• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gust announces Atelier Sophie (PS3/PSV/PS4)

Atelier Sophie Synthesis Video

Well, I watched the crafting video Siliconera put up today. It seems that they've kept elements and made it so you increase the amount based on matching the pattern colour, square colour and glowing light in the centre. Placing an item upgrade the lights surrounding its pattern and locks in whatever it covers. As we already knew (I think) the same item type can have different patterns, and it seems the secondary properties are now more restricted, though we can select the one we want again. Reminds me of a combination between Arland and Dusk with this new pattern system.

All in all I'm still really interested in it. I'm unsure how I feel about having multilples of the same items feature different patterns, only because I'm unsure if the patterns items can have are random or fixed. I liked how Ayesha's end game crafting didn't feel dependant on getting lucky with Item pick ups. I ran into problems constantly in Arland of missing properties I needed on good items because RNG didn't feel like giving it to me, which made me have to jump through more hoops to get what I wanted. I guess what I want to say is more puzzle-like crafting and less RNG making me do more work.

Falk

that puzzling face
He's redrawn/redesigned, not surprising.

I'm actually leaning towards recurring character/cameo/stereotype like Hagel/Pamela now.

:'C

0275.jpg

So I just saw new Logy on Siiconera... I kind of really hate his redesign. What do you guys think?

So I just saw new Logy on Siiconera... I kind of really hate his redesign. What do you guys think?

I don't hate it, but everything I've seen of Sophie feels like a step down from the Dusk designs. Though since Logy's in it, does this make Sophie a Dusk game? Seems weird that this is a new series but still connected to the Dusk universe with everything that entails.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't hate it, but everything I've seen of Sophie feels like a step down from the Dusk designs. Though since Logy's in it, does this make Sophie a Dusk game? Seems weird that this is a new series but still connected to the Dusk universe with everything that entails.

Self-quoting thoughts

Edit: Some maths

Escha & Logy, Escha is 15, Logy is 18

Shallie takes place 6 (?) years after E&L

'Logy' in Sophie is 24

Either:
1) It's Logy and Sophie takes place concurrently with Shallie and for whatever reason Dusk isn't prevalent in whatever part of the world Sophie is in (and where Logy is from apparently)
2) Time travel
3) Logy is another Linca situation

My head hurts

4) it's just a cameo and he's the new Hagel

Top Bottom