• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life: Alyx Quick & Dirty Reviews Thread

SonGoku

Yeah, I understand. But playing it, I can also understand why it needed to be in VR, it's just impossible to convey that without playing it though.
I don’t think this game works not in VR though. At that point it’s just another Half-Life game. Being in a pitch black room with a flashlight that tracks wherever you point your weapon with a mouse is one thing. Being in a pitch black room with a flashlight attached to your hand which illuminates only what that hand is pointing at, and having to reload in the dark, and hearing creeping head crabs and zombies around you is something else entirely.
I wish VR games like this would offer a traditional setting where you could play them with the headset still but with normal controls/physics (gamepad/kbm) and normal graphics (no flying hands).

Romulus

This really encompasses some of the feelings I had about the game, especially when he talks about reaching that level of game we imagined as kids.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Man, if a PS5 port is in the plans, here's my excuse to burn money on PSVR2.

My gtx 1070 wouldn't do this game justice, so I'll skip it on PC.

I know you are waiting but I am playing through on a reference 1070 right now and let me tell you--the GPU is no bottleneck. My Vive's display is the only thing preventing this game from looking any better,

Top Bottom