• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 trailer now in cinemas across North America

Santo

http://www.bonusstage.com/art1582.html

Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today announced a movie-style promotional campaign for the launch of the most anticipated game this year, Halo 2. Beginning today and continuing through August, a Halo 2 theatrical trailer will be shown in more than 1500 Loews Cineplex Entertainment movie screens in the U.S. before many of the hottest films of the summer; including Spider-Man 2, The Village, King Arthur, I Robot, Catwoman and Alien vs. Predator. The trailer sets the stage for Master Chief’s arrival on Earth to stop Covenant forces from destroying all mankind. Halo 2 lands on store shelves on November 9; but gamers can reserve their copy now, as a special limited edition copy of Halo 2 is currently available for pre-order at most retailers.

The cinematic Halo 2 trailer was created by The Ant Farm, the Hollywood company renowned for their work on trailers for blockbuster films such as The Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man 2, Shrek, Kill Bill and the Harry Potter series.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so...

basically there is a new halo 2 trailer that is released today in certain theatres!?

Ronin

This would be awesome if video game footage didn't look like total crap blown up on the big screen.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
hmm...maybe I should pre order this game? <------never preordered game before.

i never preordered a game before... but with a game like halo 2... you should preorder if you want to have the game on launch day :p

op_ivy

Beverly Center 13
8522 Beverly Blvd., Suite 835
Los Angeles CA, 90048
310-652-7767

looks like this is where i'll be seeing spiderman 2 tonight :O

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Who is going to be the fellow xbot brave enough to risk himself to bring us some shaky cam footage?

DO IT FOR THE SWARM!

Hellraizah

Funky Papa said:
Who is going to be the fellow xbot brave enough to risk himself to bring us some shaky cam footage?

DO IT FOR THE SWARM!
I would, if I had a cam and was living in the US.

Has the trailer already started playing? Maybe I'll go see Spider-Man 2 again at Loew's this time just for the Halo 2 trailer...It's not something we've already seen is it?

Solid

Will the Limited Edition reach Europe? I don't want to order the NTSC one knowing I won't be able to play the game or watch the DVD on my Xbox. I hate MS Europe right now :(

Midas

Deepthroat said:
Will the Limited Edition reach Europe? I don't want to order the NTSC one knowing I won't be able to play the game or watch the DVD on my Xbox. I hate MS Europe right now :(

I hope that. But I haven't seen anything liked that so I preordered the NTSC one. :p

op_ivy

Joe said:
i wouldnt doubt its the original teaser for halo2 with chief jumping out into space.

its new, for the most part.

apparently, this trailer includes some old video and some not. there is some actual gameplay in there, and the final shot ends with the scene portrayed on the Halo 2 cover art

still waiting on detailed impressions... hopefully i can make the treck out to la to see *something tonight :D

Justin

Sounds like it is going to just be the old teaser that was released 2 years ago. I guess if it is new they will say so in Bungies update today.

Joe

well in that case...KICK ASS.

im actually going to see anchorman tonight, too bad there's no loew's around here.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This would be awesome if video game footage didn't look like total crap blown up on the big screen.
They can render in-engine footage in high resolution, much like the screenshots we are getting of almost every game today.

Jan

Can´t be the old teaser since there´s some expert trailer company doing it .

Have anyone seen it already?

op_ivy

oh sweet, theres a theatre at MLK and crenshaw! i'm willing to die for halo 2

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Loew's?! Damn it, I've got several different theatre types around here...but no Loew's. :\

I really want to see that trailer! Hopefully it will start showing at other theatres as well...

IgeL

Deepthroat said:

Like was already said, it will. I just wanted to say that it's available for pre-order even in Finland, so I think you guys should just check your local retailers and be surprised. :)

GhaleonEB

IgeL said:
Like was already said, it will. I just wanted to say that it's available for pre-order even in Finland, so I think you guys should just check your local retailers and be surprised. :)

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed for pre-order in there.

I don't have a Loewes theater within 30 miles (the max search radius on Fandango) so no trailer for me. :(

Frankie, this had better end up online soon.

op_ivy

GhaleonEB said:
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed for pre-order in there.

I don't have a Loewes theater within 30 miles (the max search radius on Fandango) so no trailer for me. :(

Frankie, this had better end up online soon.

the link i posted above to loews site searches 60 miles. i'll be heading out to universal city walk tonight for dinner and a halo 2 trailer... er, movie ;)

op_ivy

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/0705/halo2.htm?level1=enushome&level2=newsticker&level3=xboxsolution

Media Alert:
Halo 2 Hits the Big Screen This Summer With Cinematic Trailer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16, 2004

Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today announced a movie-style promotional campaign for the launch of the most anticipated game this year, Halo 2. Beginning today and continuing through August, a Halo 2 theatrical trailer will be shown in more than 1500 Loews Cineplex Entertainment movie screens in the U.S. before many of the hottest films of the summer; including Spider-Man 2, The Village, King Arthur, I Robot, Catwoman and Alien vs. Predator.

The trailer sets the stage for Master Chief's arrival on Earth to stop Covenant forces from destroying all mankind. Halo 2 lands on store shelves on November 9; but gamers can reserve their copy now, as a special limited edition copy of Halo 2 is currently available for pre-order at most retailers.

The cinematic Halo 2 trailer was created by The Ant Farm, the Hollywood company renowned for their work on trailers for blockbuster films such as The Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man 2, Shrek, Kill Bill and the Harry Potter series.

Pushing the Xbox hardware to its very limits, Halo 2 will expand on everything that made the original game great, plus add a wealth of technological and gameplay advances. Significantly improved graphics, enhanced artificial intelligence (AI), an advanced real-time lighting engine and destructible interactive environments are just a small part of Halo 2’s evolution of design and technology.

Every improvement in Halo 2 is designed to take gameplay to a new level - and in the end, to tell a more compelling story.

Utilizing Xbox Live to redefine online play, Halo 2 delivers superior online multiplayer capabilities. Whether playing with a clan on a new multiplayer map, boarding a friend's Warthog, watching a game replay or checking player stats, Halo 2 will bring the social experience to a higher level via Xbox Live.

:O oh my fucking god, please tell me thats true! *remembers in an older bungie update how they were adding a feature that was in older bungie games to halo 2...

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
the link i posted above to loews site searches 60 miles. i'll be heading out to universal city walk tonight for dinner and a halo 2 trailer... er, movie ;)

Yeah, I searched for tickets first, which took me to Fandango. I just checked on their site proper for theaters, and nothing withing 60 miles, either. :(

You think some would be near Portland....

MoccaJava

Banned
Is there anyone else who really does not like this, only because they are tired of seeing product advertisements in movie previews now?

Santo

MoccaJava said:
Is there anyone else who really does not like this, only because they are tired of seeing product advertisements in movie previews now?

This is a product ad for something good, not that stupid goon who does stunts in movies and tells us not to download!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wanna see this, but i'm not paying for the privilege of being advertised to. and aside from spiderman 2, those movies are total shit. spiderman 2 is only partial shit. i suppose that's summer for you. hopefully bungie puts it up on their website or something.

Figures that in a city with 1.5 million people, there'd be no Loews theaters. WTF is that shit? Anyway, that replay feature is fanfuckingtastic!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>This is a product ad for something good, not that stupid goon who does stunts in movies and tells us not to download!<<<

Those ads make me want to yell at the screen, "I just PAID to watch this movie. Fuck you! If I'd downloaded it instead, I wouldn't have had to listen to you, asshole.".

yeah, it's all about AMC down here, too. i've never even heard of 'loews' before today. i guess they're going for the casual crowd. lol...

dorio

Banned
South Central here I come. Anyone got my back. nevermind found a theatre on the promenade.

By the way, will the limited edition be availible without preorder.

Top Bottom