• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Tech Preview Two | Sept 24-27 | Oct 1-3

jigglet

Banned
I've been playing the training mode for the last hour. Aside from it crashing every time I try to map something to the side buttons on my mouse, this is pretty close to perfect. I'm loving what I'm playing so far.

One question - what does the T button do? The settings says it activates some sort of helmet light...I assume that's campaign only?

Also the button for Reload also says "Vent" - what is that?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I've been playing the training mode for the last hour. Aside from it crashing every time I try to map something to the side buttons on my mouse, this is pretty close to perfect. I'm loving what I'm playing so far.

One question - what does the T button do? The settings says it activates some sort of helmet light...I assume that's campaign only?

Also the button for Reload also says "Vent" - what is that?
Vent is to release heat on plasma weapons. If it overheats the cool down is longer.

Tried all the weapons on the gun range and did a bunch of training with the bots at various difficulties.

Think I’m ready to go when this starts in half an hour.

jigglet

Banned
Vent is to release heat on plasma weapons. If it overheats the cool down is longer.

Tried all the weapons on the gun range and did a bunch of training with the bots at various difficulties.

Think I’m ready to go when this starts in half an hour.

Any idea what the helmet light is?

chigstoke

Went on Training earlier as MP wasn't on quite then

Man the gameplay is good, impressed, and that's only against bots, so hopefully some PvP will be even better.

Bit of random lag on my system, 2080 and 5600x, 32gb RAM, but I suspect it's just a build issue. 95% of the time it ran smooth as butter at 1440.

jigglet

Banned
Just finished playing a game. Holy fuck 343i has done it.

I think I've found a bug: I don't think the voice chat settings work. I set it so I could only hear my squad members but I could hear everyone. So I turned it all off completely and I could still hear them. The only way to fix it was to turn the voice chat volume down to 0.

Another bug is mapping anything to the side buttons on my mouse seems to crash the entire game. I tested this 3 times and it crashed each time without fail.

Last edited:
This game is so good!!!!
10054.jpg

YukiOnna

Finally got to try Social PvP properly since I only got one game in last time. Really, really good and thank goodness the fixed the Needler SFX.
PC Performance is a lot better, too.

vewn

Hit detection feels a bit broken online, its almost more effective to run into every gunfight with the AR than with the precision weapons (playing on kb/m)

M.W.

Game is fun, against bots. I'm complete ass against real players. At least you can still rank up playing bot matches.

Last edited:

Stuart360

DrDisrespect and his pals are liking this a lot. He says it plays very smooth and feels good.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Will my gameshare partner on Series X be able to download mine and play?

I booted the pc test up on steam this morning and tried the bots and got worked 😂😂

I came here to ask about this. It runs pretty smooth but no matter the settings it has the same framerate for me, I set min fps to 144hz and max to 144hz but it hovers in the 70s, I drop everything to medium settings and framerate doesn't change at all, 3080 here.
It does feel pretty smooth with Gsync overall but I want that 144hz.
Did some tweaking. Had to set the minimum and maximum frame rate to 120 FPS . Now it’s smooth for me.

VN1X

Banned
Man this feels like ass on PC.

Maybe it's the fact that we can't actually play in dedicated fullscreen but yeah... it's not great so far. Had a couple of matches and while adequate it's also very by the numbers. Not sure about this one.

Yeah just echoing the thought of many in the thread to say this plays beautifully, really well done on 343's part. Graphics are somewhat of a mixed bag currently though (obviously still heavy in development). Recharge is the standout in this test and looks very nice, the other 2 maps need work IMO, looking forward to seeing the BTB map next week.

Top Bottom