• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam SEED DESTINY sequel movie is finally revealed: Gundam SEED FREEDOM

The movie was pure entertainment. Total nonsense from plot perspective but it had so much Gundam fanservice and visuals to make up for it.

I kind of wish they'd done another full series or split it into several parts because it felt like everything was moving too fast for there to be any weight to the developments and a lot of characters felt shallow (esp on the "enemy" side).

Though probably not to the point of overuse, it still felt like there were a noticeable amount of flashbacks (How many times is Nicol going to die?).

I find it amusing how they basically turned Shinn from a rabid dog (in Destiny) to Kira's guard puppy. But I'm glad they were able to redeem his character in the movie.

Most crowd reactions at my theater came from scenes with Shinn being a dork or when civilians were getting obliterated (which were surprisingly brutal).

It was refreshing to see the characters piloting different MS than their usual ones. Buster and Duel in Meteors also awesome.

Looking forward to the home release, I definitely want to watch the movie again.

Overall, the movie seems to be well received by both fans and some former haters.

Given the obvious issues in the movie, I have to wonder if it's getting a free pass because recent Gundam installments have altered the standards (for better or worse). Or maybe this is the Gundam that people wanted all along.

It's the michael bay movie for seed fans. Just turn your brain off and enjoy the spectacles and fan service. It's entertaining but moment you use your brain, it's going to give your huge headache due to many plot holes and things left unexplained. It also suffers from pacing issues as the first half moves at a snail's pace due to all the cheesy drama, so it runs out of a time for a proper conclusion. It just ends with monologue over a quick montage.

I watched the subbed version but I read that the dub is horrible. They kept referring Lacus as "Lacoose" lol.

I watched the subbed version but I read that the dub is horrible. They kept referring Lacus as "Lacoose" lol.

Yeah, that's been a thing since the new dub for the SEED and DESTINY HD Remaster blurays came out. It took some getting used to.

Honestly I judged the new SEED dub on this scene alone and it passed lol. Rau's new dub VA sounded sinister from the beginning but never raised his voice until this scene.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I haven’t watched a Gundam show since seed originally came out, but I remember liking it a lot. I think I even remember the main guy’s name (Kira Yamato, right?)

This would probably be a fun blast from the past for me. I’m not a huge anime fan, but I always loved giant robots fighting.

Top Bottom