• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC April Update adds 60Hz tick-rate, new loading screens and more

CyberPanda

Banned
main_splash_yap-yap_waypoint_banner-bfd35f94470b45348c7778e899df1df8.jpg

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/the-yappening-two-yaps-this-time

• Changed server tick-rates to 60 Hz
  • New loading screens providing a lot of information
  • New fun gametypes dir social matchmaking
  • Two new nameplates to unlock
  • New Halo 2 custom games options
  • Lots of other small QoL improvements
loadingscreen_campaign-c62d3aacaf6142519b5c4d99f9950389.jpg

loadingscreen_mp-92b70fbf5a33486d841e7d73e8d62852.jpg

yapyapmixtag-5a73d5d3361c4649ac017450716e9ea8.jpg

Naked Lunch

I mean what a resurgence. This stuff in unprecedented.
The series deserved it - good up on 343 making right. These games are timeless. With all of the recent updates, now this collection will live on for years to come as it should have been from day one.

The community has returned in a big way as well. Choosing map and mode options in match composure with no problems. I love it.

The series deserved it - good up on 343 making right. These games are timeless. With all of the recent updates, now this collection will live on for years to come as it should have been from day one.

The community has returned in a big way as well. Choosing map and mode options in match composure with no problems. I love it.

It turned out better than it ever could have been had it not been broken. So ultimately that black eye ended up making them a much better studio today.

It turned out better than it ever could have been had it not been broken. So ultimately that black eye ended up making them a much better studio today.
This is very true. I don’t think it would have ever come to pc without their blunder. More studios could learn from this.

Shifty

What is a server tick-rate?
Think of it as framerate for the netplay. Higher = better, smoother and more accurate online game.

It's not the same as the client-side graphical framerate though, since they run separately.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

This is 3 years too late, IMO. It took them years to make the game into a playable state and they should not be cheered on for doing what they should have done on launch.

Graciaus

That new Playlist is awful. In the 3 games I played 2 of them I was hit so far off the map but couldn't move or die. Just waited for the game to end.

The new menus in and out of game look nice. Really like the in game ones.

I'm not so sure it has made them a better developer. I think this is who they've always been. If TMCC hadn't been a disaster at launch, I think they still would have been working to do all this cool stuff with it.
This is 3 years too late, IMO. It took them years to make the game into a playable state and they should not be cheered on for doing what they should have done on launch.
Is demonizing 343 for the rest of their existence better though? I mean at some point it has to end. Any developer that fixes their game, regardless of whether it takes a while, should be praised over devs who just quietly let their game rot.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm not so sure it has made them a better developer. I think this is who they've always been. If TMCC hadn't been a disaster at launch, I think they still would have been working to do all this cool stuff with it.

Is demonizing 343 for the rest of their existence better though? I mean at some point it has to end. Any developer that fixes their game, regardless of whether it takes a while, should be praised over devs who just quietly let their game rot.

Until 343 releases a quality game on launch, I see no reason to cheer them on. As I stated earlier, what they are doing is expected and something that should have been done on its original launch.

Until 343 releases a quality game on launch, I see no reason to cheer them on. As I stated earlier, what they are doing is expected and something that should have been done on its original launch.
I don't recall Halo 4 or Halo 5 having issues, but i don't have the best memory either. I'm also probably just one of the few that doesn't experience the problems that other people do. For example, I was actually able to play TMCC upon launch just fine, but I was always playing by myself. I think most of the issues resulted from people grouped up or doing coop campaign.

njean777

What do you define as "quality"? Halo 5 released and was great at launch from what I remember. So they have already released games that are fine.

RPS37

Think of it as framerate for the netplay. Higher = better, smoother and more accurate online game.

It's not the same as the client-side graphical framerate though, since they run separately.
I see. I wonder if it would make halo ce play smoother. From what I remember, the netcode was ass for halo ce on mcc.

stickkidsam

I don't recall Halo 4 or Halo 5 having issues, but i don't have the best memory either. I'm also probably just one of the few that doesn't experience the problems that other people do. For example, I was actually able to play TMCC upon launch just fine, but I was always playing by myself. I think most of the issues resulted from people grouped up or doing coop campaign.
Oh mah dude! It was so bad. Halo 4 and 5 worked technically speaking, however they had content issues for days. Things like Theater and Custom games were gutted, and there were so many missing game types you could fill a school district with the milk cartons.

Content and variety were huge issues for both games at launch. The MCC I can understand, but those mainline games? The amount of stuff missing was ridiculous.

All that said, I'm pretty optimistic for Halo Infinite. I just hope they don't completely 69 the movement system.

Last edited:
Oh mah dude! It was so bad. Halo 4 and 5 worked technically speaking, however they had content issues for days. Things like Theater and Custom games were gutted, and there were so many missing game types you could fill a school district with the milk cartons.

Content and variety were huge issues for both games at launch. The MCC I can understand, but those mainline games? The amount of stuff missing was ridiculous.

All that said, I'm pretty optimistic for Halo Infinite. I just hope they don't completely 69 the movement system.
I do remember the content issues. For me, though, I just wanted to play 4v4 slayer. So missing features/lack of content didn't really bother me as much I guess. I mean I knew it would be added eventually.

Havoc2049

I remember Halo 5 not having BTB (and when BTB did come online, it felt like a bunch of low budget forge maps), a crappy and buggy theater mode and no forge mode at launch, but I don't remember any issues with Halo 4. I felt that Halo 4 was a full featured package from day one. I thought the theater mode is Halo 4 was fairly robust, with the only feature taken away was the ability to film the campaign. While Halo 4 didn't have a few multiplayer modes from Reach, it added Flood, Regicide, Dominion (loved this mode), Extraction and Ricochet. Halo 4 didn't have Firefight, but it did add Spartan Ops. So it all evened out.

I originally thought the Spartan Ops missions from Halo 4 were decent, but nothing great, when compared to the missions in the Halo campaigns up to that point. I was just playing through Spartan Ops the other day in MCC and I actually found the story, characters and level design better and more interesting when compared to the Halo 5 campaign and I was actually enjoying myself. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Mega Man

Idk any details on MCC for PC. Are they planning on getting rid of Auto-Aim? Are they going to have H2 classic and Anniversary?

Top Bottom