• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 active players is the highest since Halo 3 (even before the free play period)

Adam429

Halo 5's core MP is a thing that would be refined and tuned in the future, not rebooted, reinvented or reset. That doesn't preclude any number of improvements, additions or completely new modes and methods of play, but the team does recognize the core strengths, advantages and extensibility of the current MP tune.

It's elementary.

I just hope you can re-introduce 4 player split screen in Halo 6.

Glad to hear this. I haven't played it nearly enough, and I want to get back into it

>=D

Yesssssss. Come in. The water is fine.

HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH >=D

e2b.png

btags

God forbid there are people out there willing to speak the truth and cut through the fanboy bullshit.

And since last post on page and all

What truth are you trying to expose? You have an opinion on the game that is different than other people's opinions. Are you infallible?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Aww that's cute, but I don't care for Bungie.

I played Destiny for maybe a week? Probably less.

They were the ones who started the downfall of Halo (but it was 343 that triple downed on the awfulness).

I even abandoned their forums when they changed style because they were awful.

Welp, better not shoot at all then.

How long until I get accused of not even having an xbox?

I mean you're not saying anything new. Or insightful. I even defended you earlier in the thread. Now you're just fighting with people about the game you hate. Isn't there something fun to do instead? It would make you happier. I want you to be happy, SATANSREVERENCE.

We criticize because we want the franchise to live up to its potential, but theres also a time a place for it.

This thread is super positive, it means people still care about halo regardless of what many want us to believe. Halo isnt dead. Far from it.

The player base being at halo3 levels is a testament to what 343 have accomplished. I personally didnt expect that news. They deserve it.

Ive been critical about parts of H5 but im also able to be logical. Its not easy to suddenly have one of the biggest franchises in your hands and be able to deliver on those lofty expectations with at the same time trying to put your stamp on it.

Being on this side, sitting on our couches with nothing to lose is very very easy.

The fact people can be accused of defending 343 shows how far 343 have come, good job 343
Exactly. 343 has been getting nothing but shit since H4 (and rightfully so for H4 and MCC).

You have to live in bizaro land to think the gaming population thinks positively about 343.

Heck, half the comments during the Halo Wars 2 segment of MS's E3 twitch stream was "lul 343 killed halo" etc

That's good news. They should just focus on this game for a few years before trying to push a new game on people. Or make a single player only game with halo5's multiplayer that carries forward. Theres no reason to reinvent the multiplayer all the time.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I mean you're not saying anything new. Or insightful. I even defended you earlier in the thread. Now you're just fighting with people about the game you hate. Isn't there something fun to do instead? It would make you happier. I want you to be happy, SATANSREVERENCE.

Who is to say the "fight" isn't fun?

And I do enjoy your attempts at belittling me for my 14+ year old username. It's quite entertaining. Got any good ones for ThumblessTurnip (was courtesy of waypoint that one) and Bronosaur?

Exactly. 343 has been getting nothing but shit since H4 (and rightfully so for H4 and MCC).

Do you want to know the positives 343 has brought since their takeover?

Off the top of my head (Probably missing some)
ZBNS in Reach.
Not being forced to spawn with an automatic in Halo 4. (I didn't even get a kill with the AR until after they over buffed it)
The idea of MCC
Dedicated Servers.
60fps
Pistol being a viable starting weapon.
Free DLC

and probably a couple others I can't think of at the moment.

They deserved and even received praise for these accomplishments.

btags

That's good news. They should just focus on this game for a few years before trying to push a new game on people. Or make a single player only game with halo5's multiplayer that carries forward. Theres no reason to reinvent the multiplayer all the time.

I would honestly love that. Give the team some time to do an odst type spinoff and continue iterating on the already solid multiplayer.

Who is to say the "fight" isn't fun?

And I do enjoy your attempts at belittling me for my 14+ year old username. It's quite entertaining. Got any good ones for ThumblessTurnip (was courtesy of waypoint that one) and Bronosaur?

You took that as an attack on your username? I mean, I see why you're on the defensive but come on.

I would honestly love that. Give the team some time to do an odst type spinoff and continue iterating on the already solid multiplayer.

MS would never allow it. Honestly one thing i would love is if they could somehow incorporate halo5 in a polished MCC so we get everything in one place.

That would be tha bomb.

Please, do try next time to inform me of something I don't already know. fyi, I played Halo 2, 3 and Reach on a dial-up connection and thus over those ten thousand+ games learned virtually every practicality of Halos online netcode as it is in the real world and not some ideas and theories about how it's meant to work.

dIgHBE1.jpg

I mean... Could you be any more full of shit?

The fact people can be accused of defending 343 shows how far 343 have come, good job 343

I know right.

Halo 5 absolutely deserves this success, in my opinion not only is it the premier competitive fps experience on the current generation (on consoles), but by virtue of the strength of its multiplayer suite alone one of the greatest FPS games ever released.

I cannot think of any other competitive game that right out the gate got the balance so goddamn right. Honestly the sandbox team for Guardians has demonstrated a masterful understanding of weapon and ability balance, creating one of the most compelling and balanced FPS in years.

Best Halo MP experience since the LAN days of Halo: Evolved. Tight controls, good maps, and regular updates. I like the changes they made to the core gameplay more than any other changes made to the franchise. If you don't like it, don't play it. Not sure why a few people feel the need to convince others to think like themselves.

gamz

4440857-tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

I wasn't a fan at launch but I've started to really enjoy the game. With HW2 shaping up nicely I'm liking what 343 are doing currently. I hope the playerbase can grow for H6.

The Flash

Banned
Just fyi, I have held onto my day 1 limited edition of Halo 3.

Oh cool me too.

I also have my Halo Reach Legendary Edition statue and the box it came with. The box has a lot nicks and stuff in it but I still like it. I don't think I have my original copy of Halo CE or Halo 4 though. Pretty much everything else I have is from Day 1. Been thinking about getting the LE for Halo 5. It's been getting a lot cheaper lately and I like getting LE's and stuff. What do you think I should do?

The only weapons i dont use are swords and gavels. I"m crapola with them, UHG REMOVE THEM 343!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH CHU HOMIE!? CANT DO NADA RIGHT!

Scourge of Fire though .. mmmm sweet apple pie. You are so good to me.

The only weapons i dont use are swords and gavels. I"m crapola with them, UHG REMOVE THEM 343!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH CHU HOMIE!? CANT DO NADA RIGHT!

Scourge of Fire though .. mmmm sweet apple pie. You are so good to me.

That is my one complaint, but I realize I am a minority. I realize my desires do not override those of the community. That said, I hate swords.

Do you really want to?

I mean, really?

I'll give you the chance to retract that.

Just fyi, I have held onto my day 1 limited edition of Halo 3.

I mean, really? You're implying that by playing on a connection that, at best runs at 1/5 the bandwidth xbox live officially "required" for connection at the time, let alone multiplayer to be playable, that that gives you more insight into how the networking algorithms work than the actual bungie employees that wrote them? I'm well aware you could get on Live with a dialup connection if you had to in those days, but that in no way gives you usability information or statistics on how the games function in their intended environments.

What does having a day 1 of H3 have to do with literally anything under discussion? Such a valid point you are making with that one.

That is my one complaint, but I realize I am a minority. I realize my desires do not override those of the community. That said, I hate swords.

I was actually serious. i sell all of my swords and hammers when i get them in packs. unless its the legendary version.

Speaking of swords .. where is my HYABUSA ARMOR set 343?

I AM CRYING T_T

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I mean, really? You're implying that by playing on a connection that, at best runs at 1/5 the bandwidth xbox live officially "required" for connection at the time, let alone multiplayer to be playable, that that gives you more insight into how the networking algorithms work than the actual bungie employees that wrote them? I'm well aware you could get on Live with a dialup connection if you had to in those days, but that in no way gives you usability information or statistics on how the games function in their intended environments.

What does having a day 1 of H3 have to do with literally anything under discussion? Such a valid point you are making with that one.

Do you even understand the point of highlighting text? The only insinuation of your post was that dial-up couldn't and wouldn't work for XBL.

Regardless, multiplayer was obviously playable seeing as how I had a few thousand games played on it under those conditions.

And in truth, I didn't even bother watching that video because it would only confirm what I already knew from, again, thousands of games of experience. Probably just explaining it in more technical terms then I could or would.

It would undoubtedly explain how, under very specific circumstances a phantom hit like the one shown could register. Hell, I've seen it in H2, 3 Reach and even the 4.

What it wouldn't explain is why they are so much more common in Halo 5 to the point of being a non event or even apparently accepted as "normal magnetism".

As for the H3 remark, the Router 7.0 video in the bonus disc shows that even Bungie tested and used dial-up for Halo 3.

Where's playable Elites?!? That's what I freakin' want. Give me Invasion or give me death!
Firefight Versus mixed with Gears Judgment's OverRun.

If you don't know what those are, look it up and envision something similar for Halo. Then let the depression flow as the potential of such a mode may never be implemented, neither in the next Halo or Gears 4 :'[

Please, do try next time to inform me of something I don't already know. fyi, I played Halo 2, 3 and Reach on a dial-up connection and thus over those ten thousand+ games learned virtually every practicality of Halos online netcode as it is in the real world and not some ideas and theories about how it's meant to work.

So again

Where the bullet was aimed.

Where the bullet actually hit.

Where the player was.

Where the player was moving.

NONE of this equals hit.

The only time a shot like that should register is if the player was moving towards it and ended up walking into the shot as it occurred. But do try to tell me about these magical phantom hits that seem to happen oh so regularly in Halo 5 on it's dedicated servers that were extremely rare in Halo 2, 3 Reach and even the 4 on their inferior hosted games.

and again, that's not even the worst phantom hit I've seen in Halo 5.

Hahahawow.jpg

You are plain and simply wrong. Ideas and theories? It's how the games actually work, from the developers themselves. It's pretty simple: what you see is not always what you get. You do not know for certain where the bullet hit, where the player was, or where the player was moving. Your game is showing you its best guess, but the server is actually deciding what happens. According to the server, you hit that guy in the head, and it's the server's determination that matters.

Your perception of Halo 5 being worse has more to do with the game showing seams that were previously covered up than actual gameplay changes. Lower FPS (and resolution), higher auto-aim, reticle size, bullet spread, bloom, and flinch all made it harder to tell to what extent you bullets were magnetizing.

EDIT: Of course you didn't watch the video at all. Is it still confirmation bias if you don't even bother to take in the information first?

The Flash

Banned
Firefight Versus mixed with Gears Judgment's OverRun.

If you don't know what those are, look it up and envision something similar for Halo. Then let the depression flow as the potential of such a mode may never be implemented, neither in the next Halo or Gears 4 :'[

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces

I would LOVE a mode that let me play as a Grunt or Hunter. The species that make up the Covenant are my favorite alien species ever. That's why I love that they introduced the Grunt Goblin. I'd love to be able to use that. So goofy but so cool at the same time.

Love H5 multiplayer, spend most of my time in BTB, Warzone, Firefight, and a hint of Team Arena .

Personally feel that H5 multiplayer is the best since H2 days.

Top Bottom