• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting (Victorious Boxers) for PS3

Takao

Banned
img_teaser.png

Teaser (no gameplay): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pkm1y0yho
Site: http://ippo.bngames.net/

The “dramatic boxing action” game, due out in Japan on December 11 for 7,600 yen (8,208 yen with tax), will reproduce the series’ most famous scenes in fully voiced video. Furthermore, it appears the story goes beyond the original work’s.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/09/first-look-hajime-ippo-teaser-trailer#FsOmH24u9afpbQev.99

Announced in September for a December release? This one is going to be of premium quality ...

My brother is a die hard HNI fan and he has all the games including the related Boxer's Road games (which featured a former world ranker he used to train with). I hope XSeed can translate this for the western fans since they did the Wii game back in the day.

I wish this was more like the Victorious Road gameplay though. I really liked the representation of footwork and swaying. Although exaggerated, I thought it was a good representation of boxing.

Tangeroo

Looks good. What was the last Ippo game to jump the pond to the US? Victorious Boxers? I'd love for a US release but that's probably unlikely.

The Ippo GBA game is one of my favorite games. It's what Punch Out should have evolved into, instead of literally just being punch out again only with fancier graphics.

I wonder if this one will be any good

Genre: Dramatic Boxing ACT

That almost sounds like a CyberConnect game

Het_Nkik

Hm, I've only played the GBA game and that one was a little hard for me to get into since I was just a pair of boxing gloves. Also I played it before I had watched through the anime series so I didn't know who anyone was at the time.

Now that I HAVE watched the series and completely love it... definitely importing this. But how do these games normally play? I'm assuming they're not like the GBA game.

I hope XSeed can translate this for the western fans since they did the Wii game back in the day.

I think sales of that game were a disaster. XSeed probably wouldn't want to jump on that boat again lol. Big assumption though, since I bought it for bargain price not too long after release.

I wonder how the gameplay of this one will be, it doesn't look anything like the PS2 games (or at least the one that was localized).

Robbit

Banned
Day 1! Victorious Boxers 2 on PS2 was amazing. I never got around to playing/finding the Wii game.. how was that, by the way?

Nordicus

"THIS IS INDEED LALLAPALOOZA!"

God, so hyped. I've never ever imported a game, and don't really want to, but I couldn't bear the thought of not being able to play this because of the game never coming to west.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've never even seen this show and I want this. Looks like Punch-Out! for PS3.

Verelios

Need this in my life. Ippo versus Miyata dream match.

Mashiba versus Sendo (I'm guessing you can play as other boxers)

Oh man oh man oh man oh maaaaan!! I hope so damn much that the game is more similar to the ps2 games than the one on Wii.

I'm a HUUUUGE fan of Hajime No Ippo, to the point that all those years ago, it was the thing that made me try boxing, and i then went on to win the regionals!

Need this in my life. Ippo versus Miyata dream match.

Mashiba versus Sendo (I'm guessing you can play as other boxers)

On that 2nd picture, the player is playing as Miyata.

Sarquiss_

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GET HYPE!!! DAY 1 RIGHT HERE!!!!

Was not expecting this. Had so much fun with the PS2 version back in the day.

Let me do Aoki's Leapfrog and I will be a happy man.

I've never even seen this show and I want this. Looks like Punch-Out! for PS3.

BOOOOO THIS MAN!!!!!! But seriously you should check out the show it is awesome incarnate!!!

EDIT:

IPPO VS MARTINEZ!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOLY FUCK I AM SO HYPED RIGHT NOW!!! TIME FOR ANOTHER IPPO MARATHON

CANLI

I recommend anyone to read the manga or watch the anime.
I'm not a boxe fan but damn, Hajime no Ippo is amazing.

Meier

The release of MGS2 and Victorious Boxers (plus the impending FFX release) is what got me to finally buy a PS2 back in the day. Man did I love Hajime no Ippo. A shame I'll never get a chance to play this.

Wonko_C

From the screenshots looks like it's going to be a story based "boss battle" game. Notice how the gauges are different between player and CPU opponent... and a hit counter? Now I'm hoping it plays a bit like the GBA version with its own twist.

Top Bottom