• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

klodeckel

Banned
Having a ranking over all 4 games MP is a bad idea
What? No! This would be awesome! Ranks 1-50 for the playlists shown (Halo 1 - 4). Imho? This would be gorgeous.

Maybe they can do it PER TITLE and PER PLAYLIST.

Detective

Halo 2 ELO ranking was best ranking system

BXR/BXB is easy enough to deal with

the biggest problems in halo 2 was modding and standby and those things were vaulted into oblivion

plus we are hearing that superjumping may not work as well or work at all.

BR double shot can rot in hell though

oh and the 6 halo 2 maps are in addition to their original counterparts

I really hope they remove those glitches. It really ruins the experience.

dwells

Man, you guys are the best. Few minutes after my long post and everyone's jumping in to answer stuff for me. Reminds me of the early-mid 2000s when the Halo community was actually great.

This sounds pretty damn amazing. My biggest worry is that the big bundle is going to fragment the online population too heavily, but hopefully I'm wrong. I'm gonna be very happy if I can play competitive matches of H1 and H2 multiplayer.

If the dedicated servers work well on H2 it'll make the online play a whole different beast. Playing at actual MLG events on LAN was always a huge shakeup. no matter how much I trained online, there's no preparing for everyone having an effective cross-map BR. Totally changes when and how you run flags. That two-down flag run that works on XBL doesn't work when those other two guys can reach out and put shots on you on LAN.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it. I'm buying an Xbone just for this title. Now MS just needs to give me a transparent blue console bundle styled after the very rare H2 edition original Xbox.

Giggzy

As someone that didn't own a last-gen console (strictly PC), this collection is the best thing shown at E3 for me. I'm stoked to play the shit out of this.

I bought both next gen consoles at launch but my PS4 continues to sit in the corner and collect dust, besides when infamous and transistor came out. I don't see that changing for the rest of the year with this collection, sunset overdrive, and Forza Horizon 2.

Chitown B

Well, guess next month is time to buy Xbox One. I'm really happy about the fact multiplayer is untouched, but the hopper playlists idea is kinda bad for me. Sure, release them 1080p 60fps, every multiplayer included, but please do not force me to play hopper, cause if i'd want to play H4 multiplayer (which i dont want) I'd just play H4 multiplayer. My interest is focused on good ol' Halo 2 multiplayer (100% Middy and Locky remastered :))

you don't have to play a mix.

I really hope they remove those glitches. It really ruins the experience.

Frankie said in the IGN interview that the games will be patched as they were at the end of life.

hlhbk

Haha I would really like to know the same thing, but I doubt it's as big as it sounds...20-30ish gigs?

Halo Anniversary is 7.5 GB
Halo 2 Anniversary lets assume is around 8 GB
Halo 3 is 5.7 GB
Halo 4 is 7.3 GB

That would be around 28 GB. That isn't that bad compared to some of the next gen games.

Derp

Was really hoping they'd announce the collection for PC as well. But no doubt, they'll use this to sell some more Xbox Ones. Never played a Halo game before, aside from the multiplayer one on PC. Some kid installed it on every PC at school so we played it during computer classes in high school.

But yeah, i've always wanted to try out the series, but never want to buy an Xbox to do so. Oh well...

RetroStu

Banned
prNGceN.png

So £65 for the UK and $60 for the US?, wow thats nice. I wonder who worked out that exchange rate.

Chitown B

Do you have a link for this info...hadn't seen anything yet though that sounds right. I feel like i would spend time in the big hopper and sometimes in individual games

I don't, too much info. But I know I read it somewhere yesterday. If I find one I'll post it.

hlhbk

I gotta say other than the actual announcement my favorite part of the Xbox conference was the presenter getting schooled by the professional gamer in multiplayer. He sounded so defeated. LOL

mcrommert

Banned
Was really hoping they'd announce the collection for PC as well. But no doubt, they'll use this to sell some more Xbox Ones. Never played a Halo game before, aside from the multiplayer one on PC. Some kid installed it on every PC at school so we played it during computer classes in high school.

But yeah, i've always wanted to try out the series, but never want to buy an Xbox to do so. Oh well...

Umm...what highschool did you go to...since i did that at my high school...the demo on every computer and then we could all play blood gulch with banshees

I think this part from Xbox Wire is really interesting:
So, even the series’ most recent releases – “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” and “Halo 4” – will benefit from the jump to Xbox One, sporting much higher fidelity, better shadowing, reflection, and lighting effects, as well as an overall level of detail that trumps the previous console generation.
Source

So only H3 is just a resolution + framerate update

RetroStu

Banned
It gets worst...click on it and read the whole article. At one point he tried to suggest that Microsoft is copying Sony's Drive Club with Forza Horizon 2...a franchise that predates driveclub by a gen and 2 years. Its seriously awful and obviously trying to show his prejudices.

You know its one thing when you see ridiculous fanboy shite on a forum like this but when you get actual professional journo's doing the same shit it just becomes cringeworthy and incredibly sad.

Bsigg12

Source

Yes. CEA and 4 benefit from 343/Saber/Certain Affinity working on them recently and able to go through and optimize the engines a little better to the Xbox One. Frankie earlier in the thread said Halo 4 is looking pretty great.

mcrommert

Banned

Source

Nah i think they are making small changes to all the games...halo 4 will be awesome because they will let the engine breathe...but halo 3 will probably see small changes too...just not the full anniversary workover

0racle

Hey guys

im not too sure if this has been asked/verified but this is my question

during the presser it seemed that ONLY HALO 2 will get the REMASTER- the rest will look the same but in HD 1080P/60 but HALO2 WILL get graphic overhaul. Next, only a FEW multiplayer maps from HALO2 will get REMASTERED with new graphics, the rest will all be the SAME but in HD 1080p/60

correctomundo?

I am looking forward to playing Halo 1 multiplayer for one game and then Halo 3 the next, then Halo 4 Big Team Battle, then Halo 2 Free For All or whatever else they want to throw at us.

I understand why players will want to just play Halo 2 and never touch Halo 4, but I am really looking forward to jumping between the games in an instant. I'm hoping that when Halo 5 does come out, the multiplayer can be added to this one interface system.

I'd like to be able to jump from Halo 2 to Halo 5 multiplayer without ever swapping a disc. If 343 keeps the overall number of playlists small then it wont fragment the Halo community. In fact, giving us one disc to put in will unite the communities and if there are more people like me who are happy to play any of the titles - everyone wins.

Hey guys

during the presser it seemed that ONLY HALO 2 will get the REMASTER- the rest will look the same but in HD 1080P/60 but HALO2 WILL get graphic overhaul. Next, only a FEW multiplayer maps from HALO2 will get REMASTERED with new graphics, the rest will all be the SAME but in HD 1080p/60

correctomundo?

Basically, but you do get Halo CE Anniversary campaign.

Hey guys

correctomundo?

Pretty much.

You get all of the Halo 2 maps in the original multiplayer + 6 remakes of the Halo 2 maps running on a different engine.

hlhbk

Hey guys

correctomundo?

I don't mind helping out but this question has been anwsered like 1000 times in this thread. Please go back a couple pages.

0racle

ok

so as someone on the fence about pre ordering with an E3 discount ( some canadian store )

the only "new"content that I have not see before really is HALO2 campaign with enhanced graphics, 6 maps redone and the rest is all content identical but in 1080P60 ? of course the beta as well

H3xum

Halo Anniversary is 7.5 GB
Halo 2 Anniversary lets assume is around 8 GB
Halo 3 is 5.7 GB
Halo 4 is 7.3 GB

That would be around 28 GB. That isn't that bad compared to some of the next gen games.

Definitely not bad. Wonder how much the higher res modeling and such will add onto that. Regardless, they said 1 disc so no more than 50gb

ok

so as someone on the fence about pre ordering with an E3 discount ( some canadian store )

the only "new"content that I have not see before really is HALO2 campaign with enhanced graphics, 6 maps redone and the rest is all content identical but in 1080P60 ? of course the beta as well

more or less, halo 1 and 2 campaign have updated visuals you can switch on the fly, 3 is a direct version and so is 4.

hlhbk

Definitely not bad. Wonder how much the higher res modeling and such will add onto that. Regardless, they said 1 disc so no more than 50gb

I just got my Xbox One yesterday since I preordered the Kinectless one. The disc based games install to the HDD like the PS4 right? If so the data could be compressed on the disc and be over 50 GB.

Bsigg12

ok

And the Halo Nightfall series is included which is supposed to introduce the new character Locke who's in Halo 5.

So 4 games. All with their original multiplayer engines with almost every map ever made for the series. 2 anniversary remakes with Halo CEA and bow Halo 2A. Then Halo 3 and 4. All running at 1080/60

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
No not really, I can deal with it, But others who wants to join maybe. Think about that.

And skill have nothing to do with it.

What are you actually talking about?

The super-jumping and standby-ing?

The button glitches for weapons are completely accessible on the other hand, and don't prevent anyone from getting into H2 for the first time. You can bet yourself 343 will release official videos showing the pros explaining in-detail what the glitches are and how to do them and what situations to use them in.

Such a weird minority of sheepish people not wanting the BXR's, etc back. Everyone I knew who played H2 loved them.

mcrommert

Banned
I don't, too much info. But I know I read it somewhere yesterday. If I find one I'll post it.

So this is from oxm's article/preview

The Master UI does intriguing things with multiplayer. Getting into a match begins not with a game selection, as you might expect, but with the playlists. Select your playlist of choice and you're then offered a list of the maps from all four games that are compatible with that playlist. Each map is clearly labeled by game and when you select a map it loads up with the relevant game's original physics and gameplay fully intact.

With the four games' multiplayer served up such a singular fashion, this of course means the game also has to deal with ranking in a more unified way. You will, it seems, have a single rank that applies to multiplayer across the entire offering, but it's unclear exactly how this will work, as 343 is still ironing out the details.

So from this it looks like all the playlists they showed incorporated at least 3 different games (from all the screen shots i have seen thought they have been halo 1, 2 and 3)

But they haven't decided yet fully so let your voice be heard :)

And they can always add new playlists at any time like all halo games

Also custom games still exist and they will have dedicated servers (awesome) so if you have friends it doesn't matter

Karak

It gets worst...click on it and read the whole article. At one point he tried to suggest that Microsoft is copying Sony's Drive Club with Forza Horizon 2...a franchise that predates driveclub by a gen and 2 years. Its seriously awful and obviously trying to show his prejudices.

I will not click it. I am ok with opinion pieces but when they are flat out lies I move on.

Top Bottom