• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H. Jon Benjamin made a jazz piano album

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Link

H. Jon Benjamin, who does "not play piano at all" made a jazz piano album.The very, very funny comedian—and voice of every cartoon character in existence—is releasing Well, I Should Have…* on SubPop on Friday. “I’m not a huge fan of jazz—never was,” Benjamin says in “Jazz Daredevil,” the promo clip announcing the new album. “And that’s why I thought it would be funny to make a jazz album.”

Link to promo clip

Bossun

I love this guy. He has like this " cool, I don't care" vibe and always seems to move in his own world.

Heh, it's a great idea, but I wish it was released as a free EP rather than being sold as an actual album. Can't really see myself wanting to buy a joke album that just revolves around an actor who I like trying to play a piano.

Haha, pretty funny. I love jazz when I hear it and greatly respect all of the musicians. Probably some of the most complex music in teh world.

But when he was just banging on some of the notes, there were small moments that actually sounded like real jazz piano. I think the complexity of jazz sometimes loops back on itself and sounds like crazy, disconnected rhythms and melodies to an untrained ear. AKA ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom