• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite is the currently biggest project in the gaming industry (Update: Reported False by Frank O'Coner)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Gears 5 was definitely better than Gears 4, but let's not forget how much better was Bleszinski Trilogy. It's like no contest.

When it comes to Halo, I don't know, I enjoyed ODST the most. Reach second, but even now I cannot finish it in MCC. I don't see much difference between 3 or 5. Aside from that Halo 5 has better gameplay.
Halo 5 has the worst campaign by far but I agree about the gameplay being the best

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Actually it is fodder on Gamepass in relation to GTA being on there well after it already eclipsed 100 million sold! Like wtf do y’all be thinking about and getting upset at? It’s money in the bank to rent you 100mil seller to a service that you don’t care if it does well or not as there were already 100 mil sold but you still got paid a premium for it to be put out on your service! Who wouldn’t of done that?

like it’s mad crazy how this Gamepass stuff drives people who Nemo from it mad as they sure as hell don’t want to see it go as they don’t have to pay for games anymore!

In reality MS is hurting from this move since console sales aren’t that good for them and there 5 different consoles in one gen strategy!

so regardless what the cost to develop this game is $50-500mil this game is basically “free” when it launches!
Stop acting like you have a MBA. If you want to post your console war template, post it and move on.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Gears 5 was definitely better than Gears 4, but let's not forget how much better was Bleszinski Trilogy. It's like no contest.

When it comes to Halo, I don't know, I enjoyed ODST the most. Reach second, but even now I cannot finish it in MCC. I don't see much difference between 3 or 5. Aside from that Halo 5 has better gameplay.
Hmmm, no. Gears 1 was good, Gears 2 was incredible, Gears 3 was complete garbage. Talking about singleplayer only.

450 employees * 60,000$ (avg dev annual salary) = 27 million $ per year.
They do outsource asset creation to cheaper locations like India. Then, you also have to consider they that they are developing a new graphics engine, which would be re-tooled for later games and shared with their sister-studios.

Considering everything, I would be very surprised if the development cost is over 100mn$. Anyways, I am excited for the game. This will be the first game on my new console.

Bernkastel

450 employees * 60,000$ (avg dev annual salary) = 27 million $ per year.
They do outsource asset creation to cheaper locations like India. Then, you also have to consider they that they are developing a new graphics engine, which would be re-tooled for later games and shared with their sister-studios.

Considering everything, I would be very surprised if the development cost is over 100mn$. Anyways, I am excited for the game. This will be the first game on my new console.
haloinfinite.png

oldergamer

Whenever i see numbers like this in the media i always laugh. There is no way they are spending more then a half billion on a single game. That doesn't make sense. I've budgeted big teams before, and seen cost for an entire company of 500 plus developers, and it doesn't cost that much.

They are what 450 people? we've see ridiculous numbers like this before and it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Riven326

Banned
Why are they spending so much money on an IP that has lost so much of its fan base and appeal? I mean, I still like Halo. But I used to love it until 343 took over. Seems like most of the Halo fan base feels the same way.

Maybe they'll be able to bring it back to life. But goddamn man. Halo 5 was the shits.

Bernkastel

Why are they spending so much money on an IP that has lost so much of its fan base and appeal? I mean, I still like Halo. But I used to love it until 343 took over. Seems like most of the Halo fan base feels the same way.

Maybe they'll be able to bring it back to life. But goddamn man. Halo 5 was the shits.
How many times do we have to explain. Read 8 posts above you. Seriously, do you just treat NeoGaf thread titles as news without checking.

LNXD

Neo Member
Maybe $500m is the budget for everything in 343 for at least the last 5 or 6+ years and not just the Halo infinity budget. 343 produced or co-produced other games (Halo Wars 2, MCC, Halo 5 dlc/update, etc.), novels, comics, toys, championships, events, "Outpost Discovery", etc.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Maybe $500m is the budget for everything in 343 for at least the last 5 or 6+ years and not just the Halo infinity budget. 343 produced or co-produced other games (Halo Wars 2, MCC, Halo 5 dlc/update, etc.), novels, comics, toys, championships, events, "Outpost Discovery", etc.
Read the thread or atleast 16 posts above you before posting your fantasies.

LNXD

Neo Member
Read the thread or atleast 16 posts above you before posting your fantasies.
It's not crazy to think 343 spent over $ 500m in the last 10+ years, he also co-produced several live action and animated movies, now a tv series. What I meant to say is the rumor started because someone saw 343 spent $ 500m and thought it was just for halo infinity. Many rumors begin by misinterpreting the information.

MiguelItUp

Glad someone asked to tone down the sass, I was like, "Dang man, not that big of a deal, lmao."

I'm really just hoping for a solid Halo experience. I didn't touch 4 at all, and honestly I'm not a gigantic fan of the series. But I dug the coop and multiplayer aspects quite a bit. 3 and Reach were phenomenal IMO. Really hope we get something like that, but even better.

Bernkastel

Already posted somewhere in this thread but here it goes.

The rumour was originally made up by Xbox Dynasty
It was debunked by Frankie in ResetEra
And subsequently the relevant ResetEra thread was closed
It's not crazy to think 343 spent over $ 500m in the last 10+ years, he also co-produced several live action and animated movies, now a tv series. What I meant to say is the rumor started because someone saw 343 spent $ 500m and thought it was just for halo infinity. Many rumors begin by misinterpreting the information.
It is crazy when people stick to a rumour from a site with no credibility even when denied by some executive from 343i.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Already posted somewhere in this thread but here it goes.
The rumour was originally made up by Xbox Dynasty
It was debunked by Frankie in ResetEra
And subsequently the relevant ResetEra thread was closed

It is crazy when people stick to a rumour from a site with no credibility even when denied by the franchise director himself.

Thank you.

In the future, report the posts so corrections can be made instead of arguing about it. A little self defeating, no?

stickkidsam

It is crazy when people stick to a rumour from a site with no credibility even when denied by the franchise director himself.
Being a big dog in the studio doesn't mean you are going to tell the truth. Giving so much credence to an unproven site is a rad naive though for sure.

D.Final

Banned
Glad someone asked to tone down the sass, I was like, "Dang man, not that big of a deal, lmao."

I'm really just hoping for a solid Halo experience. I didn't touch 4 at all, and honestly I'm not a gigantic fan of the series. But I dug the coop and multiplayer aspects quite a bit. 3 and Reach were phenomenal IMO. Really hope we get something like that, but even better.

Can't wait

Top Bottom