• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC patch out tomorrow.

The game has many problems. But the most important of them right now is the matchmaking, that is the main focus of this patch. If this stuff doesnt get covered tomorrow they will certainly give attention to some of these in the next patch (I would not expect frame rate improvements though).

They screamed 1080p60 from the rooftops for six months and we shouldn't expect 60?

Matchmaking isn't fixed if I still can't play CE only, 8v8 BTB, proper team balancing, or 4v4 instead of 5v5 on lockout and ivory tower

Cavalier

Banned
Can you elaborate please? Seriously, I don't mean it a negative way I just wanna hear your thoughts on it

Judging from all the comments I've been reading on here, reddit, gamefaqs, etc... Damage has already been done. Nothing much they can do about it but to learn from it and not release another game in such a bad shape. It's better to delay the game than to leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

Madness

They screamed 1080p60 from the rooftops for six months and we shouldn't expect 60?

Matchmaking isn't fixed if I still can't play CE only, 8v8 BTB, proper team balancing, or 4v4 instead of 5v5 on lockout and ivory tower

Increasing or decreasing player counts is such a minute issue that they can address it so quickly. Additionally they said that they are waiting for the other issues to be solved before they bring CE dedicated playlist back. This was something we knew even before launch.

And for the most part it is 60fps. There are a few dips in a few campaign areas, and Halo 4 struggles the most. I think only Stonetown has some slowdown in H2A multi-player. These are all smaller issues compared to the big one of not being able to find matches, either alone or with parties.

Kssio_Aug

I dont remember to see this game being advertised as locked 60fps. I'm not saying I'm all happy with its performance, but other then the warthog section in Halo CE, in this game I had no other annoying fps unstability issue in single player. Not sure about Halo 3 and 4 yet, cause have not played them enough.

And this patch main intentions is to fix matchmaking. So hopefully it will be working tomorrow. And about the proper team balace:
Party splitting has been addressed in matchmaking and is something we're keeping a close eye on.

I'm not saying you have no rights to complain, cause I know you do. I never debated against those who wanted a refund, cause I really could understand their frustration. But if this patch really works by the patch notes intentions, then we will see a huge improvement already. I'm sure they will keep adressing to more issues in future patches after this one.

DQcyOPP.gif

:p

Pure gold

Increasing or decreasing player counts is such a minute issue that they can address it so quickly. Additionally they said that they are waiting for the other issues to be solved before they bring CE dedicated playlist back. This was something we knew even before launch.

And for the most part it is 60fps. There are a few dips in a few campaign areas, and Halo 4 struggles the most. I think only Stonetown has some slowdown in H2A multi-player. These are all smaller issues compared to the big one of not being able to find matches, either alone or with parties.

Nice job side stepping my other half dozen points

People are in here patting them on the back for too little too late.

Madness

Nice job side stepping my other half dozen points

People are in here patting them on the back for too little too late.

What other points? I quoted whatever post I saw and replied to it. No one is patting anyone on the back. We're all disappointed that the most hyped game of the year had a bad launch and was basically broken in a lot of areas and a lot of people have moved on already. But have some perspective. They're fixing the biggest problems and yet you're wanting specific things that aren't as immediate. You know what's more important than your CE dedicated playlist? How about finding matches in any playlist and with parties. You know what's a bigger problem than your 5v5 on Ivory Tower? Having the ability to boot all the enemy team in a ranked match.

Relax, they're working on it and picking out the biggest problems to fix first. What's done is done. If it's too little too late already, than I don't know what to say.

Homeboyd

Just got my first perfection in mcc. Don't erase my shit with the patch pls! Likely I'll never get another one bc I'm a super scrublord nubcake.

Bout time. Too bad it'll be second fiddle now due to Smash coming and with me diving into Dragon Age but I'll still slide games in if it works fast.

Kssio_Aug

Does this patch fix party splitting when backing out of matchmaking?

"Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report"

I guess, it is that?

Not sure what they mean with this "carnage report" though. I'm new to Halo.

"Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report"

I guess, it is that?

Not sure what they mean with this "carnage report" though. I'm new to Halo.

Carnage report is basically an end of game report that details kills/deaths, medals, etc.

Kssio_Aug

I don't do Early Access or Kickstarter. This is my first time offering an interest free loan while the developer finishes their game, forgive me for my impatience.

soon it'll be a full product though, as promised

soon

I totally understand your frustration, but dont we know things are fucked already? You could have asked for a refund like many already did (and you still can I believe). The collection is, by no means, in a good shape right now! We know it. But its also well known they would not fix everything with a single patch.

Thoraxes

There is no fix for that. That can happen in any game that's P2P and doesn't migrates the host. The fix is dedicated servers, they have p2p as a fallback during these matchmaking issues. If this patch fixes everything then it everyone will get a dedicater server each time.
Ah, thank you for the explanation. I legit did not know how it worked at all or why it happened because this is the first time I've tried online MP in any Halo game.

I totally understand your frustration, but dont we know things are fucked already? You could have asked for a refund like many already did (and you still can I believe). The collection is, by no means, in a good shape right now! We know it. But its also well known they would not fix everything with a single patch.

well known is not the same as acceptable, and acceptable isn't the same as grateful. People praising 343's response to this in this topic are not asking enough of those who are glad to take their money.

I don't do Early Access or Kickstarter. This is my first time offering an interest free loan while the developer finishes their game, forgive me for my impatience.

soon it'll be a full product though, as promised

soon

Broken =/= incomplete. You're not waiting for a full product, you're waiting for them to fix your full product.

At least be angry about the right thing :p

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Awesome to hear! Glad it's before the weekend. Can't wait.

Broken =/= incomplete. You're not waiting for a full product, you're waiting for them to fix your full product.

At least be angry about the right thing :p

The game doesn't fuction. Not a single part of it functions fully. It can't even play missions in the right sequence or save your game with confidence or prevent crashes to dashboard/complete console reboots/black screens with exposed internal error messages.

It's Early Access. It's not like 343 doesn't know how to make something free and then charge you for it later, they did it with Halo 4's map pack after all.

Give me the tattered scraps of a game that got pressed to discs last week, for free, and I'll pay you "soon" 343

soon

well known is not the same as acceptable, and acceptable isn't the same as grateful. People praising 343's response to this in this topic are not asking enough of those who are glad to take their money.

You're not grateful that they are fixing it? Did you even want to play the game in the first place?

Kssio_Aug

If they choose to fix everything in a single patch, that would obviously take more time to be released. People dont want to wait more then they already did to play matchmaking, so they're addressing this problem as soon as they can... it doesnt mean they are not working on the other things aswell.

Thigs are bad, youre correct. I'm not praising 343, I think they fucked up with this release too. But we cannot expect for unreasonable things either... they cant patch everything in 1 week, specially with so many things to be addressed. I have to say that this patch notes is in fact even bigger then what I was expecting for one patch alone.

Too much hyperbole. I understand the complaints, but get real.

I'm going to sell you a bacon cheeseburger, it's ready right away

Pay me up front cash right now

Thanks for the money. Here's two buns.

I'll get you the beef in 30 minutes*

If you wait another hour I'll get you some cheese.

We might not get a bacon delivery today

*(In 25 minutes you should feel grateful)

You're not grateful that they are fixing it? Did you even want to play the game in the first place?

Are you kidding? Why else would I buy it day one? Why do I have an XBox? Of course I want to play the game! What a ridiculous accusation to make from someone who won't criticize the people who sold him half a product at full price.

No. And they aren't. They MIGHT fix PART of it tomorrow.

Consumers should demand more. Grateful is not the word for getting a part of the thing you paid for, 8 days later (assuming the patch actually works)

My friend, I understand that you are upset. However if what Frankie says is true and it was a problem they just didn't catch that cascaded then shouldn't we be grateful that they are putting so much time and effort into fixing it? I have not once heard anyone at 343 say or imply that it wasn't their mistake. Their attitude has been one of owning up to a mistake and being humble about it and fixing it.

At some point we need to take a step back and realize that these are people just like us. The only difference for some of us is that they happen to work at a company making luxuries/games for us to play.

Smell E. Butz

Neo Member
My friend, I understand that you are upset. However if what Frankie says is true and it was a problem they just didn't catch that cascaded then shouldn't we be grateful that they are putting so much time and effort into fixing it? I have not once heard anyone at 343 say or imply that it wasn't their mistake. Their attitude has been one of owning up to a mistake and being humble about it and fixing it.

At some point we need to take a step back and realize that these are people just like us. The only difference for some of us is that they happen to work at a company making luxuries/games for us to play.

No. Why should we be grateful that we had to wait longer than advertised to play the complete, fixed game that we spent $60 on? Satisfied, maybe. Grateful, fuck no.

No. They are obligated to do so. If someone rear ends my car I'm not grateful that they hand me their insurance information. They are supposed to!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'll probably catch up to it next week, there are so many games that deserve my time right now.

Montresor

Best case scenario: In no more than one month, everything is working smoothly.

*No more matchmaking issues
*No more performance issues (the game was advertised as 1080p 60fps, so it should be 1080p 60fps with minor dips under all circumstances, up to and including 4-player co-op). The 1080p thing doesn't apply to Halo 2A's campaign, for obvious reasons.
*No more glitches in multiplayer or co-op or with achievements
*Most important of all, early adopters should get something. I don't know what would be fair compensation, but anyone that satisfies one of these requirements should get some sort of compensation:

1) Any person that bought the game digitally any time before the day that the final patch fix is released
2) For disc owners, any person that has played the game any time before the final patch fix is released
3) If achievements are the only way to tell if someone is a disc owner and has played the game before the final patch fix is released, then offer a program to help MCC disc purchasers prove they bought the game before the final patch fix is released via receipt screenshot, just in case those customers don't have any time-stamped achievements proving their case

I'm happy with the update but not only is that list a lot, but a lot of those are glaring issues. I honestly thought maybe it was a server mishap that they oversaw or something. They really did ship a game that should have been delayed, no?
Since the patch came out a week after launch then they should've delayed it a week? What answer are you looking for?

No. They are obligated to do so. If someone rear ends my car I'm not grateful that they hand me their insurance information. They are supposed to!

Even if they are obligated to do so, these are still real people doing the overtime work. I would guess that most of the people fixing the game had no control over when or in what shape the game would release. Yet these are the people working OT hours trying to fix it so that I can play it. I am still grateful for their effort regardless of who made a mistake.

Top Bottom