• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gymnastics at the Olympics / Worlds |OT| Artistic, Rhythmic, & Trampoline

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

something is definitly fishy here.

As he dismounted, the german commentator said "This, ladies and gentleman is Cuba's first medal in this discipline, congrats!"..

...5th place

everyone was like "wtf???"
Yeah Cassina was saying that it should have been silver. Which would have been doubly good to wipe that smile from Nile Wilson's face.

Anyway with that gymnastics is over, pretty sad for me since it's the only event I really follow at the Olympics.

Yiazmat

Good one.

Lol this is nothing new. Aly's form is infamous. It is known.

Here's just some examples:

You need to point your feet everytime you're in the air (it's a 0.1 deduction if you don't). Here's Viktoria Komova doing a Tkachev on Bars:

kMNUWlY.jpg

Here's Aly doing the same skill: (her feet are flexed most of the time in any event)

eXKy4XG.jpg

And you're supposed to hit 180 degree split or more on your leaps. Here's Aly attempting a Ring Leap: (she took this out of her floor routine for a reason)

jQbssPB.jpg

Now here's what a real Ring Leap looks like: (the back foot cannot be below shoulder height on this skill)

e56NBAp.jpg

Bent legs is a deduction as well:

JgYZeeg.jpg

Xbxp5GN.jpg

And here's how a double arabian should look like: (legs together all-the-way)

5mXVVcc.gif

And Aly's double arabian:

ztQNnZS.jpg

LiK

Is there an archive for Sanne Weavers' beam final from yesterday? I can't find it in YouTube. NBC YT doesn't even have it even tho they have the US members' performances. Lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom