• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: MCC cinematic trailer

TheOddOne

my favourite Cortana design.
*takes blanket and goes home*
colbert.gif

i-Lo

No chance in hell, CGI like this in rendered at absurd high resolution and extremely heavy lightning calculations. We won't see these kind of graphics in realtime in this generation.

True, however, devs are coming up with so many creative ways to fool the brain in motion. At 30fps, we may get close by end of the gen (but never match it).

Vinc

Diminishing returns, guys! When we reach that level of visuals in real time, then we can talk about diminishing returns.

I'm at a loss for words.

The only sentence I can even put together properly is that Miranda looks a bit like Danica Patrick to me...

I'm.completely blown away.

Elites are also looking a little funny there. They may be trying to keep the Elites on 343's dinotrain.

Wonder what the Gravemind will look like. That will be very telling.

Actually, are these models based, in any way, off the in game model? Or vice versa? Because if in game Miranda looks dramatically different.. isn't that also a weird disconnect?
Man, decade long game visual overhauls are weird, especially when you change out of in-engine for bits of it.
I'm .. leaving.. my balls.. here with Colbert..?
halo2purplecortana.png

14741259384_5344f4c535_o.png

14741259904_7273bb9520_o.png

14556983919_ba749242d2_o.png
Thank you.
<3 Purple Cortana

Caayn

That's why I said "approached", but maybe I should have used "approximated". Of course it's not going to have the same insane IQ.
Highly doubt it. Look at modern CGI films for example like Frozen. It takes a renderfarm 30 to 132 hours to render a single frame. You'd need to drop a ton of effects, polygons, besides resolution to make it feasible to render it in realtime. Let alone render it in realtime on the current consoles. The differences would be massive.

Don't hold your breadth, next-gen we might get close with lots of tricks. This generation? No.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks hot.

Little dissapointed we won't see real time cutscenes with the new engine as well though.

Pretty nice that 343i is still enabling legacy cutscenes though.

Lucent

It's gonna be odd having cutscenes like this in Halo 2. And then get a downgrade in the following two. lol

None of the human in-game models are going to look spot on to these cutscenes. It's likely that they will resemble the new models by Blur, being as this is a remake. They're not just going to throw some touchups on the original Halo 2 models and be done with it...

No BLUR didn't do the previous ones. Between Digic ( Assasins Creed ) and BLUR ( League of Legends ), those two companies are the masters at CG cinematics!

Nothing short of amazing. I always knew 343 made the right call hiring Blur, as their Halo Wars cinematics are still among the best I've seen.

Ominym

Banned
So far, not a fan of the way Half-Jaw looks. The helmet looks too... round? I don't know. Seems weird. I liked the more angular designs Halo 2-3 had.

Other stuff looks great. Even though Miranda Keys looks like Anna Kendrick now. Which is a plus, really.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Miranda_Vista.jpg

Halo-3-Crows-Nest-03-Miranda-Keyes.jpg

I'll take this one

14720530986_bd47f50456_o.png
Agreed. H2A Miranda is best Miranda.

The more I see it, the more I realize she really doesn't look that off at all. Cortana is more "off" but only because we've finally been introduced to the high end Halo 4 version. But, she's an AI and can change her appearance so it still makes sense in a way.

Top Bottom