• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life Alyx vs. Disco Elysium

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Half-Life Alyx

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • Disco Elysium

Votes: 70 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

hTmC1nB.jpg

Last edited:

Romulus

Haven't played Disco, but Alyx just blew me away unlike anything else has in decades.

Also, pretty crazy if a VR game even comes close to winning any of these votes. The VR userbase is really small still.

Bkdk

Voted for half life alyx, This year is a blowout year for PC, half life Alyx, then flight, wasteland 3 and crusader Kings 3, plus super value rtx3080 graphics card, Just a perfect point of time for lots of people to jump into pc gaming. With some iconic releases Coming near future as well. PC don’t really have generation but they keep this up this will bring PC gaming to another golden age.

Thaedolus

If I’m feeling backed up I can jump into Alyx for a few minutes and will without fail need to take a shit.

That’s some next level immersion if you know what I mean

Damn, I feel sorry for Disco Elysium because it's an incredible game. What a shame it got put against HL Alyx which I haven't played but it's obvious who the winner will be here.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Half life alyx is not very replay able but it was the best gaming experience I've had since 90s probably. Omg I was standing on my feet for 15 hours and finished the game in 2 days

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Sadly I haven’t played Half Life: Alyx so I’m forced to vote for Disco By default. I seriously need to get a Quest for my PC, at the very least.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Sadly I haven’t played Half Life: Alyx so I’m forced to vote for Disco By default. I seriously need to get a Quest for my PC, at the very least.
I have quest and playing alyx fully wirelessly is magic. Just need to buy virtual desktop and good router

Golgo 13

I have quest and playing alyx fully wirelessly is magic. Just need to buy virtual desktop and good router
Never used VR in my life, is there supposed to be more latency in the wireless environment? I’d assume so, but I like that Quest offers the option.

Not to go completely REE on us, but I just cannot support a developer who unironically hangs a portrait of one of humanity's top 10 mass murderers on their wall to venerate. Alyx wins by default.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Never used VR in my life, is there supposed to be more latency in the wireless environment? I’d assume so, but I like that Quest offers the option.
Yes there is more latency but not really that bad imo. Must have good 5ghz router and wired pc. Or just play with usb cable

Golgo 13

Not to go completely REE on us, but I just cannot support a developer who unironically hangs a portrait of one of humanity's top 10 mass murderers on their wall to venerate. Alyx wins by default.
Oh please share who. Stalin? Mao? Surely not Hitler, even though he killed far few innocents than either of those two.

I voted DE for its script and bc Alyx is overrated thanks to its brand. There are plenty of great VR experiences that deserved some exposure, but now you read like before Alyx didn't exist anything and its not true.

Oh please share who. Stalin? Mao? Surely not Hitler, even though he killed far few innocents than either of those two.
hvuu6g3gc9841.png

It's Stalin.

Just imagine the (well justified) hell that befall any developer who had a picture glorifying Hitler anywhere. These assholes found one of the very short list of people worse than Hitler, and nobody seems to care.

Edit - By 'worse' I am talking about sheer number of innocent corpses. Make whatever subjective judgements you will.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

hvuu6g3gc9841.png

It's Stalin.

Just imagine the (well justified) hell that befall any developer who had a picture glorifying Hitler anywhere. These assholes found one of the very short list of people worse than Hitler, and nobody seems to care.

Edit - By 'worse' I am talking about sheer number of innocent corpses. Make whatever subjective judgements you will.
There's really no "subjective" about it -- Stalin was ultimately responsible for the deaths of 30-60 MILLION of his own citizens through slave-labor camps, starvation, and firing squad (among other, more horrific methods of torture and death). Simple peasant folk, women, children (Children 12 and older could be tortured and executed starting in 1941), engineers, doctors, anyone who was outwardly religious including working class people, his own military, and even his own friends when they turned their backs got bullets (and their families, by the way).

He's one of the most brutal, barbaric, murderous human beings to ever walk the planet. Period.

Glorifying Stalin in any way displays an ignorance of history that borders on miraculous.

What's really fucking scary about it all is -- not many people know about any of this. Some say it's because we were allies with Russia during this time (in fact, we agreed to turn over recovered Russian POW's knowing full well many of them would be worked to death or executed), which sounds about right. Highlight the German atrocities because we won the war against them, stay quiet about the Russians. Scary stuff.

nkarafo

You know, i am all for separating the art from the artist and i have followed this example in many cases where developers are being accused for something alt-right related. Unless this ideology is baked into the game, which i don't know.

Kadayi

Banned
hvuu6g3gc9841.png

It's Stalin.

Holy fucking shit. Did you even play the game? They rail against communism and the dangers of it something fierce throughout. Do you not understand the concept of parody? I thought all the easily triggered retards fucked to Ree but apparently not it seems. "Glorifying" what a reach :messenger_grinning_smiling:

How do you know they're unironic? How do you know they've venerating him? These are you blinkered conclusions . Honestly, have you even played the game?

You know, i am all for separating the art from the artist and i have followed this example in many cases where developers are being accused for something alt-right related. Unless this ideology is baked into the game, which i don't know.

They mock communism throughout relentlessly. This idea that they're pushing it the preserve of those who have clearly never touched the game.

Glorifying Stalin in any way displays an ignorance of history that borders on miraculous.

Talks about ignorance apparently is ignorant that the developers are from Estonia a former soviet country ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Weird, i loved DE but hated at the same time, i loved the first 12 hours, but the next 12 was a huge drop off for me, still haven't finished the game, not sure if i will ever go back to it.

asustitan

Banned
Can admin make it so you can see the results and not have to vote? I've not played either of them but interested in knowing what the results are and don't want to spoil the vote.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Can admin make it so you can see the results and not have to vote? I've not played either of them but interested in knowing what the results are and don't want to spoil the vote.

The poll is closing soon, so you'll be able to see the results.

It was ironically in fact you silly weed. Learn to take a joke my dude and go play their game, comrade.

Top Bottom