• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So this game requires an 8 gb install for all multiplayer? Or is it just recommended? My friend wants to know and want a for sure answer. Thanks!
Multiplayer install is mandatory.

I don't have the game yet but 8GB is required minimum for War Games + Spartan Ops. War Games itself is only 2GB, and the first episode of Spartan Ops is 1.5GB, but I'm unsure of whether you need 8GB free just to install either or if it will even let you choose to only install War Games.

Mr.Fresh

I have to back to gamestop to get a number, and then back again to get in line with said number :3 wtf? I never went to a midnight launch so idk how big it'll be for my little local GS.

Basically everyone pays before 12. Then at 11:50 or so everyone gets on a line. Once 12 hits just walk up flash the receipt and they hand you whatever you paid for.

Not long now...

I know it is smelling my own farts, but the way the Forward Unto Dawn directors cut works on waypoint console is really nice. I wish Blu rays had a UI that intuitive.

Damn, I really wish my local GS got an extra LE in...I wish more that I would have preordered it sooner.

If anyone's interested in winning the already sold-out FUD statue from McFarlane Toys, stop by the Nerdist website and enter to win.

fud_sleeper-resin_phoq6ovx.jpg

I'll try my luck, I really would like to win that.

For the moment. It's something we'll take a look at for a future update.
=)

Cool, Ill try to remember this after I beat it.

Again, where can I download the second disc from Xbox Live? I'm hearing that around the internet and I'd like "pre-install" it so I'm ready to go come midnight.

Again, where can I download the second disc from Xbox Live? I'm hearing that around the internet and I'd like "pre-install" it so I'm ready to go come midnight.
I don't think you can, Disc 1 gives you the option to download the contents if you try to go into Spartan Ops/War Games without it installed. Though the disc install isn't very long so I wouldn't fret it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm just going to walk in there at twelve, like a boss. I only like hanging out with neckbeards once a year now.
I want to do this, but I would rather wait an hour before then an hour after 12 seeing as the line will be massive

Sanjuro

I want to do this, but I would rather wait an hour before then an hour after 12 seeing as the line will be massive

Yeah, it depends on the location. Mine is in a very small town and is a relatively new store. Worst case scenario is I'll wait ten minutes.

My LE still hasn't shipped and I have prime, ordered mine back in June. Called Amazon and went off, bitch didn't offer to do shit except say sorry. Answered my email that said I wasn't helped sufficiently, called back and got someone way more helpful, changed my shipping to 1 day shipping so at least it'll be one day late instead of 2 days late and she credited me $10 for the inconvenience.

Brannon

Bring your damned 3DS units so's I can get me some Street/Spotpass action if you're going for midnight action, assholes. Atlanta sucks for this kind of thing and these events are the only way I can do it. So do it!

WTF is the point of the MP thruster pack.
I've had some good use getting out of the way of vehicles and grenades and making some dashing escapes where my sprint was being slowed down by a hail of bullets. So far a lot of the AAs seem like they don't sway things around greatly, which is good; with how open a lot of the maps are even something like jetpack is more of a hindrance. Though I do get annoyed fighting against Promethean Vision. I haven't seen anyone use auto-sentry in MP yet however.

There are those that said this day would never come.

What are they to say now?

can't wait, going tonight to wait at like 9:30 or 10... they better have my LE copy dammnit.

NBtoaster

Strafing?

I've had some good use getting out of the way of vehicles and grenades and making some dashing escapes where my sprint was being slowed down by a hail of bullets. So far a lot of the AAs seem like they don't sway things around greatly, which is good; with how open a lot of the maps are even something like jetpack is more of a hindrance. Though I do get annoyed fighting against Promethean Vision. I haven't seen anyone use auto-sentry in MP yet however.

I didn't think to use it sideways >_<

Amazon for some reason still hadn't shipped my copy, and had a delivery date of Thursday.

I canceled and will pick up tomorrow morning at Target, where they offer a free $10 gift card when you buy Halo 4 and a 12-pack of Mountain Dew.

That's more fitting anyway.

Kthreev

Ordered from Amazon and it still hasn't shipped, but it does still claim the delivery estimate to be Nov. 6th. Should I be worried?

Ordered from Amazon and it still hasn't shipped, but it does still claim the delivery estimate to be Nov. 6th. Should I be worried?
If your estimate is still the 6th you should be fine.. Expect a late night notice and delivery tomorrow.

It's happened with me a bunch of times.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I believe its 8 gigs total single + multi. Someone had the multiplayer/spartan ops installed and it was only 3.5 gigs.
Nope.

Single player is a separate install.

Multiplayer install is mandatory. Multiplayer "War Games" is 2GB and Spartan Ops is 1.5 so far, because only the first episode is out. 4 more episodes to come, that will fill up the rest of that quoted 8GB figure.

zeeaykay

Nope.

Multiplayer install is mandatory. Multiplayer "War Games" is 2GB and Spartan Ops is 1.5 so far, because only the first episode is out. 4 more episodes to come, that will fill up the rest of that quoted 8GB figure.

I believe there are a total of 10 episodes, not 5. So 9 more episodes!

Ken

Can someone confirm something for me.

If you have the LE, is the code for the War Games Map Pass separate from the code with the digital LE bonuses like the Recruit skin?

Perhaps someone will know the answer to this question:

Will there be any issue for me down the line if I purchase the Asia version? (I hope to get DLC later on)

Top Bottom