Guy spent (still going) ~$3,000 on Steam Winter Sale Badges

Is such a thing even possible?

Kinda feels like Valve is taking advantage of this guy, but whatever. He's taking advantage of his own foolishness I guess.

Bboy AJ

My parents were murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's an infinitesimal amount of money to garner attention. He should sell advertisement space on his profile.

This guys steam level is so high that he probably gets a card dropping every other second or something giving him the money to buy more cards.

I wonder what the distribution of his items are.

For those that don't know everytime you level the badge up you get a: common, rare, ultra rare, <even more rare>, <even more rare> item. I imagine some of them sell for quite a lot.

This is some serious level of nerd dick wagging I'll never understand.

I mean, having a $900 video card at least offers something, but this... is a few pixels on a screen. :/

It's not like he's doing it for the fuck of it, if he gets that super rare TF2 item this could pay off big time. It's just gambling and 3000$ isn't much in that context.

Doesn't your drop rate increase with your steam level? At level 250 how many booster packs would he get a day? Must make some decent money selling cards. Not $3,000, but surely more than I do