• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 more players online than Counter-Strike?

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
It blows my mind that Source is still that much less played than 1.6. I guess it's just because of the system requirements.

FiRez

Nutter said:
You still going strong eh Firez.

So, considering what you hated in H2, what do you hate in H3?

Halo 3 is better than Halo 2 because a lot of things (less auto-aim, forge, campaign mode, 4p coop, AR) even if some maps are not as good as Halo 2 but still,

but imho those benefits got overlooked by the time it got released because the splendid work of IW in CoD4 (perks, faster matchmaking, better party system, innovative gameplay: "hey you got a 7 kill streak, take this helicopter" that's much better than a annoying announcer, better game modes, better balance, RPG-like leveling system, better netcode, etc)

LCGeek

formerly sane
Zek said:
It blows my mind that Source is still that much less played than 1.6. I guess it's just because of the system requirements.

Source is a broke version of CS valve changed too much on a subtle level and the feel is different. CS:S is to CS what training wheels are to bikes.

COD4 has the most consistent netcode I've seen since the old hl quake setup, which had disadvantages if hardware couldn't keep up or you were an HPB but that's what leading your shots is for.

Top Bottom