• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 PUBLIC free preview: IMAX screen, Seattle Pacific Science Center, August 21

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Some hot girl just walked into our lab wearing a Halo 3 hoodie. No joke. Should I tackle her?
You...have to ask? :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Is this...official? I didn't watch the Elephant video as I'm avoiding leaks.
It's from Comcast, it looks official enough.

Proelite

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Some hot girl just walked into our lab wearing a Halo 3 hoodie. No joke. Should I tackle her?
Show her the brute in your brutezone.

:/ That sounds nasty.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The Lamonster said:
Ha, awesome. I'm in STL too. West County. Where'd you reserve Halo?

Just moved in St. Charles County at the end of March. So, not West County. ;)

GhaleonEB said:

Yup.

Proelite said:
There is a love story between chief and cortana? Wha?

Yeah, sounded weird to me too. Maybe there are some romantic hints in this one. My girlfriend would absolutely love that.

I don't have a girlfriend.

Falagard

GhaleonEB said:

It looks official, doesn't have any spoilers except for there's a 10 second clip of Sgt Johnson from the calibration tool.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Proelite said:
There is a love story between chief and cortana? Wha?

:lol

No. Not literally. Jaime was saying, "for instance" jokingly. Ghaleon can watch, it's spoiler-free.

OverHeat

« generous god »
5 weeks from release and still no TV or theaters ads...whats going on?

The halo 2 ads where awesome!

Stinkles said:
No. Not literally. Jaime was saying, "for instance" jokingly. Ghaleon can watch, it's spoiler-free.
I didn't believe that anyway. There is no way that kind of secret is revealed in video like this.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
OverHeat said:
5 weeks from release and still no TV or theaters ads...whats going on?

The halo 2 ads where awesome!
Starry Night has been playing in theatres, with the ending text replaced with the word "Believe."

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Stinkles said:

Say, is that the in-game Johnson model?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
So, guys... srsly. How are we going to be kept up-to-date on tonight's happenings? Are we going to have to wait for folks to start getting home?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Blueblur1 said:
The other thread is buried in the other pages somewhere so I'm posting this here. A preview of the documentary goodies we're gonna get in the more expensive versions of Halo 3.

http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinvasion/show/#1266429_halo_3/2209632_halo_3_exclusive_gameinvasion_2pass_001

Very very cool compilation video of what in store for us going beyond the regular versions - a nice touch is how the names and stuff are in the exact style from Halo 3's UI - very stylish!

And Sarge's model looks terrific - nice details with the faces and eyeballs and so on...

OverHeat said:
Disagreed.

The Wincott voiceover with the action is hot and his line will live in Halo canon infamy, but "Starry Night" is the best video game ad ever created. Period.

I've never felt like a bad ass watching a commercial. "Starry Night" makes me feel like I can fearlessly dive headlong into a Brute pack and Wraith contingent and destroy them all. Chief's defiantly hopeful line, "Not yet," is the best line ever uttered by a video game character. It's brilliant and the visuals are on par or better than anything I've seen Hollywood do.

Mr Vociferous said:
"Starry Night" makes me feel like I can fearlessly dive headlong into a Brute pack and Wraith contingent and destroy them all. Chief's defiantly hopeful line, "Not yet," is the best line ever uttered by a video game character. It's brilliant and the visuals are on par or better than anything I've seen Hollywood do.
Have to agree with you completely there.

Good god at the video. Sarge and Cortana were neat enough but the Red Vs. Blue made me insanely excited. Episode 1 in Valhalla just makes me giddy.

Ramirez

You know what? I fucking hate you. :lol

First time RVB has ever made me lawl. :p

I'm starting to get excited with all of this media pouring out. :D

Ramirez said:
You know what? I fucking hate you. :lol

First time RVB has ever made me lawl. :p

I'm starting to get excited with all of this media pouring out. :D
But they said all of the lines in episode one...Still awesome...:lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Heading out in a minute, also.

To go to Winn-Dixie to buy some eggs to make scrambled eggs.

Take notes you lucky assholes. Good notes.

Voc notes...

ACF7981.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Good luck to everybody going. We will be waiting for that leaked video.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mr Vociferous said:
Take notes you lucky assholes. Good notes.

Voc notes...

If I was able to go, I would rush home after to type "splort" and then I'd go to bed.

Top Bottom