• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gun Gun Pixies launches September 6 in North America and Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun-Gun-Pixies_08-01-19.jpg

Story

The crazy Japanese third-person shooter and 3D platformer in one sends two tiny girls from outer space to earth, so that they can infiltrate a women’s college dormitory. Once arrived, the Pixies stealthily bustle about the regular sized girls’ towering legs and rooms to fulfil their mission: study human behaviour in order to help overcome the social issues of their beloved home planet!

Day One Edition

If we didn’t have you at “tiny girls from outer space infiltrate a women’s dormitory”, the Day One Edition of Gun Gun Pixies comes in a special Nintendo Switch collector’s box that includes the game and a high quality artbook! Countless concept drawings, gorgeous key artworks, all characters in alternative outfits and more make this goodie an indulgence for every manga/anime lover.

Last edited:
study human behaviour in order to help overcome the social issues of their beloved home planet!
That's a great plan, I wonder how that could fail since we have such a lovely society!
it says it in the OP: "study human behaviour in order to help overcome the social issues of their beloved home planet!"

This is an amazing plan!

and because somebody decided to do it and it was deemed as publishable material... is it the legs that bother you?

That being said, I would not buy it, but it annoys me much less than the bug and loot boxes/buy in game money type games that AAA publishers like to push on us lately (they upset me enough that not only do I avoid them, they more or less ruin the medium for me... I play older stuff, and games from publishers that have a track record of not abusing their clients).

Last edited:
As long as nothing being represented here can be viewed as underage then I see no problem here.

However if they can be then it's dodgy to say they least.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Well, being fictional is irrelevant I would argue if said representations are underage and encourages illegal sexual activity surely?
But they are not, so this is irrelevant. Any type of age is something that is being made up in the mind of the beholder so I would dare say that it is very telling if the first thing that comes to mind is "underage"

But they are not, so this is irrelevant. Any type of age is something that is being made up in the mind of the beholder so I would dare say that it is very telling if the first thing that comes to mind is "underage"

I'm talking very generally here.

Yes age is made up in the eye of the beholder but obviously if its an extremely suggestible representation so much that it's objectively seen as underage it's a bit unfair to lay all of the blame on the viewer.

There are so many of these types of games out there and some of them pass as whatever, but some of them are extremely problematic imo.

I just don't think these types of games are all purely innocent. Why even make a game with suggestible under age female representation in the first place?

A lot of these developers are Japanese, and with the culture over there of extreme male (often older men) fandom of Japanese female pop groups, whom commonly dress up in school uniforms and are very much not allowed to publicly be in relationships, then it's not a surprise why we have these games. Japanese sexualistion of young woman is highly prelevant and its not particularly something I think should be coming to the West. These types of games only serve to make that issue more acceptable and main stream and a discussion needs to be had about it. Imo.

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

Wishlisted. I love colorful, nonsensical off the wall shit like this and Senran Kagura (different types of games, I know). As for "getting off/aroused" from them, well I don't know or understand that since they are animated cartoons that do nothing for me, but I guess different strokes for different folks as they say.

Whitesnake

Banned
I'm talking very generally here.

Yes age is made up in the eye of the beholder but obviously if its an extremely suggestible representation so much that it's objectively seen as underage it's a bit unfair to lay all of the blame on the viewer.

There are so many of these types of games out there and some of them pass as whatever, but some of them are extremely problematic imo.

I just don't think these types of games are all purely innocent. Why even make a game with suggestible under age female representation in the first place?

A lot of these developers are Japanese, and with the culture over there of extreme male (often older men) fandom of Japanese female pop groups, whom commonly dress up in school uniforms and are very much not allowed to publicly be in relationships, then it's not a surprise why we have these games. Japanese sexualistion of young woman is highly prelevant and its not particularly something I think should be coming to the West. These types of games only serve to make that issue more acceptable and main stream and a discussion needs to be had about it. Imo.

The artstyle is such that you cannot determine their age from appearance. Unless you believe that IRL underage girls look exactly like moe anime characters.

You’re trying to find an insidiousness that isn’t there. It’s a silly game about being a tiny anime girl that shoots giant anime girls.

And I don’t know what you think this has to do with idols.

The artstyle is such that you cannot determine their age from appearance. Unless you believe that IRL underage girls look exactly like moe anime characters.

You’re trying to find an insidiousness that isn’t there. It’s a silly game about being a tiny anime girl that shoots giant anime girls.

And I don’t know what you think this has to do with idols.
And to add onto this, the moe anime characters are voiced by adult voice actors.

Well, being fictional is irrelevant I would argue if said representations are underage and encourages illegal sexual activity surely?

Do you get encouraged going out and shooting people in just about every FPS ever made? How about running people over or rob a bank or even steal a car in GTA? Do go out in the streets during night and pretend you're a vigilante fighting crime like Batman? If you have any temptations of what you play or no self control, then perhaps gaming isn't for you, or any kind of media for that matter. As far as I know the characters are over 18, didn't research because I'm not worried about it, the artistic choice to be drawn that way of "looking young" is a common anime trope "young in beautiful" and "old is ugly". Take this anime for example, she's milf probably in her 40's but doesn't look a day older than her 20's or younger. Just because someone looks like certain age or because someone enjoys playing a certain game, doesn't mean you should just jump to blind conclusions, there's a niche for everyone, don't be so naive.

sevoro

Do you get encouraged going out and shooting people in just about every FPS ever made? How about running people over or rob a bank or even steal a car in GTA? Do go out in the streets during night and pretend you're a vigilante fighting crime like Batman? If you have any temptations of what you play or no self control, then perhaps gaming isn't for you, or any kind of media for that matter. As far as I know the characters are over 18, didn't research because I'm not worried about it, the artistic choice to be drawn that way of "looking young" is a common anime trope "young in beautiful" and "old is ugly". Take this anime for example, she's milf probably in her 40's but doesn't look a day older than her 20's or younger. Just because someone looks like certain age or because someone enjoys playing a certain game, doesn't mean you should just jump to blind conclusions, there's a niche for everyone, don't be so naive.

I've always and still have thought that anyone willing to act on things they see in fiction are some of the dumbest mofo's in the world... Which is why it's always baffling to me when people make crusades against fictional media... It's not real.

I wonder how hard is it for people to dissociate reality and fiction. Sure fiction can make you feel things, sad, happy, anger, etc. But by no means should it influence what you do in the real world, especially if it's a heinous crime. To me these are the people who need some serious help.

I hear what you guys are saying, but I really don't think it's naive to suggest that content that shows girls at a very young age in a suggestive manner can be problematic?

I never said that any and all fiction leads people to behave badly, that's twisting my words. I am saying how ever that maybe, just maybe representions of young woman in these games might have nefarious undertones and we should ask why this type of gaming content is becoming more and more acceptable within society.

I did link the pop idol subject here because like it or not, that is largely made popular by older men obsessing over women who's very act is to perform and look young. There is absolutely a sexual element to that, and the fact is a large amount of these games come from Japan with that happening in society.

Yeah OK so that anime has a MILF in it, but why does she have to look so young? And also why do these games have to be so obsessed with sexualsing young woman?

brap

Banned
What the fuck?? What is this incel trash? Yes, I came into a thread to bitch about things I don't like. Problem?
*gets down on knees, looks up at the sky and shakes fist*
INNNNNNNNNCCCCCCEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLSSSS

I am saying how ever that maybe, just maybe representions of young woman in these games might have nefarious undertones and we should ask why this type of gaming content is becoming more and more acceptable within society.
I know that feeling. Tired of this satanic rocky roll music and this (c)rap where they say the n-word all the time. What in gee wilickers is going on?

And also why do these games have to be so obsessed with sexualsing young woman?
Go make a game about sexualizing old women then. Nobody likes wrinkly old women. Everybody likes young women.

Literally don't understand how I'm an incel because these types of games makes me want to ask questions and have a debate on video game imagery? Wtf?

I hear what you guys are saying, but I really don't think it's naive to suggest that content that shows girls at a very young age in a suggestive manner can be problematic?
Being unable to differentiate fiction from reality is more of a problem with the person than the work of media.

I never said that any and all fiction leads people to behave badly, that's twisting my words. I am saying how ever that maybe, just maybe representions of young woman in these games might have nefarious undertones and we should ask why this type of gaming content is becoming more and more acceptable within society.
Representation of young women or representation of young-looking women? Choose one because you went from "[the women] look a little young" to "young women".

And nefarious in what way? How were you able to discern the nefariousness of Gun Gun Pixies? What is your proof?

I did link the pop idol subject here because like it or not, that is largely made popular by older men obsessing over women who's very act is to perform and look young. There is absolutely a sexual element to that, and the fact is a large amount of these games come from Japan with that happening in society.
Real pop idols are real people. However, the characters in this game are not real people nor are they depicted realistically. You're not making much sense.

Yeah OK so that anime has a MILF in it, but why does she have to look so young? And also why do these games have to be so obsessed with sexualsing young woman?
Why are you conflating the appearance of being young to actually being physically young? Is looking young a crime to you? Why is this a big deal to you when the depiction of the female characters in this game is not done in realistic proportions or style? Does the game claim to depict its characters in a realistic way?

sevoro

The Raphtalia answered most of the things I was gonna address, but I will add this. The pop idol industry is messed the fuck up and should not be compared with fictional anime characters. You can see the direct negative effects of one, the other? Well it's up to the recipient of said fictional media.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Not sure why people are so uptight about this game, it’s a stupid game with fictional characters that I’m sure will have the appropriate rating.
I’m not a customer for these type of games but I’m not saying they shouldn’t be made.

Would you play if said game had women looking like this?

NxfEfrk.jpg

Looking young is beautiful and being beautiful sells games. You may have an old folk fetish, but that wont to sell any games, most people find younger more attractive, this applies to men too btw, it's called Yaoi. Face it, sex of all type sells anything period. It's a multi-billion dollar industry and Japan knows this and they're smart enough to bank on it, unlike the ultra sensitive cover your eyes Americans (I'm American, but I'm not proud of this fact). Smart on Japan, not so much on the clueless... 🙄

Snake_Plissken

Neo Member
I liked the previous game on vita. I cant understand the butthurt comments. Its a silly game, you take everything too serious

I imported the Vita version as well, and I thought it was a fun, quirky game. It was tough to play, though, as it was Japanese only (obviously). I'll probably pick up the English version so I can finally understand what's going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom