• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbraun80

Delay? When did we say Halo 5 was releasing in 2014? When Bonnie Ross said "your Journey begins in 2014" at last year's E3 about half the people in the thread said, "That means something is coming in 2014 and Halo 5 is coming in 2015."

Now the question is, "Is 2014 something super tiny or a bombzaldroppen?"

ha beings she bolded giant step in the press release in going with bombz for 500, Alex.

Delay? When did we say Halo 5 was releasing in 2014? When Bonnie Ross said "your Journey begins in 2014" at last year's E3 about half the people in the thread said, "That means something is coming in 2014 and Halo 5 is coming in 2015."

Clearly we'll have to frogblast the Ventcore. ;)

Who wants to start a wager that Halo 5's gunplay will be aim down the sights?

:)

put-that-evil-on-me.gif

hawk2025

I'm sorry, but that's not a very nice answer.

A trailer was shown that clearly follows Halo 4. A release date for something is announced as 2014.

Don't expect people to wade through PR spin correctly all the time; the presentation was clearly meant to imply that the next sequence to the game would come in 2014. The fact that some of us are well-trained in PR bullshit is not carte blanche to imply that this was common knowledge. It wasn't.

It's not. I don't agree that having a red dot site indicates ADS but he is right that it's not the same as the Halo 4 BR.

I actually made a post pointing this out earlier in the thread which started this whole conversation off :p

Its definitely a BR. Not sure if its the exact one from Halo 4 though. Kind of looks like it.

I'm sorry, but that's not a very nice answer.

A trailer was shown that clearly follows Halo 4. A release date for something is announced as 2014.

Don't expect people to wade through PR spin correctly all the time; the presentation was clearly meant to imply that the next sequence to the game would come in 2014. The fact that some of us are well-trained in PR bullshit is not carte blanche to imply that this was common knowledge. It wasn't.

Actually it is right. They said your journey begins in 2014 with just Halo. You really wanted a rushed game this fall? I certainly wouldn't...

You never know. The fact that the rifle in the cover art clearly has a red dot sight attached to it instead of a scope leads me to be weary.

God i hope they do!! I'm sick of the full screen zoom and hip fire cross hairs. Personally, after playing years of FPSs with ADS, not having it just feels loose, wonky and less realistic. ADS would also lay a platform for greater weapon customization. I'm all for it. Will it have an affect on gameplay... of course, but i believe those effects would be more positive than negative. This is all coming from a OG Halo player/fan.

hawk2025

Actually it is right. They said your journey begins in 2014 with just Halo. You really wanted a rushed game this fall? I certainly wouldn't...

Of course not. I expected and look forward to 2015.

But the implication of his post is regarding the original announcement and what it meant.

I seem to be alone in this one since no one else took issue with it, so I'll just drop it :)

Valhelm

contribute something
The top guy isn't Chief. He's some sort of stealth operative, either to kill or rescue John from this planet. There might be two campaigns, or a split-perspective campaign.

I found who is the spartan of Halo5 is not Cortana, Noemi, Thorne etc. It's: 343GS Guilty Spark, a spartan that sing it's amazing guys!

He is blue, he is a guardian, he does not like chief, he was taken by the ONI for sometimes and he is a male ^^

nbthedude

That doesn't make any sense.

Halo 5 will get people to buy their console and therefore buy into their ecosystem. Halo 5 on PC and XB1 would require more dev time for the sake of a little more software sales.

No it won't. Halo 5's fan base has shrunk. It is dwarfed by fan bases of games like Battlefield and Call of Duty now and even Asassin's Creed. The people who would buy a console for Halo are likely huge Xbox fans who already have a system. At the very last it no longer resonates as strongly with a wide audience. CoD ate it's lunch a long time ago.

But there are a large group of hard core gamers worldwide who are still interested in the series but have left Microfot's Xbox infrastructure. It wouldn't cost very much to release a PC port and it surely would be profitable and help their flailing reputation.

I don't think it actually will happen. Like I said, MS isn't that smart and are too stubborn. But it would be a very solid move.

I found who is the spartan of Halo5 is not Cortana, Noemi, Thorne etc. It's: 343GS Guilty Spark, a spartan that sing it's amazing guys!

He is blue, he is a guardian, he does not like chief, he was taken by the ONI for sometimes and he is a male ^^

Chakas reborn? We gonna get some Bornstellar action as well? But didn't 343 end up hijacking an oni ship to go looking for a special someone?

jem0208

Its definitely a BR. Not sure if its the exact one from Halo 4 though. Kind of looks like it.

I'm not sure either...

Halo4_BattleRifle.png

It certainly has a similar shape to the Halo 4 BR but the scope is definitely changed a lot.
Oh snap, there's an ONI logo on the chest of the top spartan

Halo5_Primary-TeaserArt_Vertical_RGB_Final.jpg

oni_logo_by_zieja-d2zq1kf.jpg

ONI vs Chief confirmed?

Oh yeah, I noticed this too. Interesting stuff.

We don't know if the top spartan is an antagonist though. I'm tempted to say it isn't atm as it seems very much the focus of the box art.

Their last E3 was good, in terms of games I'd agree that they came ahead of Sony; however let me explain my cynicism. X360 had a great start before MS just dropped it. I've been burned too many times so I'm weary of what they may do. The X1 bombing so far means they'll have to put effort into this E3, which is why I'm actually looking forward to it but at the same time MS has failed me so many times that I can't help but feel they won't live up to it. Hopefully I'm wrong and I'll eat some crow

With logic like this why even bother getting an X1? Just wait until the tail end of the generation so that you don't have to feel like they somehow tricked you. I buy each console for the exclusive games and experiences that they all offer. If Microsoft or whomever decide to change their output for some reason, I won't be upset, I will be happy with the system they did deliver and the games that came along on it. I'm an equal opportunity gamer. Give me something i want and I will buy whatever system i need to play it on. I like being this way, I recommend it to anyone with the means. Just know that it makes playing everything you want very difficult if you have responsibilities.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Microsoft in panic mode, can't wait to see what they have to show in the E3.

Haven't we all had enough of this? Microsoft's new console may not be selling as well as their main competitor, but it is outpacing its predecessor by a fair bit. While I don't think that they are 100% happy with the sales gap, I also don't think that they had people waiting in the wings with this "announcement" just in case the NPD came back horribly or anything of that sort. I would imagine the more likely scenario would be that they wanted to tell people Halo 5 isn't coming this year so they don't expect it to get as much spotlight at e3 in less than a month.

Or, maybe many of you are correct and Microsoft has shat their knickers. They are just doing anything they can, no matter the logic, to stop the enormous hemorrhaging of customers they have seen in just the past seven months. It is mass exodus, Phil was put in charge to right the ship, or be subject to the ship being sunk or sold.

The internet is weird sometimes.

So, the new Spartan.

I bet it's 'Marlowe'.

TV veteran Mike Colter is set to star in Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's new chaptered “Halo” digital feature project(...)
Expected to follow the same format as Machinima's “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn,” the story is set in the 26th century and follows a surgically-enhanced super soldier who is not Master Chief, TheWrap has learned.

Instead, Colter is expected to play Marlowe, a rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.

It just makes sense.

_woLf

If that is the final box art I hope it's rotated 180 degrees.

Having the Chief be the one upside down on the cover of a Halo game just seems straight up wrong to me.

Wait anytone thought of the Precursor???

he Precursors were an advanced race that preceded and were mythologized by the Forerunners. The Forerunners classified them as "Transsentient" beings, having the ability to travel among galaxies and accelerate the evolution of intelligent life. While the Precursors themselves had long since disappeared during the time of the Forerunners, evidence of their technological and architectural achievements remained scattered across not only the galaxy but also outside it, namely in the Large Magellanic Cloud.

A few Precursors either escaped or were spared by the Forerunners. They either went into suspended animation or became molecular dust that was meant to eventually regenerate into their past forms. However, over millions of years, the dust became defective, failing to reconstitute the Precursors and instead inducing madness and mutations in life-forms that came in contact with it. This new form of the reduced Precursors would later be known as the Flood. Far from accepting failure and extinction, the Precursors viewed the Flood as a means to bring unity to the galaxy, as well as punish the Forerunners for their insolence. Vowing that none of their creations would rise against them again, the Precursors decided that all life would be deprived of free will and merged into one; in the end, the sum of the Precursors' creation would be a reflection of themselves and the suffering their creations caused them.

Reflections ring a bell....Hmmmm Could be a complete waste of time but looking in the halo mythos could this be what we are seeing?

Nobody can question 343i's ability to generate hype for a game. I went into H4 fully believing I was buying the GOTD.

Not falling for it again. I'm not going to allow myself to get over-hyped for this until it releases and I see HaloGaf praising it.

What's the logic in announcing this now? This would have been a nice megaton reveal at E3, so why now?

I can only think of two reasons...

1. MS has an even BIGGER Megaton in store.
2. MS's press conference will be more non-game focused, so get Halo 5 announced now so it can be quickly touched on and moved out of the way.

jtan

Whooo CBOAT!!

This really makes me wonder what is going to be shown at e3, maybe it'll be the year of the indies and AAA titles announced he he.

hawk2025

What's the logic in announcing this now? This would have been a nice megaton reveal at E3, so why now?

I can only think of two reasons...

1. MS has an even BIGGER Megaton in store.
2. MS's press conference will be more non-game focused, so get Halo 5 announced now so it can be quickly touched on and moved out of the way.

Sales-wise, nothing is bigger than Halo 5.

Edit: as far as exclusives go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom