• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 PUBLIC free preview: IMAX screen, Seattle Pacific Science Center, August 21

voltron

D3VI0US said:
No Luke ass grab but I did meet up with Ghaleon by pure coincidence and we shot the shit. Poor guy is on his way home right now and he was to be at work at 8. Luke called him up after and slipped him a dvd disc in a sleeve. Full version? Believe!

He did WHAT!

Crowd:

5360t8l.jpg

53qf03c.jpg

Space Needle:

5xre6w1.jpg

Random Fans:

6fpxgnd.jpg

53kelx5.jpg

Halo 3 Ferris Wheel:

4kf42tl.jpg

Mister Chief!

4q50hht.jpg

Luke!

4mra7p4.jpg

element

It was really strange seeing people want autographs. like signing shirts, or their tickets. Some of the various Bungie people were wearing shirts or something identifying themselves as Bungie employees, and they would get mobbed.

I got to speak briefly with Luke and Frankie. I told them I posted on the GAF and Luke was like "oh shit? right on!" or something like that.

When I first walked into the theater I saw Frankie and said "FRANKIE" and he turned and gave me this "Heyyyy (who the hell are you?)" kind of look. It was priceless. Right up there with the look he gave the guy at the behind doors showing at E3. I did speak with Frankie for a few seconds afterwards. It was weird but real cool at the same time.

I have also never seen such a high concentration of Zunes in one place before. It was fun trading songs and stuff with random people, because normally nobody else has one. There was a group of people huddled around a Zune watching a Halo 2 video, and I secretly interrupted the presentation by beaming him over the boss song for Blue Dragon. Hilarious. Or not.

D3VI0US said:
Hey hey, I didn't see what it was, it didn't have an omega symbol on it though.

My theory. It was placed specifically into Ghaleon's golden hands because its a known fact he is the Father of all Halo on these boards. He is then to spread it's bounty upon us in a manner that could be bolded for facts, italicized for awesome, etc.

I'm just hoping it's a run through of tonights events so that we can all just feel included in some small, caring way.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
MaX_PL said:
what the hell are those costs for weapons and vehicles? $136?
You can't put an infinite number of objects on the map and expect engine to keep up. it has to handle the physics for every object and its interaction with other objects.

One last thing before I head to bed ( I have a job interview in the morning)

Sandtrap is HUGE. It is a very big map and it looked like so much fun when they showed the saved film. The way the Brute Choppers smashed into Warthogs was a sight to see. It is going to be a very chaotic map, and I can see it being very popular. The balance seemed great. At one point the slowed in on a guy trying to re-enter a vehicle, and got blasted. They paused it, and bits and pieces of the vehicle were being thrown out in all directions and the frozen scene of the explosion effects were very well done. And the Spartan's arms were flailing and it just looked insanely chaotic.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Stachzilla said:
Oh GOD... I hope Ghaleon is doing atleast 90mph back home.
We dont want him to crash, specially not now that he has the DISK!
Take your time Ghaleon... we can wait. ho yes, we WILL wait.

Tieno

Halo Epsilon for GhaleonEB? (I don't think he has a debug so...). Maybe it's not even Halo related at all.

godhandiscen

Tieno said:
Halo Epsilon for GhaleonEB? (I don't think he has a debug so...). Maybe it's not even Halo related at all.
pics of frankie?

Doodlebug

Memphis Reigns said:
One last thing before I head to bed ( I have a job interview in the morning)

Sandtrap is HUGE. It is a very big map and it looked like so much fun when they showed the saved film. The way the Brute Choppers smashed into Warthogs was a sight to see. It is going to be a very chaotic map, and I can see it being very popular. The balance seemed great. At one point the slowed in on a guy trying to re-enter a vehicle, and got blasted. They paused it, and bits and pieces of the vehicle were being thrown out in all directions and the frozen scene of the explosion effects were very well done. And the Spartan's arms were flailing and it just looked insanely chaotic.

Collisions and debris sounds cool.

"Air-swimming" death animation still there, confirmed?

Doodlebug said:
Collisions and debris sounds cool.

"Air-swimming" death animation still there, confirmed?

LOL yeah. But it happens so quickly that you don't fully notice it at regular speed. That plus all the debris and fire, it didn't seem too distracting.

EDIT: it was rather cool though. And ya Portland is a good 2.5 hours away from Seattle and it didnt end until around 10:45 so it might be a little while longer before he gets home.

D3VI0US

Tieno said:

You don't need a debug for the Epsilon, it's an internal MS beta on regular boxes guys.

Stinkles said:
haha

Ghaleon's "disk" is a four pack of multicolored Halo 3 Kubricks.

Awesome showing tonight. I got a chance to talk with you briefly. I am sure a whole lot people did. But I was the tall guy, backwards hat, Halo 3 shirt? But ya thanks for that showing. It was very special. I had some chills

LukeSmith

D3VI0US said:
No Luke ass grab but I did meet up with Ghaleon by pure coincidence and we shot the shit. Poor guy is on his way home right now and he was to be at work at 8. Luke called him up after and slipped him a the new Kubricks for his Halo collection.

Just fixing that.

godhandiscen

Stinkles said:
haha

Ghaleon's "disk" is a four pack of multicolored Halo 3 Kubricks.
You shatter my dreams again!

Edit: thats it, I am going to bed.
Edit2: Hey Ghaleon, take pics of the Kubricks.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Memphis Reigns said:
Awesome showing tonight. I got a chance to talk with you briefly. I am sure a whole lot people did. But I was the tall guy, backwards hat, Halo 3 shirt? But ya thanks for that showing. It was very special. I had some chills

Yeah I know. You said, "I'm Mephis Reigns from Gaf." And it was about twenty minutes ago.

We played on Heroic, btw.

LukeSmith

Stinkles said:
Yeah I know. You said, "I'm Mephis Reigns from Gaf." And it was about twenty minutes ago.

And the second demo, for whoever got to see that had a couple of infantry-based Brute Pack encounters from an area we've referred to as The Garage. And we showed Campaign scoring in that game as well.
I won, easily

Stinkles said:

Haha good stuff. I figured you'd remember. Yah I turned away when you guys chose the difficulty. It was fun seeing you guys play around and have some fun with it. Was the second showing as packed?

Edit: you guys must be really good at the game by now then. But now that I think about it, there were several deaths by one or both of the co op players. Then again, I was too awe struck to really notice. The AI was awesome though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
LukeSmith said:
And the second demo, for whoever got to see that had a couple of infantry-based Brute Pack encounters from an area we've referred to as The Garage. And we showed Campaign scoring in that game as well.
I won, easily

Saved film or it never happened.

Aww, well Kubricks are cool too.

Even without it being some super hyper ultra disc of secrecy and awesome, Bungie's loyalty to their fans still amazes me. Any number of the employees could simply do the job they have, do the necessary press, and then go home. And then when they do have something to show off to the public, in an event that seemed like it was originally planned for only one showing (am I wrong?), they take the extra time to have a secondary one as well just so everyone can feel the love.

It's incredibly refreshing to see a company with employees that give a hoot, not only about their baby, but strives to please so many fans as well. My hat is off to you gentleman.

voltron

Gadfly said:
He said saved file which you can only play back if you have Halo running.

Cmon Im sure its possible to export to WMV somehow. Or cap card it.

That excuse just dont fly, what else you got!?

dejay

Banned
Stachzilla said:
Aww, well Kubricks are cool too.

Even without it being some super hyper ultra disc of secrecy and awesome, Bungie's loyalty to their fans still amazes me. Any number of the employees could simply do the job they have, do the necessary press, and then go home. And then when they do have something to show off to the public, in an event that seemed like it was originally planned for only one showing (am I wrong?), they take the extra time to have a secondary one as well just so everyone can feel the love.

It's incredibly refreshing to see a company with employees that give a hoot, not only about their baby, but strives to please so many fans as well. My hat is off to you gentleman.

Yeah, Bungie is good with the public and passionate about their product. Of course I'd be too with one Mr Gates riding on my back, yelling "SELL MY 360S BITCHES"

Frankie and co. must be getting exhausted from all the publicity stuff - living out of suitcases sucks.

Dartastic

That is super amazing that they did a second show so that the people who couldn't get in the first time could go ahead and see what they missed. Only five weeks to go!

Top Bottom