• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klodeckel

Banned
Played 3 matches on Ascension toda at Gamescom. Just felt amazing and super smooth. Still shocked at how awesome the gameplay was - just like it was 10 years ago. This is Halo.

RoKKeR

Agreed about the combat log being incredibly distracting. I imagine it's placeholder but it should definitely not be bright white and should be right about the radar as it always was.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Personalization feature and useful for self-organization but not full clan support or a redux of the h2 double friends list.

No-fun-allowed-moar-krabs-30769686-488-516.jpg

Loginius

Had a chance to play this (h2A MP) today and it was beautiful,
BR felt awesome grenades aren't "launched" and the movement is the way it imo should be in halo.
The most fun match I had in halo in a long time (might also be because I got 31kills and a 15+ kill streak, still lost tho).

I really liked the new sanctuary but the waterfalls felt pretty useless, took 3 br shots (I think) to activate them and didn't really feel like it changed anything.

Kinda wish they wouldn't go digging through Thesaurus.com for some of these names. midship to heretic and zanzibar to last resort were good name changes.

darthbob

If it all maps, ever released for Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4, including the PC versions of Halo 1 and 2, then are we gonna see the return of Example?

This needs to be answered post haste.

I know all the maps but what about the Spartan ops missions?

Yep, confirmed.

Also regarding Halo 4 in the MCC, I hope, hope, hope that the Terminal videos are stored locally on the disc rather than still a stream online.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know all the maps but what about the Spartan ops missions?
Those are included, too. I'm not sure if all missions will be accessible at all times, or if they'll rotate in and out of matchmaking, or something else.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Good gameplay, but the more I watch this the more I realize that I really, really dislike where the kill notifications have been placed. In that location, it leads your eyes upward, away from the motion tracker and it's distracting if you want to know what's going on.

Another little gripe is the 'pop-up' text when you run over a weapon, again it's distracting. All it does is add additional and unneccesary movement that can lead your eyes away from something more important. IMO, it should just be a static notification.
Look like it's running on h4 engine.

blamite

Good gameplay, but the more I watch this the more I realize that I really, really dislike where the kill notifications have been placed. In that location, it leads your eyes upward, away from the motion tracker and it's distracting if you want to know what's going on.

Another little gripe is the 'pop-up' text when you run over a weapon, again it's distracting. All it does is add additional and unneccesary movement that can lead your eyes away from something more important. IMO, it should just be a static notification.

Totally agreed on both counts.

blamite

Is this the Halo 2 engine with a graphical update? Maybe all of the Halo 4 influences are affecting my vision, because it looks like it plays much different than Halo 2.

The H2A multiplayer is basically a recreation of Halo 2 in the Halo 4 engine (or a variation of it or something). It's basically meant to be a modernization or "what if Halo 2 was made today" mode or something, but the entirety of the original H2 multiplayer with the original graphics and gameplay is also included.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Going to play both maps tomorrow again. Anything I should be mindful of? Any open questions?
Off the top of my head:

- Try to compare the AR and SMG. Like, how do their range and damage output compare?

- How frequently can the waterfalls at the bases on Sanctuary be triggered? Same for the shield on Ascension.

- Try to EMP the Banshee with the Plasma Pistol and see if it works.

Thanks!

The H2A multiplayer is basically a recreation of Halo 2 in the Halo 4 engine (or a variation of it or something). It's basically meant to be a modernization or "what if Halo 2 was made today" mode or something, but the entirety of the original H2 multiplayer with the original graphics and gameplay is also included.

But the normal untouched Halo 2 multiplayer will be in this game as well, correct? Sorry, I haven't been paying super close attention to this title, so I'm a little confused between Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 2.

edit: Duh, you just answered that. Don't know how I managed to glance over the back end of your post. Thanks for the help. :)

darthbob

Why are so many companies anti clans? I thought the clan matchmaking stuff was pretty fun *shrug.

I'm not sure if you recall but the Clan specific playlists in Halo 2 were never very popular. Clan Wars, which was the 6v6-8v8 Clan centric playlist was probably one of the most barren Halo 2 playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom