• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 15th Anniversary Teaser - Halo 3: Anniversary teased?

Theorry

Op.

Absolutely not.

We continue to work on halo wars 2 and future endeavors.

There are no h3 anniversary plans at this time and the diminishing returns would make it a tricky proposition anyway.

So sorry, but no.

And the 15th anniversary video is literally a celebration of 15 years of halo and its community.

:(

crush.jpg

Hesemonni

Banned
Op.

Absolutely not.

There are no h3 anniversary plans at this time and the diminishing returns would make it a tricky proposition anyway.

So sorry, but no.
Halo: Reach MCC confirmed! OMFGBBQ!

AP90

Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

And the 15th anniversary video is literally a celebration of 15 years of halo and its community.

Already have Halo Wars 2 preordered (digital deluxe version).. When can I start playing my Halo Wars 1 Definitive edition? Please don't tell me at release =( (
please say Xmas =D
)

Moa

Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

Good.

Onto bigger and better things :)

Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

Thanks for the prompt response Frank

Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

Flashback to 2013.. (Year prior to MCC):

And why hasn't Stinkles been in here to deny it yet? Oh wait, here he is, denying it.

I have no idea what the project he is tweeting about is, but CA works on more than just Halo stuff for companies other than just 343, but it is absolutely NOT H2A and nobody is currently working on any such thing.

This on the other hand is and has always been a cool idea and you never know, it could happen one day. The code still works (albeit crazy buggy).

Dontbelievehislies.jpg

NippleViking droppin the BOMB some of us will never, ever forget lmfao

Stinkles has been compromised. Trust nothing!
H3A confirmed.

Plasma

Banned
I'd be kind of disappointed if it was another remake you can already play it in 1080p in the MCC and it holds up pretty well still. If they're going to do another Halo project (Other than Halo 6) I'd rather see a new game with a small tight campaign like ODST which takes the traditional Halo formula but adds some twists on it.

This was iterally true at the time which if you'll note was even more time.

Goodnight sweet princes of Maine.

Ah, interesting. So less than 1 year dev time? Explains a lot.

I apologise, calling you a liar was perhaps unfair - I adore ya Stinkles. However, while you're not dishonest, it's relevant to how internally business' parts may move, and in pr truth may be skewed (but expecting total transparency from a company is ridiculous).

H3A next year is still a possibility. Though you're the authority on that.

Madness

Good.

Onto bigger and better things :)

You shut your whore mouth. Nothing was better than Halo 3.

5g1vzHE.jpg

Besides, Frank never said Saber Interactive or any other devs weren't working on it, just that 343 is working on HW2 and future endeavors. I still say a H3A timed as a Scorpio launch title with remastered graphics at 4k/60fps would be crazy. Then again, we might see a one-off Halo game for next year to hold over until Halo 6?

Madness

Will Halo ever come to pc?

Ever meaning what? Halo CE and Halo 2 were on PC. And just now, you got Halo 5 Forge for free which will soon have a custom games browser. Going forward with the Play Anywhere initiative, all Xbox exclusives will be available to download on the Windows 10 store. So if you buy digital, you get a copy for Xbox or PC. So yes, Halo has been on PC and will again be on PC.

novabolt

Ever meaning what? Halo CE and Halo 2 were on PC. And just now, you got Halo 5 Forge for free which will soon have a custom games browser. Going forward with the Play Anywhere initiative, all Xbox exclusives will be available to download on the Windows 10 store. So if you buy digital, you get a copy for Xbox or PC. So yes, Halo has been on PC and will again be on PC.

All of what you said means nothing in the long run if no meaningful sales are produced. I have no beef with XB exclusives shared with Windows 10, but even I am doubtful that MS will continue if there's no profit is to be made.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This explains so much regarding the MCC. At least we have it in writing now haha.

Mcc was not Halo 2 Anniversary. And you'll notice how carefully it's phrased and get why containing a secret but larger project/announcement is to put it bluntly, normal business.

However this is very straightforward : we are not currently planning to release what you'd consider either standalone or bundled h3 anniversary or h3 anything.

Chris1

I'd be shocked if there's no Halo 3 anniversary. I saw what Stinkles said, but still. Halo Wars 1 is being remastered despite being BC, and is getting absolutely zero advertisement, talk about diminishing returns - so if that's happening I'm pretty sure Halo 3 will be.

I mean Halo 3 was massive and MCC was broken. Not to mention it'd come out around the time of Scorpio, Halo 3 with upgraded graphics and in 4K would sell decently especially since it won't be broken AND there will be a PC version this time. I'll believe there's no Halo 3 Anniversary once E3 2017 is finished.

Omni

They'll save Halo 3 Anniversary for the new Xbox in a few years

Then I'd have to buy it. Dammit MS you win again

Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

Probably gonna get booed for this one, and no offense, but this wouldn't be an issue as long as said remaster wasn't half-assed like MCC was.

And before a mod hits that BAN button, keep in mind, this is coming from a person who bought an Xbox One fatty exclusively for MCC to play the older Halo games at their best (and before MS started giving the game away for free with the system a month or two later)

You shut your whore mouth. Nothing was better than Halo 3.

5g1vzHE.jpg

Because this. Halo 3 was the only one where the campaign was just as smoothed out as the classic multiplayer (and the only one that didn't bore me to tears)

It would be a shame not to do this for my favorite halo ever...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Probably gonna get booed for this one, and no offense, but this wouldn't be an issue as long as said remaster wasn't half-assed like MCC was.

And before a mod hits that BAN button, keep in mind, this is coming from a person who bought an Xbox One fatty exclusively for MCC to play the older Halo games at their best (and before MS started giving the game away for free with the system a month or two later)

Because this. Halo 3 was the only one where the campaign was just as smoothed out as the classic multiplayer (and the only one that didn't bore me to tears)

It would be a shame not to do this for my favorite halo ever...

As far as I know the mods have never banned anyone for legitimate complaints outside of wrestling and popgaf.

Vinc

I'll pay 30 bucks for an MCC upgrade to Halo 3. It's still my favorite Halo game and one of the best games ever made imo.

jelly

Upgrade, fix and add to Halo MCC only, stick in H3A/ODST/Reach as some of the upgrades among other remade parts and fixes for the whole collection. It's a great collection on paper but fails to deliver what the series and fans deserve. I know it would take time and money to fix but a lot of time has passed, you can upgrade it enough to rerelease and get some 4K Halo too. It's still embarrassing at this point the way they left it. Make it a Scorpio launch title, hype up and repair burnt bridges with the fans leading up to Halo 6.

jem0208

Mcc was not Halo 2 Anniversary. And you'll notice how carefully it's phrased and get why containing a secret but larger project/announcement is to put it bluntly, normal business.

However this is very straightforward : we are not currently planning to release what you'd consider either standalone or bundled h3 anniversary or h3 anything.

You guys should get planning on that big H3 themed Halo 5 update then.

It's not gunna release itself!

krang

Upgrade, fix and add to Halo MCC only, stick in H3A/ODST/Reach as some of the upgrades among other remade parts and fixes for the whole collection. It's a great collection on paper but fails to deliver what the series and fans deserve. I know it would take time and money to fix but a lot of time has passed, you can upgrade it enough to rerelease and get some 4K Halo too. It's still embarrassing at this point the way they left it. Make it a Scorpio launch title, hype up and repair burnt bridges with the fans leading up to Halo 6.

54489687.jpg

Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

I don't know about that...

I'd definitely pay for a Blur cutscene add-on for MCC and a couple tweaks to the base game (like split screen FOV for single player).

thelastword

Banned
Is the Collection finally coming to PC with Halo 3 Anniversary, Reach Anniversary and ODST anniversary? That would be swell.

They should also make Halo 5 available too...., but maybe not the latter, they will want to sell a 4k halo 5 on the Scorpio.

no one gives a shit about MCC anymore. If they want to make H3A (and of course they should, it would be huge), it need to be a stand alone game.

Madness

As far as I know the mods have never banned anyone for legitimate complaints outside of wrestling and popgaf.

All I know is, I bought two 4K+HDR tv's this month, and am planning to buy Scorpio next year. There better be some Halo on the horizon that can be utilized.

H3 Anniversary makes so much sense to me though. Finish off the trilogy remaster stuff. 10 years since it launched and the fight was finished, plus probably easier to hit 4k/60 fps on a remaster than a full blown Halo 6 ground up game. Coupled with Scorpio launch. Would easily recoup costs through the potential holiday sales and nostalgia for Halo 3. I don't even necessarily want it since I can play it anytime on Xbox 360 or through MCC, but I would still buy it. As I am sure many Scorpio owners and Halo fans would.

MysteryM

Damn, halo 3 was top tier halo and I always thought we'd see a anniversary edition given halo 1\2 anniversary editions.

I still dream of playing on high ground, throwing out a bubble shield whilst fighting off a ghost and Spartans over the wall. Goddamn this is saddening as I was hoping for a 60fps 4k version of halo 3.

Damn. My money's waiting here Stinkles...

Halo 3 is just fine as it is now on the MCC. I don't see much added value to a full remake anyway there. More new stuff would be better then remakes for now.

Hey Stinkles, can we just have Back-Compat Reach thrown into the MCC? :)

that'd be a nice 15th birthday present :)

/s I know it won't happen and I already have a copy.

Top Bottom