• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait Halo 2 anniversy isn't going to come with all the maps?!!

MCC will come with all of Halo 2's maps (+ DLC) in their original form, i.e. not remakes. They'll look a little better though because they'll be rendered at 1080p.

It will also come with 6 remakes that get the "Anniversary" treatment, i.e. new graphics/geometry.

So the MCC will have two versions of Zanzibar, plus H3's Last Resort. All thanks to the Xbox One's DWP, or "Dedicated Windmill Processor".

Wait Halo 2 anniversy isn't going to come with all the maps?!!
The campaign has been redone, which was always going to be the main focus. However, they are also remaking a small selection of MP maps from Halo 2. You still get to play every Halo 2 MP map ever made though. This was not much different than Halo:CEA where the focus was to let people re-experience CE's campaign with redone graphics.

EDIT: Beaten by Duncan

So Combat Evolved is a little odd at 60FPS. All the animations are capped at 30 frames, but the game itself runs at 60 still. Very weird to say the least.

You can see Halo CE at 1080p60 right here; stream if you can, download available if you are unable to stream. HUD is a little messed up, though the FOV is corrected. Hope they will fix the animations in the MCC edition.

The PC version's mouse sensitivity won't go any lower either, which sucks...

Alright, here is the first 60fps clip. 1080p60 with no fancy AA outside of the game's default. Stream it if you can handle it, download available if you can't. More specifics of what you guys would like would be good.

FOV is tuned up to 90 so I don't get dizzy or anything. Heroic difficulty. Xbox One controller.

For the new page. Any specific stuff from H2 I can get you. HCE is too weird.

BtaCmHtCUAEYiFx.jpg:large

Just Announced @Comic_Con: Zanzibar will be remastered for #Halo 2: Anniversary! Share your best memory of the map! pic.twitter.com/TxIsRmjsgD

So... where is Coag?

Are all the MCC panels over with for Comic Con?

I was hoping for a limited edition console announcement or at least a collector's edition of MCC.

Are all the MCC panels over with for Comic Con?

I was hoping for a limited edition console announcement or at least a collector's edition of MCC.

Look at the timing of the Titanfall bundle-- they aren't going to announce an MCC bundle until the last moment because they don't want people to be waiting to buy the bundle.

jem0208

Raised:
pfUcJC0.jpg

Lowered:
AjlTfmV.jpg

Bridge is lowerable from the base to the circular spinning thing. Seems like one of the the interactive elements is this.

pacman85

They have already said multiple times there is currently no collector's edition/limited edition/special edition of this game planned.

Zanzibar is back!

I played H2 for countless hours until the very last moment when they pulled the plug. The feeling of knowing we'll be able to play it again is incredible!

I really hope 343i and all the other studios involved stay true to the original as much as possible regardless of the upgraded graphics feature.

Great time for Halo fans, both old and new :)

Akai__

Pretty damn impressive. Halo Wars already looked pretty good, but this looks even better, which my brain can't comprehend. :lol

Also, I just love Seargeant Johnson in those scenes. He was an interesting character, but he
died too early. :'(

More like Arya Stark.

Can someone do a cut of this trailer using the original Halo 2, for comparisons sake?

A quick nitpick, after a few hours to reflect:
I wish Chief's armor were the same color and look of my Halo 3 Legendary Helmet. That metal olive look is so sexy. The trailer armor is a very deep green, and not very reflective.

I'm also in the minority who prefers the revised look of the Mark VI from Halo 4, for continuity purposes. I respect that they chose to go with the original, though.

Our Halo LAN group had to have watched that Halo 2 E3 2004 MP demo over a hundred times in preparation for Halo 2.

Then we got the game and the single-shot BR was gone as well as them noobifying the Rocket Launcher vehicle lock-on.

So Combat Evolved is a little odd at 60FPS. All the animations are capped at 30 frames, but the game itself runs at 60 still. Very weird to say the least.

You can see Halo CE at 1080p60 right here; stream if you can, download available if you are unable to stream. HUD is a little messed up, though the FOV is corrected. Hope they will fix the animations in the MCC edition.

The PC version's mouse sensitivity won't go any lower either, which sucks...

Alright, here is the first 60fps clip. 1080p60 with no fancy AA outside of the game's default. Stream it if you can handle it, download available if you can't.

FOV is tuned up to 90 so I don't get dizzy or anything. Heroic difficulty. Xbox One controller.

Alright, here is a portion of the level 'Sacred Icon' on Easy with no FOV changes or anything. All recorded and rendered at 1080p60. Stream and download are available. [1080p60 stream may still be processing]

Also, here's this:

Check out more in this album.

njean777

So wait am I correct in thinking that this game is going to have all the separate MP's and their respective ranking systems? Along with all 4 of the games being 1080p/60?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom