• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime Tabata studio JP Games announces Paralympic sports RPG The Pegasus Dream Tour

Fbh

The-Pegasus-Dream_04-12-19.jpg

JP Games, the studio established by Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, has announced The Pegasus Dream Tour, the first official video game of the International Paralympic Committee. It is being created under the concept of “taking RPG to the next level and creating an abundant future with games,” and will launch worldwide in 2020 for “various platforms, including smartphones.”
The game is being created with the aim of boosting the popularity of Paralympic sports with the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games opening in 500 days’ time

Here is an overview of the game, via JP Games:

The Pegasus Dream Tour, which marks the first title to be released by JP Games, is a completely new sports role-playing game, where players participate in a virtual Paralympic Games that takes place inside a fantasy metropolis known as Pegasus City. Here, players awaken their special abilities or “Xtra Power,” in an alternate Paralympics world dynamically rendered in ways that only video games can achieve. The makers are planning for the “Pegasus Dream Tour” to be accessible on various platforms, including smartphones.

Source: Gematsu

The idea seems interesting and while I've never cared too much about sports games I really like it when they get the RPG treatment (Like Golf Story or the older Camelot Mario Tennis games).
But since it's also coming to Phones I'll keep my expectations low

Teslerum

The idea seems interesting

Interesting, but ripe to be made a mess and hopefully Tabata just keeps it simple in the storytelling departement.
And knowing Tabata, oh boy.... Well, as long as 60% of the plot doesn't happen offscreen.....

So, that mobile thing actually may give me hope.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Still pissed that SE let Tabata go after all the ass saving he did for them and left the idiot Nomura instead. Anyways, the idea seems interesting especially that it’s a Paralympics game with RPG elements + special abilities. This game coming on mobile phones makes my expectations low but for now I’m interested a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom