• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANGOD

Banned
3d support would have been nice. Forgot how good halo looked and with the beefed up bone engine would have ironed out the kinks the 360 had pushing it

If this has been answered, apologies. I searched but couldn't find anything definitive.

Will the sillier stuff from Halo PC be included? Flamethrower, banshee, fuel rod? The changes to Sidewinder?

If this is more of a port of Halo PC, I assume the "netcode" will have to be redone from scratch? It was pretty miserable originally, even under ideal circumstances.

I had such a great time with the original Halo CE on Xbox Connect, so I'm really hoping that's going to be closer to the experience we're getting with this.

Some awesome didact cosplay here.

Just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0XGktudjx8

VPb6F56.jpg

1271448_504769929610265_501052613_o.jpg

After really not enjoying myself with the multiplayer portion of the Destiny beta I have a super huge craving to play Halo now... and I sold my 360 and all my 360 games to get an Xbone for a low price. November come faster :(

Some awesome didact cosplay here.

Just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0XGktudjx8

VPb6F56.jpg

1271448_504769929610265_501052613_o.jpg

I don't even like the Didact (at least not in Halo 4), but this is a ridiculously amazingly well done cosplay.

Destiny makes me pretty excited to get back into halo multiplayer, at 60 fps.

I need quality console multiplayer after having played that destiny nonsense.

AlStrong

Front plate looks fine. Maybe a desat Halo ring or the Halo Logo on the top would have been nicer. *shrug* Seems a bit.. well.. redundant to have the box cover replicated.

After really not enjoying myself with the multiplayer portion of the Destiny beta I have a super huge craving to play Halo now... and I sold my 360 and all my 360 games to get an Xbone for a low price. November come faster :(

I don't even like the Didact (at least not in Halo 4), but this is a ridiculously amazingly well done cosplay.

Yeah, I haven't dressed up in a costume since I was a pre teen on Halloween but what I wouldn't give to wear that with a voice synthesizer and try to jump out and scare people on camera.

Kinda like this...

amXYKrX_460sa.gif

fras

Banned
I can't believe my most anticipated game this year is a re-release of 4 games I have played hundreds of hours of each.

Soprano

Banned
I cant wait! Day one for me. I think the cutscenes look fantastic and cant wait to get back into multiplayer for all of the halo's with every map included. I never tried all the DLC halo maps and was disappointed that they dint become free over time like halo 2; so it will be great to play them now.

Wolf Spartan

Neo Member
Okay I'm not bothered to search through 105 pages for this question if its been asked .. since coagulation is being remastered is it possible to still play the original coagulation map?

wwm0nkey

Uh no? Halo CEA was 30 FPS in non 3D. It didn't cut down to 15fps when you turned 3D on, It was done through a (relatively) cheap post process similar to how Crysis 2 and 3 do it.
It also cut resolution down and was his awful. Or at least I saw A LOT of jaggies.

FyreWulff

Uh no? Halo CEA was 30 FPS in non 3D. It didn't cut down to 15fps when you turned 3D on, It was done through a (relatively) cheap post process similar to how Crysis 2 and 3 do it.

I assumed it was rendering the scene twice for each eye @30fps for each eye, equating to 60fps. Didn't know it was using a post process. One of the better post processed 3D I've seen then.

I thought Crysis 2's 3D was shit.

nomis

I assumed it was rendering the scene twice for each eye @30fps for each eye, equating to 60fps. Didn't know it was using a post process. One of the better post processed 3D I've seen then.

I thought Crysis 2's 3D was shit.

Yeah from what I heard, both use the same technique of looking at the zbuffer to approximate depth.

Hindle

Banned
Still can't believe how much of a bargain this is.

Halo 2 was rumoured to have 3 or 4 levels that were canned due to time restraints. Is it possible they could release them as DLC?

Still can't believe how much of a bargain this is.

Halo 2 was rumoured to have 3 or 4 levels that were canned due to time restraints. Is it possible they could release them as DLC?

Probably not since they were most likely canned during a build that was not the final release. Similar to the E3 demo level that frankie said couldnt be added. The reason being its a completely different build & cant just be shoved into the game like that.

malfcn

That's fine. What about specializations? Having them locked for months and months and months was lame.
Thanks to Dew and the something else that unlocked ask the SR levels I was able to hit 128 and open everything up.

nillapuddin

hoping for this

Would anybody care if they just unlocked everything for everybody, all armors all weapons etc?

Honestly it seems like that would just be the least amount of fuss

1. Get rid of every existing ranking and leveling system.

2. Just focus on full unlocked player customization, and skill based ranking.

It shouldnt be about regrinding to get all the same gear we've had for years, it should be about playing the game, when and how we want to.

Its a celebration of Halo, the only acquirable additions to the game should be completely new content.

I've been thinking... they revealed Coag in an odd way by just showing art and saying that we will see it at SDCC, I wonder if that is how they are going to reveal all the maps. I guess we'll find out if at the end of the SDCC MCC panel they show art work of another map and say we will see it at Gamescom/PAX. I'd actually be pretty okay with that approach to revealing the maps.

I've been thinking... they revealed Coag in an odd way by just showing art and saying that we will see it at SDCC, I wonder if that is how they are going to reveal all the maps. I guess we'll find out if at the end of the SDCC MCC panel they show art work of another map and say we will see it at Gamescom/PAX. I'd actually be pretty okay with that approach to revealing the maps.

So long as they show us the map at the next event, I'd be happy with that.

Question for Stinkles: Did you guys fix that bug in the cutscene where Forward Unto Dawn is escaping Halo in Halo 3? Because most of the time the music is out of sync and in my opinion it really takes away from what's happening when the music is playing at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom