• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

S1kkZ

By good you mean revisiting Complex yet again?...

*Sigh*

the same maps over and over again really start to annoy me. i know they cant come up with new settings every week, but at least try to make it more varied (like episode 3 did).

maybe they could include skulls into the gameplay ("crimson, the covies use a radar jammer, you wont be able to see the enemy on your radar." or "watch it crimson, looks like they dropped an elite squad of grunts." (mythic, tough luck for the grunts).

there is much more they should do, even with the limitations they have.

the same maps over and over again really start to annoy me. i know they cant come up with new settings every week, but at least try to make it more varied (like episode 3 did).

maybe they could include skulls into the gameplay ("crimson, the covies use a radar jammer, you wont be able to see the enemy on your radar." or "watch it crimson, looks like they dropped an elite squad of grunts." (mythic, tough luck for the grunts).

there is much more they should do, even with the limitations they have.

But if they plan to go more than one season, and that weekly, i could understand why some are reused.

Tzeentch

I've acquired a leaked copy of the mission scripts:

Palmer: The eggheads have tracked the egghead eggheads to egghead the egghead. Crimson! Take them out! Let's kill some hingeheads who are hinging the eggheads.
Random Marine: Covenant inbound! We need support!
Palmer: Useless Marines. We'll take it from here.
Palmer: More troops dropping in. Take them out!
Palmer: Crimson, activate that switch.
Palmer: Another switch down. Get to the next one.
Palmer: There's your third switch. Get to it.
Palmer: Crimson! Get moving to that switch!
Palmer: Crimson! Hurry up and get that switch!
Palmer: Crimson! Come on home.

Does anyone know whats happening with me not getting achievements that I should have gotten for Spartans Ops? I performed an assassination on a Knight and didn't get that achievement, nor did I get the achievement for beating the first episode all on legendary. Also, why the hell do my saved load outs keep disappearing? I keep having to remake them over and over...

Is this some game bugs others have experienced or am I missing something? Its pretty annoying.

MormaPope

Banned
I use to loathe and detest the Boltshot pistol, thought it was way overpowered and only worked for crouch camping.

After Using it in King of the Hill and Oddball, I love the shit out of that pistol. I use to use the firepower perk to carry two main weapons, the assault rifle and the storm rifle pale in comparison in short range encounters.

The more I play Halo 4, the more it feels right and cozy.

god the DMR is so stupid in this game, it's way too good, I really hate how it's the go to weapon for everyone because it's easily the best tool.

blamite

So once you hit 50, the others appear in the menu? What's this about specialization email codes?

Normally you can only choose from 2 specializations when you first hit 50, but if you played before the 20th you'll be getting an email soon to unlock the remaining 6 early. Otherwise 343 will be periodically unlocking the rest over time.

MormaPope

Banned
So once you hit 50, the others appear in the menu? What's this about specialization email codes?

I don't know if they appear in the menu, but the first two I assume will be able to be bought. The max level being 130 means you'll have to unlock more specializations over time. I'm level 46 right now so I'm pretty close to reaching specializations.

Normally you can only choose from 2 specializations when you first hit 50, but if you played before the 20th you'll be getting an email soon to unlock the remaining 6 early.

Really? Fucking sweet.

Doodis

Normally you can only choose from 2 specializations when you first hit 50, but if you played before the 20th you'll be getting an email soon to unlock the remaining 6 early. Otherwise 343 will be periodically unlocking the rest over time.

Okay, thanks. This is what I was trying to figure out. So I don't have to do anything special at this point, they'll just be emailing me soon. No big deal, I'm only a level 34 now.

Kabuto

just wanted to pop in and say I'm loving the game. I just got it yesterday and I was playing all day. I can see myself playing this way more than I did with Reach. The guns feel great and the ordinance drops are nice. Haven't started the campaign yet, but so far the game looks amazing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
god the DMR is so stupid in this game, it's way too good, I really hate how it's the go to weapon for everyone because it's easily the best tool.

i'd like to see the dmr tweaked to not be so dominant at range, 3x and hardly any bloom makes the effective range as far as any sight line in mp i've seen.

however, i still think that its effectiveness at mid range isnt quite as good as the BR (unless you can land every shot) and its nowhere near as good as an AR at close range. in this sense, its pretty well balanced IMO.

JB1981

I think on Slayer maps you can get by just fine with the BR. I have the BR as primary for both of my Slayer loadouts and I do just fine. Nothing but DMR on large maps though

I just prefer to use the BR anyway. More satisfying and gives me and old school Halo feeling

Haliela

So what is this people are complaining about with instant respawns? After playing twitch shooters like CoD it's hard to go back to an arbitrary count down spawning system. I've never experienced a downside to instant spawns in Halo 4. Makes the game faster and more fun IMO.

op_ivy

So what is this people are complaining about with instant respawns? After playing twitch shooters like CoD it's hard to go back to an arbitrary count down spawning system. I've never experienced a downside to instant spawns in Halo 4. Makes the game faster and more fun IMO.

its not a deal breaker for me, but halo is a game about battles and recovery (recharging shields). instant respawns can break this.

It's less arbitrary when you realize it's in part tied to the shield recharge to avoid situations that arise in 4 like finishing off the person that killed you before their shields have had a chance to recharge.

Cross post from OT:

I don't know how well this is known on this forum at least, but did anyone else find this?

It's on the second level, in the area where chief finds out he is on requiem.

It triggers some extra dialogue between the chief and cortana.

Are there any more?
On the second level? I believe that's the only easter egg. There's more within the Ivanhoff Station in a room containing "Artifacts" taken from an excavation on Installation 03.

op_ivy

Haven't experimented with it enough but how much does Shielding help in situations like this ?

honestly, i have never really noticed this occuring, which is why i said its not much of an issue for me. also, only used shielding for a few games.

and i use regen, so after a firefight (sometimes in the middle of one!), my shields recharge instantly.

I just unlocked a specialization called Alpha...I don't remember one called that. I still haven't received anything in my hotmail but I received an email at my primary location from xbox live saying I earned a free download for being a live member. I go to the link and see it's Halo oriented. After submitting the code, it unlocked Halo 4 Specialization Alpha. I'm not at my xbox at the moment so not sure what it is. Anyone else get this?

Lothars

I just unlocked a specialization called Alpha...I don't remember one called that. I still haven't received anything in my hotmail but I received an email at my primary location from xbox live saying I earned a free download for being a live member. I go to the link and see it's Halo oriented. After submitting the code, it unlocked Halo 4 Specialization Alpha. I'm not at my xbox at the moment so not sure what it is. Anyone else get this?
yup it's the extra 6 specializations unlocked early for playing halo 4 when it came out.

Esiquio

Cross post from OT:

I don't know how well this is known on this forum at least, but did anyone else find this?

It's on the second level, in the area where chief finds out he is on requiem.

It triggers some extra dialogue between the chief and cortana.

Are there any more?

Yup, found it. Not sure if there are any more, not that far in campaign.

Now Halo-GAF, I got some questions and would like to know what the experts here think. First, has anyone else experienced the issue in this topic? Stinkles responded but OP never responded if it was fixed. Some Google shows me that this issue is a little more widespread than I thought. I'd really like to know how to fix this for my friend/try to avoid it happening to me. This issue is also mentioned in the Halo Waypoint forums here, but isn't listed in the known issues sticky thread here.

Secondly, cheating. Has anyone else experienced cheating yet? I just got finished with a game of CTF on Ragnarok where our team was about to score, the game then pauses at that black screen and says its trying to re-establish connections and start the game again, then after a minute or so the game returns, we no longer have the flag, and the other team scores instantly. After that, our team is like, wtf just happened, did we get standby'd? Then everyone else on the team quits as we quickly run over and score (no one was there on their team). I'm thinking that just one person cheated and everyone else recognized that and quit out of fear of getting reported.

So I see that there is no way to report people in-game, and the only option is do so through Xbox Live. I can't remember, was it like this way in Reach? The thing is, I'm trying to figure out WHO cheated, as I don't want to report someone erroneously. I'm going to watch the replay and see if I can see anything strange, but my initial thought it that the person who scored is the most likely candidate. Thoughts, GAF?

Zee-Row

Banned
What is Specialization Priority Alpha? I got a code from Microsoft to download the DLC? I don't even know how I got it since I bought the regular edition of the game.

yup it's the extra 6 specializations unlocked early for playing halo 4 when it came out.

Oh, it's the collection for all 6? Awesome, was hoping they wouldn't just ration it out and I feared they only gave me one but I didn't recognize the name Alpha so figured I'd ask here.

What is Specialization Priority Alpha? I got a code from Microsoft to download the DLC? I don't even know how I got it since I bought the regular edition of the game.

People who play in the first month of release get early access to 8 of the 10 specializations.

stktt

Banned
WP_000504.jpg

The population is dropping more rapidly than expected.

Ok is there some setting that I can't find or something because I've now realized that every time I turn off the 360, my loadouts are gone. I create all 5 of them turn it off, come back the next day its erased again.

That's the only thing that's pissing me off about this game, having to create your loadouts again everytime is irritating.

exYle

I just got this, too. It's funny, because I have the Limited Edition and I've already been working towards two specializations that most don't have.

op_ivy

Ok is there some setting that I can't find or something because I've now realized that every time I turn off the 360, my loadouts are gone. I create all 5 of them turn it off, come back the next day its erased again.

That's the only thing that's pissing me off about this game, having to create your loadouts again everytime is irritating.

knock on wood, havent had this happen once.

exYle

Rogue? Getting me some Rogue first most likely :)

Rogue done, and now I'm working on Tracker.

For everybody else - the moment you get to access Rogue, TAKE IT. Stability has changed my life. It also makes the Light Rifle one of the best guns in the game.

stktt

Banned
Rogue done, and now I'm working on Tracker.

For everybody else - the moment you get to access Rogue, TAKE IT. Stability has changed my life. It also makes the Light Rifle one of the best guns in the game.

I'm already locked into Pioneer, but Rogue is definitely the next specialization I'm taking. The Light Rifle is already my most used weapon, and reduced flinching should make it even better.

any of the 8?

I was hoping it was something to do with the anniversary, like because I have played halo since the beginning, that Specialization Alpha code..

So I plan on buying a 360 tomorrow. And this will be one of the first games I buy.

Sadly I'm buying the white 4gb cause its the only one thats white. Question, will this be enough for Halo 4? If I'm not mistaken, you dont HAVE to install the game right?

MooMoo

So I plan on buying a 360 tomorrow. And this will be one of the first games I buy.

Sadly I'm buying the white 4gb cause its the only one thats white. Question, will this be enough for Halo 4? If I'm not mistaken, you dont HAVE to install the game right?
Memory is fuzzy but I'm 99% sure that to play MP you have to install, which is unfortunately more than 4GB.

Naturally, the campaign doesn't require an install.

Incorrect, you do have to install the Multiplayer Disc, without it you cannot play Spartan Ops or Online Multiplayer.

I suggest either buying a cheap HDD, or just using a 16GB USB Stick since the 360 now allows you install games to USB.

Memory is fuzzy but I'm 99% sure that to play MP you have to install, which is unfortunately more than 4GB.

Naturally, the campaign doesn't require an install.

sonuva. well that sucks.

Incorrect, you do have to install the Multiplayer Disc, without it you cannot play Spartan Ops or Online Multiplayer.

I suggest either buying a cheap HDD, or just using a 16GB USB Stick since the 360 now allows you install games to USB.

anyways. WOAHHH. I can just plug my cheap ass 16gb usb?! thats amazing

Top Bottom