too weak to join.

I'm really enjoying the single player stuff though. I have like 5 characters left to run through arcade for the color 17 unlock, and I watched the entire story mode. It's a shame there weren't more action scenes, as the Slayer one was awesome.

Still, really in-depth for a fighting game story. I kinda miss the old GG story mode that actually let you fight during it, though.

Are you trying Ranked? Ranked is dead in any version of the game.

Silent_Z

I was just able to find player matches without issue a few minutes ago. The difference in quality between PS4 and PC netplay is nuts; 3-4 frames of delay in my match and I'm comboing nearly as well as I do on PS4.

If they did allow netplay between PC and PS4 users and the games performed the same as they currently do, PC players would wreck PS4 players for free due to the ~3f latency difference.

I was just able to find player matches without issue a few minutes ago. The difference in quality between PS4 and PC netplay is nuts; 3-4 frames of delay in my match and I'm comboing nearly as well as I do on PS4.

If they did allow netplay between PC and PS4 users and the games performed the same as they currently do, PC players would wreck PS4 players for free due to the ~3f latency difference.

How are you finding matches with no issues when there's like 10 people online every day

This is probably the most dead I've ever seen a game that came out recently. Can't say I'm surprised a late port of an anime fighting game flopped, but that's a whole nother level of flop.

Top Bottom