• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, and Halo: CEA coming to BC This Year. All Maps Free!

After playing them at 60 FPS, I'd have preferred an update to MCC. Clearly that's not going to happen, but good for the people that actually want to play the BC versions. The campaigns still play just fine on the MCC, so I guess it's not a big deal

Comet

It seems like you still have to buy MCC to get Halo 2 anniversary, aka best Halo. :/

Its strange, i never loved Halo 2 until i played Anniversary, i just thought it was a decent transition game from 2 to 3. Now its my favorite, and then 3 and then Reach
Same thing happened with me. I got the limited edition version of Halo 2 on day 1, went crazy playing online and only ever beat the campaign once. I eventually fizzled out of it, always preferring the gameplay of the original. Then I played Halo 3 for years. Going back to the MCC, I have fallen in love with Halo 2, I feel bad for not giving it more of a chance.

Now that all DLC is free (and presumably will be bundled with the BC versions, à la Borderlands), they should go back and adjust all playlists to require DLC.

Could the One X potentially have these running at 60fps?
No. They're all capped at 30fps. They'd need X1X exclusive patches, which won't happen.

Comet

Are people hating on the MCC seriously playing it right now? Me and my wife do local split screen with various friends joining our party online and find matches just as quickly as we did in Halo 3's prime.

Would have obviously been preferable to overhaul MCC, but now it seems that the dream is dead. Still, nice gesture that would be better by giving digital copies to all MCC owners. Guess we're getting Halo CE and Halo 2 with OG Xbox BC at some point, too.

Surely this isn't a big deal to Halo fans as they already have Halo:MCC?
Do we though

I mean, it's mostly playable, but honestly H3 and H4 BC + 360 will each likely have more players than the entirety of MCC... :/

Would have obviously been preferable to overhaul MCC, but this is fine. Guess we're getting Halo CE and Halo 2 with OG Xbox BC at some point, too.
There's 0% chance we won't get them.

Jawmuncher

Halo 2 and OG Halo CE are definitely coming though, what with OG Xbox BC coming.

That said, still no CE & H2 matchmaking, and of course H2A multiplayer and campaign are MCC exclusive.

If they somehow worked some magic to bring Halo 2 MP back with the OG BC update. I'd jump back in.

Compsiox

Banned
Halo 2 and OG Halo CE are definitely coming though, what with OG Xbox BC coming.

That said, still no CE & H2 matchmaking, and of course H2A multiplayer and campaign are MCC exclusive.

At E3 next year, if they announce that the Original Halo 2 is going back online (with fully functional multiplayer), I'm confident that they would win E3.

Are people hating on the MCC seriously playing it right now? Me and my wife do local split screen with various friends joining our party online and find matches just as quickly as we did in Halo 3's prime.

I've had few issues playing online as recently as last year, so I honestly don't know what everybody else is talking about either. But I'll take everybody's word for it. YMMV and all. I think that no official acknowledgement of MCC is an indication that 343 is done with it anyway

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Genuinely delighted for the fans but after playing Halo in 60fps theres no going back for me.

I'm still pissed at them abandoning one of their flagship games, it's not unsalvageable surely. But then they probably consider it a lost cause. Ah well.

All of them are free except the Noble Map Pack for Reach currently

That's a shame. The noble map pack gave me some of my best (and last) online memories of Halo...too bad if you go back to Reach now, the population has dwindled to such a tiny number that expecting matches where everyone has the dlc is a fool's errand

Thought I'd add this comment from Frankie on MCC from the other thread (emphasis mine):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242751282&postcount=74

Stinkles:
New users and returning users. It's also 4K for MP which still has healthy populations and will bump in November too. You can get a sense of the fidelity by looking at the PC Forge/MP package on a high end PC and without committing to anything I will note that BC legacy titles and the "fate" of MCC are not connected at the hip as some have perhaps reasonably, but in this specific case, mistakenly inferred. That may be cold comfort with no information to share at this time, but they are not an either or situation.

GavinUK86

I know no one wants this brought up again but this is the definitive nail in the coffin for MCC.

Why? These games on the MCC are better versions. These BC ones are pointless. Unless you only want the MP but that's a whole different story.

Problem is people shouldn't be needed to play it now to see how it is. In my case, the game was broken and I could hardly play anything 6 months in so I got rid of it and stopped caring. I paid $60 and went to the midnight launch for the MCC and I gave it 6 months to work. It didn't. I really don't care how well it works now. I wasn't going to keep waiting for it and many others weren't either. They took far too long.

I was hoping we would get the rest of Halo on BC but playing these at 30 now really does kinda stink. It will however make getting the DLC achievements in 3 a lot easier and I can clean up on Reach and 4. Feels like a little too late though for Halo 4, that game was dying for free maps.

Sicking to MCC but will keep the old ones installed since Halo 4 particularly is quite different (but amazing) on MCC.

Thought I'd add this comment from Frankie on MCC from the other thread (emphasis mine):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242751282&postcount=74
That's all fine and well, but it doesn't mean anything is coming, just that this doesn't explicitly preclude it.

Given that it's been almost 3 years and the last patch was ages ago, I see no reason to be confident. This was close to the last chance to announce a new patch. If we don't hear anything before Scorpio releases, it will never come.

MS, why do you do this? Make all the maps free EXCEPT Noble for Halo Reach. The only one that isn't on MCC and is BC now :( at least I got Anniversary, that's a lot of fun even if it's just Halo Reach CE mod.

MS, why do you do this? Make all the maps free EXCEPT Noble for Halo Reach. The only one that isn't on MCC and is BC now :( at least I got Anniversary, that's a lot of fun even if it's just Halo Reach CE mod.
Noble will be free. Don't know why the drop hasn't hit yet, but it will, likely today.

McSpidey

jem0208

Do we know if the H3 multiplayer disk which came with ODST will work?

Edit: nevermind, seems i have a digital license for Halo 3 from somewhere. Must have been on GwG at some point.

Cranster

Banned
That's all fine and well, but it doesn't mean anything is coming, just that this doesn't explicitly preclude it.

Given that it's been almost 3 years and the last patch was ages ago, I see no reason to be confident. This was close to the last chance to announce a new patch. If we don't hear anything before Scorpio releases, it will never come.
Nah, there is still some hope...

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6k242h/ske7ch_replies_to_question_about_the_mcc/djk5w7k/

Ske7ch: There's a healthy, steady population of players on MCC and it keeps bringing in new players regularly. The game is important to the franchise and isn't something the studio wants to give up on.

Top Bottom