• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 Preloading Starts August 17th

Mooreberg

CS: Source Beta Pre-Loading to Cyber Cafés
Update 2: Gabe Newell has been so kind again to keep us updated.

* 8/11 the Cafe's turn on.
* 8/16 CZ/ATI users pre-load.
* 8/18 CZ/ATI turns on.
* 8/17 HL-2 pre-load starts (textures, audio and other stuff that doesn't change).

http://www.hl2fallout.com

I just wonder when we'll actually be able to play it. I doubt they'll activate it for use before the retail copies ship.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
They should release the complete Half Life 2 game through Steam two weeks before it gets in stores. This way, more people will get used to buying things through Steam, which is what Valve seems to want.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
That, or just have ATI send me my Half Life 2 coupon which is rightfully mine for buying the x800. >:0

SKluck

Banned
I can't understand why anyone would ever want to buy anything through steam. What happens if your hdd crashes or the disc you burned it to goes bad after a couple years? Though I guess that does kind of get rid of having to have the cd in the drive, which is nice.

Will HL2 cache even if you buy the full thing in store? What a waste.

Nester

SKluck said:
I can't understand why anyone would ever want to buy anything through steam. What happens if your hdd crashes or the disc you burned it to goes bad after a couple years? Though I guess that does kind of get rid of having to have the cd in the drive, which is nice.

Will HL2 cache even if you buy the full thing in store? What a waste.

Games through Steam are bound to your Steam ID. You never need the CD ever again once you buy a game, as you can download it again at anytime after formatting your computer or whatever.

Top Bottom